The Bad Girls

My 12 Wolves' Protection

I look around, and I see everyone looking at us. Ahhh this is so embarrassing… I look around, and made eye contact with Gyeongie Oppa. He comes over, “Are you okay? Are you hurting a lot?”. His expression looks very worried. I replied, “No Oppa, I’m okay. Really...” I get up, but Suho and Sehun are still supporting me.

 

I look past Gyeongie Oppa, and I see Kai yelling at those girls. I pull my arms out of Sehun’s and Suho’s grip, and I ran over to where the fighting students were and I stood between them. “Please stop Kai. I’m fine. I’m a nobody… You shouldn’t be hanging out with me anyway…”, I face towards the ground while hiding my pain in my ankle.

 

“What are you talking about?”, EXO says in unison. I look up and see everyone smiling and laughing at what I said. I had a confused face. “Haha Yeongi, what are you talking about. You are an amazing person that we all think is special”, I turn and see that Lay says that amazing sentence to me.

 

The guys go back between me and the girls, and they tell them to leave. The girls gave a great puff of air, and stared right at me. I turn around and collapse on the ground. Kai runs right to me, and helps me up. “Yeongi are you okay?!”, I grasp my ankle where the pain came from.

 

I tried to get up, but I couldn’t. I felt Kai’s slim fingers pick me off the ground and put my arm around his shoulder for extra support. I turn around and see Chanyeol, Kris, Suho, and Sehun talking to the girls. They turn around and their expressions changed.

 

They begin to catch up with the rest of us as they all take me to the nurse’s office. Gyeongie Oppa looks really worried… Why did this have to happen to me..? We reach the nurse’s office.

 

The nurse checks my ankle, carefully picking it up. I let out a quiet “ouch”. My ankle is swollen and has turned all purple. I turn my head and see all of EXO and Gyeongie Oppa outside the door. They all have worried looks on their faces as they see the nurse putting a bandage around my ankle.

 

“Done sweetie”, the nurse says with a smile. “Here’s a note for class saying that you can’t do many active things, so your injury can heal faster”, she hands me the paper. I smile back and limp out of the room. “How’s your injury?”, Gyeongie Oppa says. “It’s fine. I just can’t do many active things”, I reply back with a fake smile. “Oh okay, that’s good. I have to go meet with some of my friends, so stay with EXO. They will keep you safe. Right?”, They all reply with a big nod, and so he leaves.

 

We all go outside to see Tao, Kris, Luhan, Sehun, and Chanyeol play basketball. The rest of us sit on the benches. “Kai aren’t you gonna play with us”, Luhan asks. “Nah, I’ll just stay here with Yeongie”, he looks back at me with a smile. After a game the bell rings.

 

Kai and Tao help me walk to class, while Sehun helps and holds my bag. We get to class and we see of the girls that we got into an argument with at lunch. That girl Kai was yelling at was staring right at me. What do I do? Why is she staring at me? I look away from her and right at my seat. They both let go of me as I got down onto my chair. Class started.

 

The girls turn around and look at me. I ignore them, and take my notes for the class. The bell rings and Tao, Sehun, and Kai walk towards me. “You ready to walk home?”, Sehun says as he scrolls on his phone. “I take the bus with my Oppa”, I reply as I put my stuff back into my backpack. “Oh really?”, Kai says. “Then let’s just walk you to the bus stop to meet with your Oppa, then we will walk home”. I agreed.

 

We get to the bus stop and I see Gyeongie Oppa. We both get onto the bus and find a seat, and I look out the window, and see Kai looking at me through the window. The bus leaves the station, and the bus ride is quiet. Oppa is saying a word to me about anything. We get home.

 

We walk into the house, and I see my mom in the kitchen. “Omo, what happened to your ankle? It was only your first day!”. Her focus switched from my face to Oppa’s face. “Nothing”, I replied back quietly. Oppa didn’t say anything to her. He helps me up the stairs, so I could get to my room.

 

“Thanks Oppa...”, I reply without looking at him. “No problem Yeongie, just try not to get hurt again...”. We stood in front of the doors to our rooms without moving to go inside them. We just stood there… I finally started to walk inside my room, and so did he.

 

The next morning, I woke up and my ankle felt way better. I could walk on my own much better now. I did my usual routine; go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, wash my face, change, get my stuff together, and go downstairs to go eat breakfast. There was no one.

 

I got myself a bowl of cereal. I finish my bowl of cereal, and I see my mom rushing through the kitchen. “Sorry I’m a little late for work, so I couldn’t make you guys breakfast”. She says while hurriedly putting things into her purse. “It’s okay. I’m just eating cereal anyway”, I reply with a small smile.

 

Oppa comes down the stairs while fixing his tie. “Sorry Gyeongie. I have to go to work right now, so I couldn’t make you any breakfast. Eat what your sister is eating”. She runs out the door and runs to her car.

 

Oppa walks into the kitchen with his happy self. “Watcha eating?”, “Cereal”, I reply. He gets a bowl and pours himself a bowl of cereal. We both eat breakfast, and after we walk to the door. “ Are you sure you're okay walking home with your injury?”, “Yes I feel way better now. It doesn’t hurt that much anymore”, I show him a big true smile.

 

We walk to the bus station and we got onto the bus. We got to the school and it’s early enough that EXO wasn’t there. “Oppa, you have to get to class, so just go now. I’ll be okay on my own”, “Are you sure?”, I reply with a nod. He smiles and walks away from me.

 

I walk towards class and the group of girls from yesterday showed up in front of me, and drag me to the side of the school. “Where do you think you are going?”, one of the girls says, “I’m going to class”, I reply quietly. The girl starts laughing. “Yah! What are you doing hanging out with our Oppas?”, she pushes me back.

 

“What are you talking about?”, I say back to her with a louder tone. “THESE OPPAS ARE OURS! DON’T YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE?” she says with a very annoying voice, “No, I don’t think your Oppa’s knew about you before you tripped me”, I reply in a quiet voice. They all laugh.

 

“My name is Kim Eun Soo! Kai Oppa is mine”, She said with much passion.

 

“My name is Park Min Soo. Lay Oppa is mine”,

 

“My name is Kim Seo Yeon. Kyungsoo Oppa is mine”,

 

“My name is Park Ji Min. Chanyeol Oppa is mine”,

 

“My name is Park Ha Eun. Sehun Oppa is mine”, the other girls reply with as much passion as Eun Soo.

 

“Now that you know all our names, STAY AWAY FROM OUR OPPAS!”, says Ha Eun. “Why should I? I’m just their friends”, I reply. They all laugh again. “DON’T HANGOUT WITH THEM!”, she pushes me to the ground. The pain that I thought was gone came back out and I grasp my hand around the injury.

 

“Look girls. She’s injured from yesterday”, she says while the rest of them laugh. She nods her head, Min Soo and Seo Yeon come over and grab my arms very tightly. Ji Min took my backpack and started digging through it. Then Ha Eun grabbed my leg and pulled it straight.

 

Pain shot through my leg again. Ahhh what are they gonna do to me. Please don’t do it… Okay Yeongie be strong. Don’t cry and don’t scream. Then no one will see this embarrassing moment in your life. Just take the pain. I took a deep breath. Eun Soo picked up her foot and slammed it against my ankle.

 

Excruciating pain shot through my leg. I wanted to cry, but I told myself I couldn’t. They took off my bandage and started to stomp on my ankle again. I want to scream. DON’T SCREAM YEONGIE. I look at my ankle and it looks more purple than yesterday. I clench my fists, and I start to cry silently. NO YEONGIE DON’T CRY. THEY WILL SEE HOW WEAK YOU ARE!

 

I start to pour out tears, and the girls are all laughing. “Aww, she’s crying. Let’s see if can scream. She lifts her foot very high and she slams her foot on my ankle, and I hear a crack. I start crying louder. I clench my fist harder and harder.


Why does this have to happen to me… What did I do to deserve this..? I wonder what I could do in the future to stop this suffering and stress… I loosen my fist and my hands are bleeding from my hands clenching so hard. I hear something from behind,“STOP WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! GET AWAY FROM HER!”.

korea-feminist-2.png