Brilliant Pie

The Tom Next Door

“Help me court her”

“Help me court her”

“Help me court her”

“Help me court her”

 

“Hey Kim! Are you okay?”, I was awakened by Van’s tap on my shoulder.

“Yeah dude, the alcohol just started kicking in”, damn. I think I spaced out

“Oh, then you should rest now man, thanks for the ride.”, he smiled and head out of my car. I was about to start my car

“Dude, about Pie. Thanks for agreeing, you’re the best man.”, he smiled widely and I just smiled back. I never see him this happy. We’ve been friends since we were kids. He’s like a brother to me, I’ll help him.

As I reach home, I feel a little tipsy.

I think I need a cup of coffee. I went straight to the kitchen. As I fill the kettle with water, I noticed some papers falling from the window.

Did I drink too much? I just shrug and sit on the dining table.

 

Trrruttt. Truuutt.

 

I took my phone out from my pocket.

 

BABE Calling………

 

“Hello?”

“Babe, what’s up?”

“Hey Kim Jitaleela, are you drunk?”

“How do you say so?”

“Oh Babe, I know your voice when your drunk”, This girl knows me well

” That’s impressive, I must say. I’m not drunk baby, I am just a bit tipsy.”

“Why did you drink?”

“Van invited me actually, he got girl problems”

“Is that’s so? How are you feeling? Did you eat already?”

“Yeah, how about you?”

“I already did Babe. You should rest now. I am on my shift right now at the hospital. I’m just checking on you. Good night Babe. I love you”

“I love you too, Yam”

 

MEANWHILE

 

Kim,

   Congratulations for winning. You did well. I hope I can watch your next game.

                           -Pie

 

Okay, this is the 30th copy of my freaking letter for Kim and I still can’t successfully make it way through her window.

“I’ll try again”, I whispered to myself.

I stood up and inhale deeply.

“This is it”, I throw the paper with all of my strength AND…

.

.

.

“It fell on the ground again. ARRGGHH

 

Whoaaah. WAIT!

”I know what to do!”, I shouted to myself.

I quickly open my drawer and picked the heavy magnet bar inside. It’s for the refrigerator actually but it was put with my stuffs when we moved out of our old house. And yes I am lazy enough not to bring it in the kitchen and put it right where it should be.

 

But at least, it’s useful now, this is what I need to successfully make the paper all the way inside Kim’s room.

Stop talking to yourself Pie! Just do it now while Kim is not yet inside her room.

THIS IT.

I crumple the paper covering the rock. With the heavy weight of the magnet, I am sure the paper can now get inside the room. I am sooooo smart!

 

So again I gather all strength to get the momentum my arm needs and throw the paper. But then suddenly I saw a figure walking to the window but it’s too late because I already threw the paper and.

 

”OUCH!”

BLAAAGG.

 

! I think someone was hit with the paper, well COVERING A HEAVY MAGNET.

 

I quickly hid myself under the window.

I think that’s Kim.

What should I do???

I grab a paper and my pen and another magnet.

 

 

 

KIM’s POV

 

I decided to just drink my coffee in my room so that I can sleep already. I slowly walk into my room. As I open the door I can hear someone struggling, and it’s coming from my window. I put down my coffee in my study table and walk to the window.

My curiosity grew bigger as I

 BLAG!

“OUCH!”, I shouted as my back meets the cold floor. A flying object crashed on my face.

I crawled to reach the object that was thrown to me. Wait. It’s is crumpled paper. I gather all my strength to stand up despite the dizziness that I am feeling.

As I got up, I unwrap the paper. It has a magnet inside, no wonder it’s heavy.

“What was this for?”, I mumbled and then I noticed that the paper has a letter.

 

Kim,

   Congratulations for winning. You did well. I hope I can watch your next game.

                           -Pie

 

“Pie?”, I said and look at my window but..

 

BLAAAGG!

“OUUUUUUUCHH!”, another freaking paper landed on my face, on my left eye specifically.

 

I unwrap it again.

 

 

Kim,

  I am sorry. I didn’t mean to throw that to your face. Sorry.

                            -Pie

 

 

DAAAAAMMNNN!!

I need to get to bed really fast now before she throw another god damn paper again. WAIT. What if she throw one again when I get up? Two strikes is enough, better safe than sorry.

"I think I’ll be sleeping on the floor for tonight."

 

 

PIE's POV

 

Damn. I've hit her twice. Good Job Pie. You're way soooo smart.

I think I should start choosing the best alibi to tell my parents and fern so that I can stay forever in my room and isolate myself from the world and the embarrassment it brings to me.