Meeting the Pack

My 12 Wolves' Protection

It’s a Monday, and it’s the first day at my new school. I hope the people here are nicer to me than the ones at my old school… I put on my school uniform, and I walk to the mirror. Ahhh at least I don’t look that bad. I grab my backpack, and walk out my room down the stairs.

 

My mom is cooking food for me, and my older brother before we get on the bus to go to school. I help my brother put the boxes, that were still in the kitchen since we just moved in two days ago, away in the living room. “Oppa! Let me fix your tie for you”. “gumawo”, he smiled at me and put the last box away (Yeong Gyeong Oppa is my older brother, but I call him Gyeongie Oppa).

 

We both sat down on the dining table and waited for our mom to put our breakfast on the table. We were both waiting anxiously for our food. She put our food down and it was an egg sandwich. It looked delicious and so I grabbed it and took a big bite out of it.

 

After eating the whole sandwich, I got up out of my seat and grabbed my bag. “Bye Umma, thank you for the great breakfast”. I hugged my mom, and walked outside to wait for my brother so we can walk to the bus stop together. He opened the door with his uniform on and his backpack. We walked to the bus stop which was about five minutes away from our house.

 

My brother puts his arm around me and I felt secure and wasn’t as nervous as I was before. We reached the bus stop and there were about five other students there with us, three of them were girls and the rest were guys. A girl turned and looked at my brother and turned back. She said something to her friends, and they all looked back at me and my brother with a smile on their faces.

 

Why are they smiling at me and Gyeongie Oppa? Is something wrong with us? They bus came to a stop, and we all hopped onto the bus. Gyeongie Oppa sat right next to me and the walkway, while I sat between him and the window of the bus. The bus started to drive to school and the nervousness started to come back. I grabbed Yeong Gyeong Oppa’s hand and leaned on his shoulder. He put his hand on my head until the bus got to the school.

 

The school looked nice and clean. We got off the bus and walked to the entrance of the school and looked around. I stop and stare at a boy with brown hair, a slim body, and a dark skin tone. He’s with 11 other boys, and some of them were playing basketball while the rest, including he were talking to one another. They boy turned his head and looked straight at me, and I turned my head back so I look back at the entrance of the school.

 

Gyeongie Oppa looked at me “Is everything okay sis?”, I looked at him and nodded. We walked through the gates and walked to a bulletin board that had our classes on it. Ahhh I wish Oppa wasn’t a year older than me, so we could be in the same class together. I sighed. Oppa looked at me with a worried face. “Are you okay?”. “Everything’s okay,” I put on a fake smile. He looks at me with eyes which are like bullets. “Aish, okay, I just wish we were in the same class together”.

 

He chuckled. “What?” I replied with a pout. “You’re such a little cutie,” he says with a smile. I turn around a stomped away, and I hear Gyeongie Oppa following me as he continues laughing. I turned around and pouted at him. I then continued walking with my head towards the ground. Then, I ran into something. “Ooof”, I fell back a little bit and landed on Yeong Gyeong Oppa. “I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry,” I looked up and it’s him. We made eye contact.

 

It’s that boy from outside the gate with those 11 other boys. He was way more beautiful close up and I guess I was staring too long. I finally lose eye contact with him, and Oppa comes up next to me and talks to him. “Omo, I’m sorry about my sister, she was mad at me, and she decided to stomp away from me”. He started to laugh again.

 

“It’s fine,” the boy replied and then stared at me again. I looked down to the ground again. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kim Jong In, but you can call me Kai. Nice to meet you”. My brother replied “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m  Kim Yeong Gyeong”, he nods at me to introduce myself. I walk up next to Oppa and look at Jong In. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kim Yeong Hye”, in a shy tone. I look up and he’s smiling at me.

 

“So what year are you?”, he asked me. “Ummmm, I’m a first year,” I replied. “Omo so am I, sorry, but I’m going to see if we have the same class, so I can go to class with you,” he looks at Yeong Gyeong Oppa “If you don’t mind if I do,” Yeong Gyeong Oppa smiles at him, “Of course I don’t mind”. Kai smiles and runs to the bulletin board. “Yeong Gyeong Oppa! What are you doing?”, he looks confused. “Why did you say of course?”, he starts laughing “Because you need to make some friends, and I don’t want to look after you too much at school”.

 

I turn around and see Kai running back with a big smile on his face. Breathing hard, he says,“We … Have … The … Same … Class…”, “Good”, Yeong Gyeong Oppa replied with a smile, “Then I’ll leave her to you”.

 

I frowned at Gyeongie Oppa as he turned and walked away. I sighed and turned around, and walked the other way. I looked to my side and saw Kai walking beside me. He’s pretty tall and I’m short. I turn my head back around and we arrive at one of the entrances of the three story high school building.

 

We step inside the building and Kai turns to me and says, “Sooo … You’re new here … And, you’re a foreign exchange student?”, I look back at him and I nod. “Wow, I have never met a person from another continent!..” I look forward, and I see the crowded hallway full of Korean students.

 

We reach our homeroom class and we walk inside. There are only a couple of people in class, and they look at us as we walk inside. I walk to a desk and sat down. Kai took the desk next to me and laid his head on his desk. I look at him and said, “So how is Korean schools?”, he turns his head, so he is looking at me. “Ummmm … It’s okay here, but be careful of those popular guys and girls”. I had a confused face on.

 

The teacher walks in, and class starts and it starts with math. It was pretty boring, but I listened through the whole lesson and managed to stay awake. When the lesson was over, the teacher left and it was passing period.

 

Kai gets his phone out and texts someone. “Who are you texting?”. He looks up and me, and smiles “Just a couple of my friends”. Is he talking about those 11 guys outside? I sit straight in my seat, and a loud noise coming from the hallway. Eleven guys walk in and walk towards Kai.

 

Kai looks at me and introduces me to them. “Guys, this is my new friend, Kim Yeong Hye” I wave at them. “You can just call me Yeongie”, I stand up and bow at them. “Okay Yeongie, this is D.O, Suho, Chen, Kris, Luhan, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Tao, Xiumin, Sehun, and Lay. We are also called EXO at this school”. They all smile, then bow to me.

 

They all leave because the next class starts, and the next class. Then, it was lunch. I got up and Kai stood up too. “Do you want to eat lunch with me and the guys?”. I look at my bag, then back at Kai. “Sure”, I smiled. We walk together to the cafeteria, and we see the other guys waiting for us at the front door.

 

We walk inside, and we get in line. These girls started staring at me, I turned around to see if they were looking at anyone else, but Suho, Chen, Lay, and Chanyeol were only behind me. I get my food and I walk towards the table that Kai, D.O, Sehun, and Luhan are sitting at, and out of nowhere I feel something at the bottom of my leg.

 

I start to fall forward and I hit the ground. Pain shot through my leg. The girls that have tripped me started laughing at me. EXO saw me hit the ground and half of them came to help me up, and the other half went towards the girls that tripped me.

 

“WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?”, Chanyeol yells at the girls. “She shouldn’t hang out with you Oppas because you should hang out with us”. Kai looks at me with a concerned look, “Are you alright?” I replied with a nod, and I stood up with the help of him and Sehun. One of the girls yells ”YAH! JONG IN! YOU ARE MY GUY. FOR ME TO LOVE, NOT THAT WEIRDO!”, I look towards the ground.


Kai let’s go of my arm and Suho comes, and he comes and supports me instead. Kai looks really angry. Why is he so angry? He shouldn’t be so angry for a weirdo like me. Neither should EXO. “YAH! LISTEN HERE GIRL! SHE IS MY FRIEND. EXO AND I ARE GOING TO PROTECT HER FROM YOU AND YOUR LITTLE PEP SQUAD!”, I had a surprised look on my face. Kai turns around and looks at me. He smiled, then looks angrily at the girls.