four; tgp

The Great Pretender
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4 DUO

 

“Kim Jongin!”

Jongin was immediately startled when he heard his Eomma’s voice. He stirred to his left and turned off the alarm that’s currently ringing along with his Eomma.

He checked his phone, hoping to find any texts saying that there’s no school or school was postponed.

But sadly, his wish didn’t came true, but instead, his fellow classmate texted him to be early to class because their Home Economics teacher. His classmate also listed the things he needs to bring in case he forgot.

‘Thanks for reminding me, Taemin.’ He replied.

Jongin sat up and ruffled his hair. “I need… to…” He was about to stand up and get ready to class but his bed forced him to cuddle with it. So without any hesitations, he snuggled under the sheets and cuddled with his bed. “I’ll sleep for five minutes more.”

He was woken up by a soft thing that was hitting him hard. “Kim Jongin! Kim Kai! Hey! Wake up, you little kid!”

“Yah! Yah! How can I move if- Hey! I will, I will- Ouch!”

“Kim Jongin! Get your off your bed!” Her mother scolded, stopping herself to hit Jongin again.

Jongin gave an inward groan. With his eye lids half-open, he said, “I can’t go to school, Eomma. The blankets have accepted me as one of their own. If I leave now, I might lose their trust.” Jongin lazily stated. 

She seems convinced.

Jongin covered his body with the warm comforter. “At last, I’ll have my good night sle-”

“Where the hell did you got that?!” Jongin rolled his eyes. He put down his comforter up until his waist and said, “Speak Comedy on twitter.”

“Why are you even here at this time? I thought you’re at work? It’s better if maids would wake me up, in that way, I wouldn’t be hit hard just to wake up.”  He said in a flat tone.

“Whatever, Jongin. I want you to be home early, I will introduce you a girl-”

“Not again, Eomma. No more arrange marriage and-”

“-I know you haven’t moved on because of that incident,” Mrs. Kim cleared . “I want you to have a group study along with Mrs. Kim’s and Mrs. Lee’s daughter–that makes Kim Myungsoo and Lee Taemin here.”

Jongin was in shock. Hanging out with Myungsoo and Taemin in just a second pisses him off–what more if they’d spend a whole day, or night, with each other?! Keep your hopes up, Jongin. Let’s just think positive.

“You’ll spend a day studying with Myungsoo, Taemin, and the girl I sent. But don’t worry, it would be great!” His mother cooed. “You studying with your childhood friends and a girl.” She added.

“Dear Eomma. If you were in a comic book, I would draw you with heart-shaped eyes.” Jongin commented. “Shut it, Kim Jongin. If I were you, I would get ready for school because you’re running late for class!”

 

**

 

Three consecutive knocks woke Myungsoo up. “Yeah?” He asked in a husky voice.

“Young Master, your mother wants you down at an instant. I was told to wake you up so you could get ready for class.” The maid stated behind the door.

“Yeah, I’ll follow.” He answered. He did what he was told to and after that, he went downstairs–only to be greeted by the cold aura of his parents. He didn’t give a damn about them. His parents treated him like he’s a puppet. They always control him in any time they want.

“What do you want again this time?” He coldly asks, helping himself to sit down. His father looked at him from the laptop and sipped a coffee. “A girl will come here few days away. Group study.” Mr. Kim replied while typing.

“Is that all?” Myungsoo asked flatly. “Business trip for two weeks.” His mother said.

Myungsoo stood up, not knowing what to say. “You won’t eat breakfast, young master?” The maid politely asks, trying not to hit any ‘privacy’ or ‘his likings’. He only answered it with a shook on his head.

He grabbed his car keys from a maid not far away from the table and sped off the house, driving his black Lamborghini Aventador. Along his way to the school, his phone vibrated. He picked it up and noticed that it was Kai. He answered it, not taking his eyes off the road.

“What?”

“Have you heard about the group study?”

He snorted. “What’s about the group study?”

“My mom said that we’ll have a group study–that includes you, me, Taemin, and a girl.”

“Parents said that there’s a girl. I don’t know which girl.”

“Me neither. I bet she’s a nerd or a chic. Just two options.”

“I would wish for Klee.”

“Klee? Who’s Klee?”

Myungsoo’s eyes widened. Did I said Klee? “Klee? Who’s Klee?” He returned back the question.

“Bastard! I’m the one asking who’s Klee, yet you fired back my question.”

He ended the call without saying goodbye.

 

**

 

“Aish. That guy really.” Jongin murmured. “Why does he always need to end the call without saying ‘bye’, ‘I’m off’ or things like that? Is that too much to ask?!”

Little did he know that they arrived at the same minute at Vaniel High. Jongin called him again, saying, “So it’s me. I’m the one who arrived first. It’s first come, first serve, dude.” Jongin confidently said with a smirk visible on his face.

“It doesn’t matter. I don’t care, okay? Just go inside so we can finish this call.”

“Darn it! He ended the call again!” He puffed his cheeks out of annoyance. Jongin got back to his senses when his phone vibrated again.

Myungsoo texted me, how cute, he sarcastically though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter