Intro

Falling for You

Gabby stepped off of the plane onto the ramp leading to the airport. This was it! She had made it to Korea. Walking through the airport towards immigration she saw a huge floor to ceiling music video of Girls Generation playing.

"I'm definitely in Korea now." she thought.

She had flown straight from the states to Incheon. Remembering back to her departure, her parents were sad as they said good bye.

"Why do you have to move halfway across the world? You know you could just work in the states." her dad said to Gabby.

"Yeah, I know. But I really want to live abroad! and in South Korea!"

"Well you are an adult now, so I suppose we just have to accept your decision." Her mom replied.

 

Gabby had recently graduated from university. Even though her degree was in science, she had always loved to dance. She was in the hip hop performance group at her school, but had wanted more. She wanted to be a professional backup dancer. While in college, she had discovered Kpop and instantly fell in love. Through Kpop she became interested in Korean culture, and so took Korean at her school. She also dated a few guys while in university, some of which were Korean. Gabby herself was Hispanic, but she wasn't too concerned about her ethnicity in Korea.

She had sent in a few audition tapes to different agencies in Korea, and luckily one had expressed interest in her work, NH media. She was going to Korea as a trial dancer, and would hopefully be able to land a full time job. She didn't want to become a Kpop star, as she wasn't too interested in singing. Dancing was a different story though. And so she was now in Korea.

 

 

Passing through immigration easily she exited the inner part of the airport, to where throngs of people were waiting for their loved ones. NH media had offered to send someone out to greet Gabby, and now she was scanning the crowd. While standing around, someone approached Gabby.

"안녕하세요, 가비 입니다? (Hello, are you Gabby?)" said a small petite girl.

"Yes, I'm her."

"Ah nice to meet you! I'm Minji, I'm with NH media. I came out to greet you. Do you have all your luggage?"

"Yes, I'm ready to go."

 

With that, the pair left the airport. Taking a limousine bus to Seoul, Gabby conversed with Minji. Minji seemed nice, if not professional. But Gabby didn't know a single person in Korea, and so she tried her best to be nice. Minji told her more about her job. The company had secured a small apartment for her in Seoul, that was located close to the business.  She would need to come to the company the next day to fill out paperwork, but she had the rest of the week to rest. Dancing would start next week. It was a bit difficult understanding everything Minji said, but hopefully with time Gabbys Korean would become better.

 

After 50 minutes they were in Seoul! Looking outside the window excitedly Gabby took in everything. There was the Han river! It was so big and pretty. The bus got off at Nambu, and from there they took the subway to Gangnam.

Walking through the streets of Seoul, taking the subway, seeing the skyscrapers... everything was so surreal.

I did it! I'm in Korea!! Even though Gabby was really tired from the 14 hour flight, almost bordering zombie like, she had done it. She would be a dancer in Kpop!