dude, help

The Tom Next Door

“So, Miss Jitaleela. I’m looking forward in our next meeting.” He stood up and offer his hand to me.

“Thank you Sir, I’ll consider your company’s proposal.”, we shook hands and left his office.

As I walk through the building lobby, I notice some women checking out on me. As just smirk and wink at them. Oh ladies, too bad I’m not in the mood to do something dirty.

But my smirk fade when someone suddenly bump me, intentionally.

“Jitaleela, what are you doing at my building?”, he smiled sarcastically.

“Edward, Your FATHER’s company, you mean?”, I smiled. This man is always trying to get into my nerves but always end up being defeated with my sarcasm.

“Whatever. What brought you here? Wanna beg for an OJT?”, he made his voice loud to made sure he’ll capture attention from the people around. Want to shame me huh? Wrong person, dude.

“Nope, actually his kindly asking me to work here. And I really wonder why”, I put my finger on my chin

“Oh, maybe because his getting old and his heir is not competent and smart enough to handle his firm so he’s finding someone who can sustain his company’s status.”, I explained innocently.

A BIG SLAP FOR YOU .

 He gritted his teeth and look at me furiously.

“ you. I will make sure we’ll get the project.”, he said but I just smile.

“We’ll see”, I tap his shoulder and walked away.

I told you, wrong person dude.

Ever since I defeat him from the bridge building contest way back in our freshmen days, he became madly obsess in pissing me off and winning over me. Well there’s also a deeper reason for his anger, she used to court Yam before I came in the picture. He assumed that Yam was about to developed feelings for him if I didn’t meet her. I don’t really feel threatened to him, I’m just annoyed on how he acts on me, I mean, come on, he’s like a grumpy child filled with angst just because someone stole his candy. But never mind.

Hmmm. I’m starving. I should grab something to eat first before going home because this will be a long drive. I enter my car and turn on the radio.

 

‘’I stay up too late, got nothing in my brain
That's what people say mmm, that's what people say mm
I go on too many dates, but I can't make 'em stay
At least that's what people say mmm, that's what people say mmm”

 

I knew this song, then I remember Pie, my silly neighbor. She’s pretty actually but so damn funny.

Maybe because she’s still young. I enjoyed driving because of the music. Well actually I’m not into this kind of genre but thanks to Pie, I’m laughing alone in my car as I remember her dance number the other day.

 

'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off

 

 

“That girl”, I smirk. I wonder what she’s doing right now.

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

Kim ,

Congratulations. You did good.

  •  

 

Isn’t that too plain and boring? I crumpled it and throw. Hmmm. What about

 

 

Kim ,

You’re so amazing and handsome

 

I quickly crumpled. Damn Pie! It’s like you’re flirting her. Should I really do this? AISSSHHH!!!

 

I’m really shy to talk to Kim, but I don’t wanna miss the chance of taking to her even just by congratulating her. Soo. I decided to just throw a paper to her window again, just like what I did in our first encounter. I hope she appreciate this.

 

Hi  there Kim. Congratulations. You’re good at basketball.

This is Pie by the way..

 

And I crumpled it again. DAMN! WHAT SHOULD I SAY TO HER?

After 30 minutes..

KIM’S POV

 

I am now inside our village. Should I buy a coffee before going home? When I reach the coffee shop, I saw Bora and her gang. Inside the shop. Bora is the girl who keeps on bugging me to date her, she even told me that she’s willing to be just a second chick but I declined. I love flings, yes, but I don’t want to get involved with dramatically dirty commitments like that. I decided to just have a coffee at home. Better to avoid temptation from now on for Yam. I’m such a good boyfriend.

I was about to step on the gas when suddenly...

“Hey Kim! Going home?”, oh it’s my moron best friend knocking on my car window.

“Yes Van. “, I answered. He seemed problematic.

“Wanna grab some beer?”, now he got a problem

“Sure”, Oh well. I’m not in a hurry anyway.

And with that he smiled widely and get inside the car.

“Let’s get wasted!” he shouted and I shake my head.

We drove all the way to a local bar near our place. It’s been a long time since we did this, just busy with school stuffs I guess.

As we enter the bar, the bouncer greeted us. We sit at the bar counter and ordered scotch.

“So, what’s with you?”, I ask him. He looked at me with a long face and drink on is glass.

“Well, I don’t really know if I should tell you this”, he looked down to his hands

“Tell me what? Cut the man, you’re making me nervous”, I said to him and drink mine.

“Well, it’s about...”, he scratches his head and drink again

“Dude, you have to tell me right now or I’ll hit your face”, I warned him while holding the glass

“Just promise me that you won’t laugh”, he looks at me straight in the eye. This talk seemed serious.

“Sure”, I said and sip on my drink

“I like you dude”, I suddenly spit the drink on his face

“WHAT THE DUDE? I’M JUST KIDDING”, he stood up and wiped his face with his shirt

“That serves you right you ! Never knew you were gay. But come on seriously, what is it?”, I hissed

“It’s about Pie”, when I heard her name I suddenly stop sipping my drink. For an unknown reason my heart suddenly started to beat fast.

“What about her?”, I tried to ask him as casual as possible. He sits in front of me again and look at me with a serious face.

“I like her”, he looks at his glass of scotch again

“so? What’s the problem with that?”, I ask.

“You see, when you left this afternoon, I tried to make a move.”

 

Flashback...

VAN’s POV

 

‘What a lucky day, first, we won the game and now, I have the chance to be with Pie. I’ll make sure that I won’t mess up.’, I said to myself as I look at Pie who’s walking beside Fern. She really is pretty but I noticed something, she seemed sad. Hmm. Maybe I should talk to her. Okay Van, Man up!

 

“Pie, are you alright?”, I run to her side

She just nods and smile. Oh man, that smile was so captivating.

“Okay, if that’s what you say”, I just shrug and smile back at her.

I tried to start conversations but she always cut it with short responses. She really looked gloomy when suddenly...

‘I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter’

 

As she heard the song, she suddenly stopped on her trances and smiled widely. It’s really weird, but hell she’s so cute.

“Never knew you were a fan of linkin park”, I smiled at her but she seemed spacing out again but this time, it seems like she discovered something big.

“Fern! I have to go to the mall!”, she excitedly shouted

“Hey, I can accompany you”, I volunteered. Please say yes Pie...

 

“Thank you Van but I don’t want to bother you, Fern and I ca handle it”, Ouch

“Pie, I’m hungry and I will be dead with Oppa Kim if I stay out late”, Oh thank you Fern

“We won’t take long, okay?’’, Pie said to Fern with puppy eyes
 

“Well, maybe I could give ladies a ride. I can accompany you so Kim won’t get mad”, I smiled widely

“err. Okay.”, Pie reluctantly said. Well at least she accepted my offer.

I quickly went back to my house and get my car. I made sure that I comb my hair first before stepping on my gas.

They waited for me in front of the coffee shop. I quickly step out of my car and open the car door for them.

“Hey Pie, you want to sit beside me?”, I ask her

“Nah, I’ll just sit beside Fern, thanks anyway”, she smiled and get inside the back seat together with Fern. Though, it really . I just smile and went to the driver’s seat.

 

“So, Pie why do you why do you want to go to the mall”, I tried to break the silence

“I just need to buy something”, she looked at me shortly and diverted to Fern

“Oh’’, that’s all I could say.

 

End of Flashback

 

And then?”, I ask him. He really looks devastated

“Nothing interesting, they just went to the bookstore and bought papers. And that’s it, we went home and they thank me for the ride and bid goodbye”, he shrugs and drink again

“So, what does this have to do with me”, I ask him as I ordered another glass of scotch

“I want her so bad man”, he looks at me straight in the eye again

“dude, I just want to remind you that she’s my sister's friend, plus she’s just about sixteen years old, okay? So if you are just planning to get her laid in your bed just forg…”

“Man, I think I like her, like for real”, he said.

I don’t know how to react. I just stare at him as I bottoms up my drink.

“Dude, help me court her”