P'Kim

The Tom Next Door

Meanwhile

 

What a naïve girl. Throwing a paper to a stranger then hiding like an idiot in front of a mirror which is visible to my room? How foolish.                               

Truuttt.. trruutt.

I pick up my phone. Oh ,it’s just Golf, my classmate.

 

“ Hey bro what’s up?” I ask him lazily

 

“Hey dude, are you done with the roof plan of our project? I need to see some of the details for our defense”

 

“Yes bro, I’ll just send the blueprint to you tomorrow.”, I gaze back at the window of my new “smart neighbor” but she’s not there anymore.

 

“thanks Kim, I’ll see you later.” I hang up. And sit on my study desk to check the blueprint. I am a Civil Engineering Student by the way.

 

When I am already sure about the plan. I went down to get some coffee.

 

“Hi Oppa”, my younger sister greeted me.

 

“Fern. Stop calling me oppa. We are not Koreans and I’m not a boy. People might misunderstood you”, I warn her

“But you’re my eldest brother and you look and act like a boy. And many girls like you.” She defended

“Are guys fighting over that oppa thing again?” our dad suddenly came from the living room.

 

“ Talk to Fern, dad. She’s being childish again.”, I walk to the kitchen and grab a cup.

 

“Son, stop drinking too much coffee. That’s not good for your health”

 

“ DAD”, I know I am a tom but calling me son might cause misunderstanding

with other people.

 

“what? You don’t look like a daughter to me you know?” My dad joked.

 

“Whatever dad”,  I just let it be.

 

“By the way, how’s your game this afternoon. I’ve heard from Van that you smashed their team again.”, Oh yeah. I played basketball this afternoon.

“You should’ve seen their faces dad. Especially when P’Kim escape from the blocking of P’Van and P’Mak and make her way to the ring. That was a blast!”, I smiled how my sister proudly narrate my victory this afternoon.

 

This little girl will always be my little princess forever even though she’s very silly sometimes, well often.

 

____________________________________________________________

 

I got really irritated with my new neighbor so I decided to roam around the village. It’s not bad after all. It has it’s own pool, cafeterias, golf course, mini gym. I will surely love everything about here, well except for the arrogant guy that is unfortunately my neighbor. I’m sure that he is ugly because his personality is ugly too.

 

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when I smelled a heavenly scent, and it’s coming from a cafeteria. I entered it and yeah, CHOCOLATE CAKES!!

<3 MY GREATEST LOVE . IF ONLY I COULD MARRY CHOCOLATES. I excitedly look at the delicious cakes inside the stall. I ordered a luscious chocolate mousse and a milktea. Yay. My mood is good again.

 

“ Uhmm . Hi Miss, are you alone?”, a tall guy is smilling infront of me. I smiled back and nod.

 

“ Well do you mind if I join you here in your table? I’m alone too”, he scratchthe back of his head. Hmmm. Well, I should start gaining friends here so I let him sit beside me.

 

“You’re new here right? I am Van by the way”, he extend his arms to me and I gladly took it.

 

“My name is Pie”, I smile and continue eating.

 

“ What a lovely name. It suits you”, he smiled widely.

We talk for an hour. I’ve learn that he has been here since he was 6 years  old. He is an Electrical Engineering student in Chiangmai University. He accompany me on my way home.

 

“Thanks for accompanying me”, I sincerely thank him

 

“ No problem, if you need anything just approach me okay?”, he held my hand and I just smile

 

“It’s late, I need to get inside now. My parents might be worried”, I withdraw my hand and Wave goodbye.

 

“ Okay . Bye”, he wave back and went away

 

______________________________________________________

 

 

“ Babe, I miss you”, I sigh.

 

“Babe, you know I miss you too right? But I can’t go there. My schedule is too tight”, I softly said to my girlfriend

 

“Am I not important to you anymore?”, Here we go again.

 

“Yam, you know that’s not true”

 

“oh really? Then why can’t you spare time for me?!”

 

“Because I’m busy. Are we going to fight again?’’

 

“ Kim, I’m busy too. Just tell me if you are not interested anymore” then she hang up the phone

 

We’re always like these. We’ve been together for three years. Everything is going perfectly smooth in our first year until we enter college. She is studying in Rangsit University.

 

TRuuuuutt.. trruuuuuuuuuttt..

 

Hah! I knew she would call again

 

“Hello Babe?”

 

“What babe you ?”

 

“VAN??!!”

 

“YEAH! This is Van?! I Never thought that you’re gay Kim”

 

“ YOU! I thought it was Yam! You !”

“OH. Are you having your petty fights again? By the way I met a new girl

and she’s really beautiful Man! She’s your new neighbor, can you help me

with her?”

 

“No you fool. Go find your own way to get her!” I hang up the phone.

 

So Van likes the Naïve Girl huh?