ACT II: Scene I, II, III, and VI

Skinny Love

ACT II

            Scene I

 

            Robyn closes the front door and throws her purse on the sofa. Her older sister, Haru, is in the kitchen and she hears Robyn enter the apartment.

 

Haru: [From the kitchen]Are you home?

Robyn: [Slouches on the sofa, but doesn’t answer her sister.]

Haru: [Walks into the living room and sees her sister sitting quietly on the sofa] Robyn? Why

         didn’t you answer me when I called to you? [Notices Robyn’s seriousness] Robyn, did

         something happen? I mean you are back pretty early today.

Robyn: Do you think he will leave me like Derek did?

Haru: [Sits next to Robyn] Are you and GD a couple already?

Robyn: No we are not. It’s been a month and he hasn’t even mentioned anything like that to me.

Haru: [Places her hand on Robyn’s hand] Robyn, I think it’s too early for you to even think

          about being in a relationship; especially if it’s someone as famous as GD.

Robyn: [Shakes her sister’s hand away] How can you even say that? [Upset] I love him and I

             know he loves me, it’s just . . . it’s just that he has to think about it for a while.

Haru: [Solemn face] Robyn . . .

Robyn: [Stands and begins to pace] I mean, we get along real well, but every time that friend of

             his is in the room, GD completely forgets about me sometimes.

Haru: Which friend?

Robyn: Seunghyun, Choi Seunghyun.

Haru: But they’re lifelong friends, its natural Robyn.

Robyn: [Stops pacing] No it’s not, I can feel it’s not natural. [Places head between both hands] I

            don’t even think Jiyong realizes what he does, but when Seunghyun enters the room his

            smile changes. I don’t know.

Haru: Robyn, you’re looking too much into the situation.

Robyn: Unni, what if the story repeats again and he leaves me?

Haru: [Worried] No, the story will not repeat itself. Come here and sit.

 

Robyn sat next to her sister, Haru, and hugged her. Haru’s face is filled with worry, feeling that just maybe her little sister will repeat the same story.  To her it was just like yesterday when they both were living in California and Robyn fell in love with a handsome man who promised to give her the world. One day Robyn found the man she loved in bed with his lover and when she confronted him about it he told her he never loved her; that she was nothing but a toy to him. Crushed and heartbroken, Robyn didn’t sleep and she didn’t eat for days. She cried and cried, until one day she went looking for him and his lover. Robyn’s sister noticed that there was something odd about her, so she followed her. Robyn found him and his lover, but instead of arguing out her pain she took out a knife and tried to kill both of them. Robyn’s sister stopped her before she could do the unthinkable. Her sister went mad and she placed her under physiatrist care. After a year of therapy Robyn became herself again and her sister decided that it would be best if both of them returned to Korea, so they did. Even though Robyn has become a success in South Korea, her sister is worried that she is falling too fast in love, but what’s worse is that she’s afraid that Robyn’s love is merely an obsession.

 

Robyn: I’m going to bed.

Haru: Okay, sleep well.

 

Robyn goes to her bedroom and takes out her cell phone. She makes a call to a reporter.

 

Robyn: Mr. Park? Yes it’s me. Yes, tomorrow in the morning you’ll get a great story! Just do

             what I told you to do.

 

[End Scene One]

 

ACT II

    Scene II

 

            It’s the next morning and an alarm begins to go off. Through the thin curtains the sun began to shine and Jiyong stretched his arms up. He turned off his alarm, rubbing his eyes, but he couldn’t open them. A soft body warm body pressed against his bare skin, Jiyong smirked, and the body began to purr as he rubbed the kitty’s belly. Forcing himself out of bed, he checked his phone, and noticed that there was not one single call or text. Jiyong sat at the corner of his bed as he opened his phone to make a new message.

 

GD: [Typing on his phone] Seunghyun, I wanted to apologize for last night. I’m sorry if I

        bothered you. I hope you’re feeling better today.

 

After sending his message to TOP he calls Taeyang.

 

GD: Oh, Hyung it’s me Jiyong.

Taeyang: [Over the phone] I know it’s you, you called me.

GD: Oh, that makes sense . . . Oh well, Good Morning, but I just . . . Ahh . . . [hesitant] uh . . . I

        just wanted . . .

Taeyang: Are you calling me to know how TOP is?

GD: Err . . .

Taeyang: Well, Seunghyun hasn’t woken up, but I checked up on him a few minutes ago, but he

                was soundly asleep so I—

GD: [Interrupts Taeyang] Wait, what? You checked up on him?

Taeyang: Yes.

GD: Youngbae, where did you sleep last night?

Taeyang: At Seunghyun’s why?

GD: [A hint of jealousy] What don’t you have an apartment? Are there suddenly no hotels in

       South Korea?

Taeyang: [Laughing] What’s wrong? Why are making such a big deal out of this?

GD: I’m not! I’m just saying. Don’t you think could have left alone, he was upset yesterday you

        know?

Taeyang: I wasn’t bothering him. TOP said I could stay.

GD: WHAT?

Taeyang: [Laughing] GD are you jealous?

GD: [Scoffing] Jealous? Me? I do not get jealous!

Taeyang: [Laughing] Oh, Jiyong I just saw right through you! [Stops laughing] Oh, Hyung I’ll see you at the company, Seunghyun just woke up. [Hangs up]

GD: [Puts down his phone on his bed and his cat meows at him. GD looks at his cat] Can you believe that? Taeyang thought I was jealous. Me! G-Dragon jealous, yeah right!

 

[End Scene Two]  

 

ACT II

    Scene III

 

     The morning was warm and TOP made his way to work along with Taeyang. Arriving at YG Entertainment TOP and Taeyang noticed the rest of the members of Bigbang already arrived. They both walked into the studio where they usually begin to edit and write music. TOP settled himself down on a couch and noticed GD looking at a computer. TOP looked at Taeyang putting his things on the table where Seungri was sighing his name all over the stack of cards he had next to him, and once again he glanced at GD whom didn’t even notice his presence. Finally TOP broke the silence.

 

TOP: Where is Daesung?

Seungri: [Sighing] Ah, he went to go find a book he apparently he left here yesterday.

TOP: [To Seungri] What are you signing?

Seungri: Yang is making me do it.

Taeyang: For?

Seungri: For a birthday party of millions of girls.

TOP: [Laughing] Why didn’t make all of us do it?

Seungri: Because when he told me about the event in Japan, I told him I didn’t want to do it, so now he is forcing me to make these cards and go to Japan.

Taeyang: When is your event?

Seungri: Tomorrow.

Taeyang: Then what are you doing here?

Seungri [Looks up at Taeyang alarmed] You want to get rid of me that badly?

Taeyang: [Smiling] No, no, I’m just saying.

Seungri: Yeah right!

 

Things got quiet again and TOP looked up at GD. He decided to talk to him, but no words came out when he opened his mouth. TOP looked at his phone rereading the message GD sent to him, but he didn’t reply. At the same time GD looked at his phone wondering if TOP was ever going to text him, but GD shook his head wondering why he cared if TOP did or didn’t. Why is my heart is beating so fast, thought GD as he placed a firm hand over his chest. Taeyang placed a firm hand over GD’s shoulder and GD looked up at him, giving him a small smile.

 

Taeyang: Oh, I know that smile. What’s wrong?

GD: [Shaking his head] Nothing, I’m fine.

Taeyang: Hmm, [not convinced] okay, but if you ever need someone to talk to you know I am here.

GD: Thank you Hyung.  

 

Daesung enters the room.

 

Daesung: Little Seunghyun your car is here.

Seungri: Oh, really? I best be going then.

 

Seungri gets up and piles the cards in a perfect stack. He says goodbye to each of his hyungs and they all tell him to behave.

 

Seungri: Okay [repeat okay twice] I will be good! [Directed towards GD] Hyung give me a hug, it looks like you need one anyways.

 

GD stands up to give Seungri a hug. TOP sifts uncomfortably and quickly gets up to give Seungri a hug, but TOP just doesn’t want GD in someone’s arms; even if it was their friend.

 

TOP: [Pushing GD away] Okay! Seungri give me a hug too! [Gives Seungri a hug]

Daesung: [Remembers something] Jiyong! That’s right I forgot to tell you that Robyn is here.

 

TOP lets go of Seungri at the sound of Robyn’s name.

 

GD: Oh, really? Where is she?

Daesung: She’s outside.

GD: Why is she outside? Why didn’t she call me?

Daesung: She said that you must see her outside because she needs to see you in private.

TOP: [Concerned] Jiyong, I don’t think it’s such a good idea to go out like that.

GD: Why?

TOP: Be mindful of that girl. She just doesn’t seem right to me.

GD: You just met her. You don’t know anything about her.

TOP: I don’t need to know anything about her, I can tell by just looking at her that she’s seems a little off.

GD: Well, she doesn’t to me and I completely trust her, okay?

 

GD walked out of the room with Seungri and wondered what TOP meant. Should he be mindful of Robyn? As GD and Seungri walked outside, Robyn waved at GD, giving him a soft smile. Not too far away a reporter hid behind a row of cars across the street of YG Entertainment. The reporter began to take pictures of GD approaching Robyn. Robyn had told the reporter that tomorrow she and GD would be officially a couple. 

[End Scene Three]

 

ACT II

    Scene IV

 

            Seungri’s car drove off and GD began talking with Robyn.

 

GD: What’s wrong?

Robyn: [Getting closer to GD] No it’s just that you didn’t call me this morning.

GD: Ahh, well I’m sorry.

Robyn: Well, I came to talk to you about something.

GD: [Nodding] Okay, but wouldn’t you want to go inside or someplace else?

Robyn: No! No, right here is fine.

GD: Okay, if you think so. We’ll stay here if you want.

Robyn: Oppa, don’t you think that we’ve been going out long enough?

GD: Umm, I guess you could say that.

Robyn: Don’t you think we should proceed to the next step?

 

Robyn leans in close to GD and tries to kiss him, but GD looks in another direction. The reporter diligently watched GD and Robyn; he begins to take pictures of them.

 

GD: Robyn, I think we should talk about this.

Robyn: [Smiles] About what?

GD: [Puts distance between Robyn and himself] About us. Robyn, it was just a fling.

Robyn: [Scoffs] A fling? So you don’t like me?

GD: No, Robyn, I do like you. I really do, but I need some time to think. My feelings are confused right now and I’m not at the age where I should be dating anymore.

Robyn: Oppa, you can’t be serious right now?

GD: Robyn, I’m sorry, but I don’t want to become your boyfriend or anything. You are also young—

Robyn: [Interrupts him] Four years isn’t that much of a difference.

GD: Look Robyn, I have a reputation to take care of. It’s been a year since I left Kiko and I don’t want to date right now. There’s something I have to think about, because I am confused. Let’s be friends, Robyn.

Robyn: [Tearing up] No, no, this isn’t how it’s supposed to be. [Speech begins to slur and places hands on head] This isn’t how it should have happened.

GD: [Worried and reaches out to her] Robyn are you okay?

Robyn: [Slaps GD’s hand away] No, no you’re supposed to love me the way I love you. That’s—that’s how it’s supposed to be.

 

Robyn’s behavior has changed and her body begins to have cold sweats. Her speech becomes impaired and it’s hard for her to speak. GD becomes genuinely worried about her, but she refuses his help. The reporter notices somethings wrong with Robyn and realizes that she got dumped instead, but he stayed waiting for the conversation to end.

GD: Robyn, what’s wrong? Pull yourself together. [Grabs her by her forearms]

 

Robyn pushes herself off of GD causing her to fall backwards. As Robyn fell, she landed on her elbows causing the skin to break. GD suddenly became scared and wanted to enter the building as fast as possible, but Robyn tugged at his pants telling him to not leave her. GD looked down at Robyn and saw a different personality. He didn’t know this Robyn and he felt frightened at the painful look she had in her eyes.

 

GD: Robyn please, don’t do this! [Grabbing her arms again and pushing them off his legs]

Robyn: [Crying] Why would you leave me? Is it because you love someone else?

GD: Robyn please, please let me go.

 

GD finally gets Robyn to let him go and he takes her to her car.

 

GD: Robyn.

Robyn: Just don’t say anything and go away.

 

GD walks away and enters the building. As soon as he leaves the reporter comes out from hiding and approaches Robyn.

 

Reporter Park: [Holding a camera] Well, Robyn it looks like they dumbed you and I have no story.

Robyn: [Sniffing] He can’t do this to me. How could he leave me like this?

Reporter Park: Well, he did.

Robyn: [Angry] No, this will not end here. I won’t make the same mistake as last time, this time I will destroy him. Did you take any pictures?

Reporter Park: Of course I did, but why?

Robyn: Because we are going to use those pictures against him. Mr. G-Dragon is going to look like the worst idol in the world. [Evil smile]

 

[End Scene Four]