Quit Playing

Falling for You

Oh boy. This dance was highly ual as well, and Gabby would have to do it with someone she had been rude to.

 

Are you ready to start?” he asked while walking towards her.

“Ah, yes”  Did he remember her? She wondered.

“So you are the backup dancer. I was wondering when I would see you again.”

Yikes. So he did remember.

“You never said your name.”

“Yeah, my name is Gabby. I’m sorry about that…”

“It’s okay. At least you’re looking at my face now.”

Gabby blushed and turned away. What’s with this guy?

“Are you ready? Let’s start.” She told him. She still couldn’t recall his name.

 

They practiced the dance for the remainder of the day. It was awkward, especially since the dance was very ual. Gabby had to dance around him, as well as put her hands over his thighs, shoulders, side, and he had to grab her waist and hit her backside, among other things. However, Gabby was a dancer, and so was able to focus on the dancing, regardless of the iness. They went over the steps again and again, trying to achieve the perfect synchronization. At the end of the day they had the steps down, but it wasn’t totally perfect.

 

“Nice job.” He said to her, a bead of sweat running down his forehead.

“Thank you” she responded. Should she ask his name?

“Um, I have a question..”

“Yeah what?”

“Em, well, what’s your name?”

“What??” he responded in confusion.

“Your name, what is it?”

“So you never knew my name this whole time??”

“Im sorry, I forgot!!” She said this in a kidding way, her usual habit when saying sorry.

Laughing, he responded: “It’s okay. It’s Kevin! I can’t believe you didn’t know this whole time!”

“Well I was embarrassed to ask… sorry!”

“Well then I have a question for you. Do you know English?”

“Yes” Gabby responded in English.

Kevin switched to English as well.

“Me too! Are you from the states?”

“Yeah I am. from Texas. You are too?” She could tell he had an American accent.

“Yeah, from California.”

 

They chit chatted for a bit more, but then the dance rehearsal ended. The dancers stayed to work on their own parts and also the group choreography, while Ukiss had another schedule to attend.

 

So that’s Kevin… Gabby thought. He’s really nice. Maybe we can become friends? Kevin had told Gabby that Eli was from the states as well, but she hadn’t had the chance to talk to him yet.

Going home for the day, she was really tired. Oh well, she still needed to cook dinner and whatnot.

 

The next day was more dance rehearsal. The music video shoot for the song was in a few weeks and the dance had to be perfected by then. The dancers practiced among themselves in the morning, and in the afternoon they would practice with Ukiss. Gabby found herself looking forward to it. Maybe I can talk to Kevin again, she smiled to herself.

“What are you smiling about?” Sookyung, another female dancer said to her.

“Oh nothing.”

“So how do you like dancing with Ukiss? They’re cool, huh?”

“Ah, yeah. Sometimes I don’t understand what everyone says but they seem nice.”

“Yeah, but not Kevin right? I heard you two speaking English”

“You did?” Gabby responded, a bit surprised.

“Yeah, but I mean you are American so…”

“Hey! I don’t even know the guy. He seems nice though.”

“Yeah, I guess. I feel like he has a serious side though. You can’t be happy and smiling all the time…” Sookyung said to Gabby with a lowered tone.

Kevin be serious? He seemed like an optimistic guy to her.

“Hmm okay.”

 

U Kiss then entered the dance studio, and so the group practiced as a whole. Gabby found her mind wondering. What was this Kevin like? She was curious about him.