five; tgp

The Great Pretender
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 5 UNCONCERNED

"Remember: I don't care."

 

[CONTENTID4]

Soojung wasn’t shocked–she expected this kind of reply. She knew that from the start, he’s the Ice King according to his looks. But there’s no harm on trying, right? “Soojung ah!” She turned around and smiled widely. “Soo-jin… ah?” Soojung replied skeptically.

Soo-jin, the girl with almond eyes, skipped towards her, handing her an invitation. “What is this for?”

She shrugged as an answer. “I was just told to give it to you and the other students written here,” She stated and rose the ‘doctor’s board’. “Is that a doctor’s board?” Soojung asked innocently.

Soo-jin chuckled at her innocence. “It’s a clipboard. I gotta go, I have some few of them left here. Bye!”

Soojung’s phone beeped when Soo-jin left. She checked it and noticed that it’s a group message from another student here.

‘Do you know that feeling when you woke up as an almond but you couldn’t scream because you’re an almond right at that moment? Just an almond? What would you feel? For me, I would feel like an almond. How would you react to this moment?

-Group Chat’

She shrugged and head to her locker. “What’s with this almond thingy. It spreads like a virus.” A blonde girl near her locker asked. Ah, so she received it after all. I wonder who the sender is.

“Maybe it’s about the allergy of Prince Myungsoo, Nana.” A brunette muttered while leaning to a locker.

“Aha! I knew it already!” A light brown haired said with her eyes glued to her phone. “Prince Myungsoo has an allergy for almonds! Why don’t we give him some and let’s act as a concerned student so he might notice us. What do you think, girls?”

“If I people might hear you, they might assume that you’re a fame , Minah.”

“I don’t need your opinion, Lizzy. I just want to be that Princess who’ll marry him and have babies and-”

Nana slammed her locker door shut and looked at her annoyingly. “Jiyeon’s the right one-”

“No! Suzy is!” The light brown haired retorted. “It should be-”

“Shut it, guys. Why are we thirsty for Prince Myungsoo’s attention if there’s Prince Jongin and Prince Taemin, right?” Lizzy suggested.

“Maths, History, English Literature. What is my next class after Home Economics?” She muttered while fixing her books. “Mwo, I forgot my schedule.”

“Wait, isn’t that the new nerd transferee that was noticed by Prince Taemin?” Minah muttered. “Yeah right. Why don’t we approach her and ask how did she caught Prince Taemin’s attention?”

The moment when she closed her door locker, she was surrounded by the four girls whom she assumes, Minah, Lizzy, Nana, and the other one. “Hey there, how did you caught PT’s attention?” Lizzy asked.

“Why don’t we just introduce ourselves?” Nana suggested. “I’m Minah, this is Lizzy, that is Nana, and that girl is Hyeri.”

She doesn’t even know what to say so she just answered them in an awkward nod. “So I know you’re new here and you don’t know about the Princes and stuffs,” Hyeri declared and gave her a thick handbook. “This book contains the things about Vaniel High.” She looked around to check if there’s a person.

“Don’t ever dare to spill things about this book or…” She ran her hand towards her neck, making a cut neck. “Understood? This book is full of secrets-”

“Stop being a spoiler, Hyeri!” Minah scolded. “It’s for her to find out. Let’s go, we’ll going to be late for class.” Minah lead the way and started to stride away from the three.

When Minah noticed that the three aren’t following her, she said, “What? Let’s go.” The trio immediately head to her, maintaining posture and elegance.

“They are so beautiful.”

 

**

 

“Have you heard?” Soo-jin inquired and shoved a tablespoon of yogurt inside . “Err… I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She snickered, eyes plastered at the book under her bag. “I assume that that’s a book of Vaniel High’s mysteries?”

Soojung’s eyes grew big. “Mwo?! Mysteries?! Vaniel High is full of mysteries?!” She exclaimed happily. “How could you say it’s full?” Soo-jin asks.

“I relied it on how thick the book is. Don’t worry, it’s only my conclusion.” Soo-jin nodded.

“Actually, this Vaniel High is a hundred year old add the mysterious owner.” Soojung’s eyebrows knitted. “That is so impossible. Just how could they cope up from that? For me, it feels hard.” Soo-jin nodded at her opinion. “I feel the same. What if the owner of the school is a student studying here?”

Soojung nodded. “That thing never crossed my mind. What if you’re the owner?” Soo-jin replied her with a chuckle. “How could that be? I’ve known this school since I’m on middle school. How about you?”

Soojung stared at her with a blank expression. Say what? What did she just said?

“Pardon me- oh…” She muttered. “I’m… I’m just-”

“Oh. My. Gosh. They’re here!” A girl shrieked.

“They’re back! The Hot Couple is back!”

“Really? When did they arrived?”

“I heard they just arrived recently.”

Soo-jin looked at the back–as she was facing Soojung–and rolled her eyes. “That explains it all…” She gave Soo-jin a questioning look. “What explains what?”

“The Hot Couple arrived–Hyuna and Hyunseung.” Oh yeah, I know them, Soojung thought sarcastically. “What makes them hot?” Soo-jin gasped at her and fanned herself. “I’m glad I feel the same way!” She shrieked lowly.

“Oh-kay? I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“It’s for you to find out at that book.”

 

**

 

“Kim Myungsoo. Kim Jongin. Detention.” The two Kims chanted a ‘success’ word when they’re at the doorframe. “Nice job, Kim. We pissed off Mrs. Gae.” Jongin exclaimed, wide grin crept across his face while walking side by side with Myungsoo.

“Don’t act cool about it, Jongin. Mrs. Hwa is a tough and terrible teacher. She loves to kill us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter