Step By Step

Falling for You

The dance crew had a two day break due to the long music video shoot. Gabby explored more of Seoul and visited the Han river. She also saw Minji, who was an employee with the company. They were starting to become friends

The weeks leading up to the music video release Gabby saw little of U-Kiss. They were busy preparing for their comeback. She was a bit sad, because she saw less of Kevin.

 

//////////

The day after the music video came out there were several music show appearances. For the first show, U-Kiss and the others had to be at the recording at 5am. It was extremely unfortunate, but that was the reality of the situation. She finally saw Kevin though! Everyone bowed to each other and Gabby tried not to stare at Kevin. After everyone greeting each other he turned and went to the waiting room. Why did he not say hi? Gabby thought to herself. Was this his serious side? But then again it was 5 in the morning. Maybe he was just tired.

 

While in the waiting room Kevin was sleeping. Gabby stared at the side of his head, still distraught. Oh well, there was nothing to be done. Gabby dozed off until UKiss’ name was called to perform.

 

This was it! It was the first time Gabby had been on stage, with actual fans cheering. The music started playing, and then Gabby was performing.

 

Chaebal kkiburijima, jongmal kkiburijima~ Quit playing games with my heart.

Since they danced together, Gabby looked at Kevin’s face. He was so intense! He was singing and acting y and dancing ily- with her! Gabby threw herself into the song, performing the routine she had done thousands of times in practice. With the fans chanting, it was exhilarating! With the last notes faded, she felt so proud, of herself, of her fellow dancers, and of Ukiss! They walked offstage into the crowded hallway.

“Uwah! Good job guys!” The leader Soohyun told s and the backup dancers. Everyone was all smiles. Gabby turned to Kevin, who was finally smiling. “Good job!” She said to him. He turned to her and smiled, “Good job, Gabby.”

Gabby felt her heart growing bigger as she suddenly felt all giddy inside. “Thanks” she mumbled to him. The group dispersed, with the members going back to their dressing room.

 

Why was Kevin so grumpy in the morning? Was because it was so early? Well, he seemed fine after the dance performance. But why was she bothered about all of this? She didn’t care what the other members did, if they were tired or sleeping. Gabby pondered this on the way to the next schedule.

 

The next day, there was another music show recording. Gabby hadn’t been able to talk to Kevin at the next schedule the previous day, since all the backup dancers did was wait on standby if they needed to perform. She waited nervously again in the morning, for their turn to perform on the stage. The members and her fellow dancers were there as well, resting before their turn. Gabby had been thinking of Kevin all day. How was he doing? Was his schedule ok? Gabby nervously went up to him. He wasn’t sleeping like the other members, but looking at his phone.

 

“Hi, How are you doing?” She asked him.

“Ok, just tired. You?”

“Me too. How was the schedule yesterday?”

“Oh long. But that’s the usual comeback schedule. Little sleep you know.”

“Ah really? That blows. Good luck to you though!”

“Thanks… btw I get grumpy in the mornings. That’s why I didn’t greet you yesterday.”

“Really?!” Gabby’s heart was beating faster. So he was behaving different? “I was wondering what was up. Its ok though. I get grumpy in the morning too.”

“You do?” Kevin replied. “You don’t seem like it!”

“Well that’s because I’m not grumpy when I talk to you. I feel happy.”

“Haha, well I’m glad you get your happiness from me then.”

Gabby was surprised. Was she actually flirting? And, was Kevin flirting back?

 

“You know, since you are usually happy all the time, it’s ok to be grumpy once in a while.” Gabby told Kevin.

“Yeah, I know. I was just really tired yesterday. Sometimes I just want to not be the ‘smiling angel’, you know?”

“Ah yeah, always being optimistic. But you’re so good at it!”

Kevin laughed in response, and the pair continued chatting for a bit. Gabby was really happy that she was able to talk to Kevin again.

 

Their performance was soon finished, and afterwards the group was all happy. This continued for another week, with the group finishing up the performances. If Ukiss did a mini concert the dancers also went there, to dance backup for the title song.

 Gabby and Kevin continued to talk, all the while growing closer and closer. Gabby was really sad that the promotions were ending, since she wouldn’t be able to spend as near as much time with Kevin.

 

/////////////

 

A week had passed after the promotions ended, and Gabby hadn’t seen Kevin the whole time. Or any of the other members of U-Kiss. She was laying in bed at the end of the week wondering what he was up to. She checked his twitter… yup there was another selfie of him and talking about how he missed Kissmes, since the promotions were now over. Well what about her? Wasn’t Gabby a Kissme now? She missed him too…  Wait a minute. What is this? Gabby thought to herself. Was she liking Kevin? She did think about him a lot, and miss him, but was it because they were becoming friends? Or something else…

Gabby absentmindedly commented on his twitter. Yeah where you been? She wrote, then throwing her phone to the floor. To her surprise, there was a beep a second later. Gabby checked her phone. Kevin Woo is now following you. What?! He followed her on twitter? A moment later another notification popped up. It was a message from Kevin!

 

Kevin: Hey, I’ve been resting! Where you been?!

Gabby: How did you know this was me? And I’ve been going to work! Unlike you…

Kevin: I mean it says Gabby in your screen name and I saw some photos from the NH building… come on. And I need to rest! Those promotions are hell! I only got like 3 hours sleep!

Gabby: Uh-huh, sure. So you just stay home all day?

Kevin: Nah, I try to workout and see some of my friends and family. I do have a life outside of U-kiss.

Gabby: lol that’s nice. Well at least you get to see your friends.

Kevin: What about you? I know you don’t work on weekends. What do you do then?

Gabby: me? Um… chill.

Kevin: That’s it?!

Gabby: I recently moved here you know!! I don’t know that many people. I mean I do go to the Han river sometimes too.

Kevin: Oh really? Me too! I like to run there in the mornings.

Gabby: Ah, that sounds nice.

Kevin: Yep. Wanna go with me tomorrow?

 

Was Kevin asking to hang out? Gabby began squealing inside with excitement.

 

Gabby: ok, in the morning?

Kavin: yeah, meet me at that tube-like caterpillar thing.

Gabby: you mean that science museum?!

Kevin: yeah, you know it?!

Gabby: I’ve been in Korea long enough to know that! Lol ok then.

Kevin: sweet. See ya.

 

With that he left, and Gabby was left wondering what just happened. She was going to hang out with Kevin! Outside of work, as well! The remainder of the day she felt giddy every time she thought about it.