Might Just Die

My 12 Wolves' Protection

I open my eyes and find myself staring at a white ceiling. I turn my head to the right and see Kai. Thinking this is dream I continue to say “annyeong” with a light smile. My vision is blurry, so I can’t really see his face, but I can tell it’s Kai. Minutes later my vision becomes clearer. I see Kai’s face, but he’s crying. Tears running down his face.

 

I try to get up, but a jolt of pain goes through my whole entire body. Kai gets up and helps me up. I sit up straight against my pillow, and I look around. We are in a hospital. I look back at Kai, and his tears continue to fall down. I smile and wipe his tears away from his eyes. He shows a small smile.

 

“Are you okay?”, Kai says changing the expression in half a second.

 

“Yes, I am fine. Thank you for being here.”, I show a bigger smile than before.

 

“Everyone else is outside since only one person can be in here.”, I smile. Kai stands up and gives me a soft, but tight hug. I can feel all his pain and worries in the hug, so I hug back even harder, trying to deal with the pain.

 

Kai came every single day to take care of me. On certain days the nurse lets more people come in at once, so EXO and Gyeongie Oppa come in and make me laugh and smile every time. I felt good to smile and laugh with all the people I love. My mother even came once in while. She’s so busy with work that she can’t come that often.

 

The first time she came she ran into my room with tears running down her face. Gyeongie Oppa came in with trying to calm her down, since she was really loud from all her crying, but it doesn’t even feel like a day would pass by when they said it does. I don’t remember falling to sleep, but I sometimes remember the lighting from my window change.

 

Sometimes I have horrible dreams of me lying there on the floor in that alleyway. I can remember the pain from those horrible things that have happened. I don’t know why everything that has happened in this hospital has gone by so fast. It feels so real, but it doesn’t. I’m probably really happy that they are always here. Yeah… I’m pretty sure that’s the reason…

 

It has been about a week and my nurse says that I can start walking around the hospital now. My surgery wounds are getting healed, so I can walk around and hang out with everyone outside my room. Everyone was so excited to see me walk around again. All their energy was very contagious that I had a big smile on my face, and my cheeks started to hurt.

 

It hurts, but I look to my right and I see Kai smiling at me, so I continue to walk. It became less painful everyday. Kai called me saying he could come today, so I was gonna be alone that day. Haha it’s okay since I need to catch up with my homework for school. I sat on my hospital bed with all my textbooks, papers, and my laptop. I was kinda sad since everyone couldn’t come today, and I was pretty bored just sitting there doing my homework. Whatever I’ll just listen to History - Might Just Die. Someone pulls out my earphones, and I look up. It was him… Kwan Jae Jeong… Did he know that no one was going to come today? He put a big smile on his face. I started to shake.

 

I tried to push the help button, so I can ask the nurse to take him out, but he grabs my hand instantly. I try and take his hand off my other hand, but he grabs it too. I start to panic, and I try to scream, but he let’s go off my left hand and covers my mouth. My voice is muffled, and I don’t know what to do.

 

“I finally found you… I was looking for you for a while now”, his smile gets bigger. He takes his hand off my mouth, and I try to take, but nothing is coming out. He pulled the IV out of my arms, which actually hurts not like when it happens in the dramas. He pulls me out of my bed, and grabs what looks like my clothes and pushes me into the bathroom.

 

“Change or I won’t leave you alone”, he gives me an evil smile and closed the door. I had no choice but to change. I changed into what was jeans, a white shirt, a red flannel, and black hat. I open the bathroom door to see he was there leaning on the wall waiting for me. I walk out and he threw something to my face. It was a black mask…

 

I put on the mask and he grabs my hand. We walk outside the door and walk to the elevator. The elevator door opened and I look up and I see… Kai… with a big bouquet of flowers. He had a big smile on his face as he walked passed me. I get pulled into the elevator, and I see Kai walking towards my empty hospital room. I look to my left and all I see is Jae Jeong.

 

I look back up towards Kai and I feel a tear falling down my face… Then the elevator door closed. The elevator goes down to the lobby and we walk faster towards the exit. We walk outside and it’s pouring raining. He opens an umbrella and we walk towards the crosswalk and walk across. While walking across I look back and I see kai running outside the hospital, but I don’t say anything.

 

Kai turns to me and we make eye contact. I feel like time just stopped… I wish that moment would just freeze, and I can just stare at Kai forever. Time continued, and I looked away from Kai and continued to walk across the street. I can hear Kai saying my name and it getting closer and closer.

 

I look Jae Jeong in the eyes and he looks like he’s planning something. We turned around and we face Kai who is drenched from the rain. Time really felt like it stopped, but I have a feeling that someone might just die… Why..? I have some feeling that something bad is going to happen.

 

Jae Jeong lets go of my hand and Kai runs towards me. Jae Jeong grabs Kai’s collar and pushes him into the street. I froze in my spot for a second and I hear a car coming. My body just moves and pulls Kai out of the street, so he can’t be hit by an oncoming car, but then I feel my foot slip.

 

My foot slipped from the slippery street and I fall to the floor. I look straight up seeing kai turning around with a horrified face. Then I look to my right and see a car coming straight at me. I close my eyes thinking it might not hurt that bad. I hear the sound of the car getting closer and closer. Then I don’t hear anything…


I open my eyes. What happened? I’m against the wall of the… alleyway… Everything that happened in the hospital was just… a… dream.. I’m not gonna be saved… Kai never came to help me, but I still got stabbed… I knew something bad was gonna happen… I knew I might just die...

001735w5