ACT III: Scene I, II, III, and IV

Skinny Love

Author's note: *ACT Three is finally complete! I hope you all enjoy scene 3 and scene 4 :) ACT 4 will be up soon!* 

 

ACT III

    Scene I

 

            GD walks into the building with his heart pounding so loudly that he felt his eardrums could burst. TOP’s words whispered into GD’s ears and he realized that maybe TOP was right, he should be mindful of Robyn. GD wondered what could have made Robyn react in such a manner, but he realized that he will be nothing more than a wanted celebrity. Robyn could have easily just sought him out for more fame or just for money. Those kinds of thoughts filled his mind and GD began to walk back to the studio. He noticed Taeyang and Daesung were both gone, but TOP was still sitting on the sofa. Still feeling overwhelmed, he silently enters the room and GD notices TOP is asleep. Quietly he approaches TOP and examines his face. With the tip of his finger, he slowly caresses his perfect hair, and then slightly brushes over his long eye lashes, and he hesitated at his lips. Why would he even want to touch his lips? What is this weird uncomfortable, but pleasurable sensation when he sees TOP? GD wondered and he decided to find out . . . 

 

            Still sitting in her car after talking with Reporter Park, Robyn silently let her tears drop. Her thoughts were filled with explanations, but she didn’t want to believe them. Robyn decides to go apologize to GD for her exaggeration and call Reporter Park to not go forth with the plan. Something inside Robyn told her that she should just let go of the past and seek for forgiveness. Her sister Haru came to mind and she cried thinking that just maybe she would disappoint her again, like in the past. Robyn decided to go inside the building and talk to GD; she did so . . .

 

            TOP was profoundly asleep and GD slowly leaned in close to his face. Slowly closing his eyes, GD gently brushed his lips against TOP’s. A striking amount of heat burst through his body and his lips grew increasingly warm . . .

 

            Her eyes grew wide at the sight she was seeing. Robyn’s heartbeat pounded loudly at her chest and she covered with one of her hands. Robyn turned around and quickly walked before anyone could see her. The same story, she told herself as she walked outside. Him and his lover . . .

 

            TOP suddenly shifts uncomfortably and GD runs out the room noticing a young woman turning the corner towards the elevators. GD runs someplace else trying to make it look like he just entered the room. TOP woke up and GD enters the room.

 

TOP: [Yawns and notices GD walk in all calmly, but he notices his red cheeks] Why are you so red?

GD: [Touches both cheeks] Ah it’s because it was cold outside.

TOP: Oh, I see. [Suddenly feels warm and touches lips.]

GD: [Sits down on a chair facing TOP] What’s wrong?

TOP: My lips [touches lips again] they feel surprisingly warm.

GD: Ah, is that a good thing?

TOP: It’s pleasurable; this warmth  . . .

GD: [Suddenly blushes] Oh . . .

 

What’s wrong with me, GD thought. His heart pounded as TOP his lips to moist them, and GD looked away rubbing the back of his neck with one of his hands.

 

TOP: [Looks around] Where’s Youngbae?

GD: I don’t know. I just got here.

TOP: Where’s Daesung?

GD: I wouldn’t know either.

 

An awkward silence settled between them for a few minutes and TOP looked at GD’s flushed cheeks of hot pink; he smirked. One more time TOP touched his lips and remembered that moment when he heard GD enter the room. TOP woke up as GD entered the room, but pretended to sleep and as GD closed his eyes TOP opened his. Motionless, but the heat of his boiling blood increased and shot through his lips. Slowly trying not to move, he reached trying to cup GD’s face, but GD felt the movement and thought he was waking up. That was the closest he was to finally holding someone he loves, but why did he kiss him in the first place?

 

TOP: Jiyong, I’m sorry for having lashed out at you like that last night.

GD: [shakes his head] No, it was my fault. It’s okay.

TOP: No, it wasn’t your fault it wa—

GD: [Interrupts TOP] Hyung, forget about last night. I actually have something to ask you.

 

TOP nods his head.

 

GD: I’m confused about something.

TOP: Confused about what?

GD: [Shifts nervously] There’s this person that I see every day and for some reason every time I see that person my heart feels as if it’s about to explode. I feel lost at times and I also feel like I lost my way, and then there’s that one person that just makes me find the light. I can see this light shine brightly through them and I can’t understand why. And every time they smile I wish I was the reason for that beautiful smile. [Gets lost in the talk] When that person smiles, their cheek sinks in and makes the most adorable dimples ever. [Touches his cheeks creating a dent]

TOP: [Inhaled deeply and exhales] What’s to be so confused about?

GD: Huh?

TOP: Why are you so confused about? I mean, it sounds like you really love her.

GD: [Confused] Her?

 

Before GD could get the chance to tell TOP about Robyn, Daesung and Taeyang entered the room with lunch trays.

 

Taeyang: Omo, why is it so suspenseful in here?

Daesung: What were you two talking about? Have you two made up yet?

TOP: [Gets up and slaps Daesung behind the head, just fooling around] Aigoo, what do you mean made up?

 

The four of them sit down to lunch and it seemed as if TOP returned to normal with GD, at least just for a little while. As for Robyn, she returned home, not heartbroken, but angry and confused. Robyn felt her head hurt and she placed one hand on her right temple. Haru heard the front door close and went to go greet her sibling, but she found Robyn unstable. She looked at Robyn with fearful eyes and wondered what happened for her to get like this.

 

Haru: [walking towards Robyn] What happened?

Robyn: [Eyes swell up with tears] He’s with someone else . . . he has a lover . . .

Haru: Robyn it’s okay, just don’t get like this again. You promised this wouldn’t happen again.

Robyn: [Panicking] Why is everyone out to hurt me? Why? [Screaming] WHY?! WHY CAN’T HE LOVE ME?!

Haru: Robyn, no one is out to get you! Robyn! [Taking ahold of her sister and trying to calm her down.]

 

Robyn lost it. She panicked. Her heartrate pulsed through her ears and her headache increased. Robyn began to hit herself on the head and Haru ran towards their medicine cabinet. She took out Robyn’s prescription medication from the United States. Instead of pouring it into water like Haru normally does, she forced it down her sister’s throat. Robyn chocked back on the liquid that entered and within minutes she began to feel drowsy. Haru walked Robyn to her bedroom and she helped Robyn into her bed. Haru her sister’s beautiful hair, even asleep Robyn was more beautiful than ever. Haru noticed the dry blood on Robyn’s elbows and the bruises on her face. She cleaned her wounds and closed her door letting her rest for the night.

 

[End Scene One]

 

ACT III

    Scene II

 

            The next morning came and Robyn woke up feeling more relaxed, but sore from her body. As she tried to get up she flinched at the pain her arms gave her and she looked at her bandaged elbows. Taking ahold of a mirror, she had lying on a small table next to her bed, she looked at herself and noticed bruises on her forehead and one or two on her face; all self-inflicted. Her phone vibrated and she opened the new message she just received. Look at today’s news, she read, the message was sent by Reporter Park and she smiles when she sees the number one news today.

 

Robyn: [wickedly] And that’s the way it’s done.

 

Scene transitions

 

A newspaper is thrown at GD’s face and lands scatters all over the floor.

 

Yang: [Yelling] What is the meaning of this, Jiyong?! Why is your name everywhere?!

 

GD picks up the front page and sees the bold letting: G-DRAGON FATHER TO BE. GD scrolls down and sees his pictures of Robyn from yesterday. They had printed two pictures of GD taking ahold of Robyn’s arms and the second one where she was on the ground. Reading part of the story GD’s legs grew weak. Yesterday in the early hours of the morning Lee Robyn headed towards YG Entertainment to meet with G-Dragon, whom she has allegedly been dating for a month. Lee Robyn apparently told G-Dragon she was pregnant with his child and instead of reacting in a positive manner he pushed her down on the floor. Is the famous G-Dragon a woman beater?

 

YG tore the newspaper from GD’s hands and didn’t let him read any further.

 

GD: [Hardly being able to speak] I don’t understand . . .

Yang: What do you mean you don’t understand?! Right here, it says she’s pregnant and you threw her to the ground instead?! Jiyong, what were you thinking?!

 

GD was unable to speak and Taeyang barged into Yang’s office.

 

Taeyang: [Defending GD] No! Don’t believe a word this says! GD would never do such a thing!

Yang: You don’t think I know that? I’m angry he didn’t watch himself!

 

Yang begins to calm down.

 

Yang: [Calmer voice] Jiyong, how did this happen? There are photos of you here, in front of my company, throwing this girl on the ground.

 

GD finally breaks his silence.

 

GD: I don’t know, sir. I don’t know.

Yang: Get him out of here. Make sure not one single reporter spots you. [To GD] I’m going to try and fix this mess, but I want you to go into hiding until this is all fixed, is that understood?

 

GD nods and Taeyang runs out of Yang’s office with GD. GD’s mind felt as if it was about to explode and without realizing it tears began to strain his cheeks. As Taeyang looked out a window he noticed reporters surrounded the front door.

 

Taeyang: [Sighs deeply] How are we going to get out?

TOP: You don’t.

 

TOP and Daesung showed up and TOP glared at GD.

 

TOP: [Grabs GD by the shoulders] What were you thinking?! I told you to be mindful of that of that girl?!

GD: [Pushes TOP off of him] Let me go!!

Taeyang: [Gets in between them] You two stop fighting. We need to figure out how to get Jiyong out of here.

Daesung: How? The press is everywhere.

TOP: [Grabs GD’s hand] Follow me. You two go to Yang’s office and wait for my call. I’ll get him out of here.

 

GD and TOP go running down the stairs to the first floor and they exit the building from the back door. They both slide pass the press and TOP starts his car. The reporters notice the car and see GD in it. They all run towards the vehicle, but TOP pressed the gas and got GD out of there.

 

TOP: [breaking the silence] Is she pregnant?

GD: Who?

TOP: Robyn.

GD [Looking out the window] If she is it’s not mine.

TOP: What happened, Jiyong?

GD: [Silent]

TOP: Jiyong?

GD: [Tears stream down his face]

 

TOP notices GD’s wet face and stops the car on a shoulder. He cups GD’s face with his hands and places his head on his shoulder. GD’s tears soaked in TOP’s sweater and he knew GD wasn’t capable of hurting a woman like that, let alone to anyone. As GD composes himself, TOP starts to drive again, but the whole way there was silent. TOP stopped the car and opened the door for GD, because for the moment he was not aware of anything. They arrived at TOP’s house and as they entered, TOP made his phone call to Taeyang.

 

TOP: Taeyang, yes, he’s here with me.

Taeyang: [over the phone] Will he stay with you?

TOP: Yes, he will. I think he’ll be fine here. Tell Yang not to worry, GD won’t leave my place. [Hangs up.]

 

GD looked around his surroundings for a second and decided to sit on the sofa.

 

TOP: [Looks at GD] Now, you’re going to tell me what happened. I want the whole story.

 

[End Scene Two] 

 

ACT III

    Scene III

 

            The day took its course and the sun began to set. Like a big tidal wave the scandal washed down over the k-pop fandom and fans all over the world began to rage. At the door of YG Entertainment, paparazzi banged at the building demanding to know where GD was. The Social Medias blew up with hateful comments and some people denied the scandal saying GD wouldn’t do such a thing. Robyn stood in her room looking out the window and noticed how reporters entered the lobby. She waited for someone specifically to come over talk to her and she remained in her room all day. Haru watched the news and ran towards her sister’s room, wanting an explanation.

 

Haru: Robyn! What’s going on? What’s all this about you being pregnant? Did GD actually—

Robyn: [Interrupting Haru] Silence is all I need right now. Silence.

Haru: No! You’re going to tell me everything!

Robyn: You saw the news didn’t you? Then you know everything already!

 

Robyn looks out the window and sees police officers entering the lobby and she smiled.

 

Robyn: They have finally arrived.

 

Robyn walks out of her room, leaving Haru alone. Haru sensed that something was wrong, but she had to trust her sister. Haru knew Robyn wasn’t mentally well, but Robyn hid her illness well. After Haru and Robyn’s parents passed away when they were young, Haru lived her life working hard to raise Robyn. When they received the news of their parents’ passing Robyn went through a huge depression and Haru noticed changes in her personality. Robyn was then diagnosed with Schizophrenia in her early teen years. Haru worked hard to pay for her sisters medical expenses and even held two jobs to put her through college. Robyn began to get well as she continually took her medication, but something snapped. When Haru put Robyn through therapy, she got well quickly, but still Robyn was never the same. Haru always protected Robyn and she knew that even now she had to protect her sister well if not, the story will repeat itself again.

 

Doorbell rings. It’s the police.

Haru opens the door and Robyn is sitting on the couch with tears in her eyes.

 

Police Detective: [Showing his badge] I’m Detective Lee and this is my partner Detective Ryu. We are here to ask Miss. Lee Robyn some questions referred to the news today.

Haru: [Looks at Robyn then back at the officers] Umm, okay. [Lets them enter the apartment]

Detective Lee: [To Robyn] Miss. Lee Robyn, I am Detective Lee and this is my partner Detective Ryu. May we ask you some questions?

Robyn: [Looks up at Detective Lee] Yes.

Detective Lee: [Motions to sit] May we sit?

Robyn: [Nods]

Detective Lee: Miss. Lee—

Robyn: Just call me Robyn.

Detective Lee: [Nod] Okay, Robyn. You must have read the news or must have seen the news about you and G-Dragon; is that correct?

Robyn: Yes.

Detective Lee: [Examines her face and see her bruises] It says that Mr. Kwon hit you, is that true.

Robyn: [Looks between the officers and tears well up in her eyes]

Detective Ryu: Robyn, you have to tell us the truth, because domestic violence is breaking the law and so is lying.

Robyn: [Hesitant] It’s—it’s not like he meant to do it . . .

Detective Lee: So he did hit you?

Robyn: [Fidgeting nervously] Umm, it’s not that he meant to do it . . .

Detective Ryu: What about your pregnancy?

Robyn: [Twitches] What about that?

Detective Ryu: Is it true, Robyn?

Robyn: [Touches her right temple] I don’t want to speak of this anymore.

Detective Lee: [Notices Robyn’s nervousness and how pale she got] Robyn, are you okay?

Robyn: [Crying] Please leave. I will not speak of my pregnancy with you. It’s too embarrassing and shameful.

Detective Lee: Robyn, did he hurt you in any other way?

Robyn: [Stands up quickly] Leave immediately!

Detective Lee: [Stands up] Okay, we will leave. Robyn when you’re ready to talk please call us [hands her his card].

 

Detective Lee and Ryu left Robyn’s apartment. Both Detectives wondered whether the pregnancy was true or not, but what they were certain of was that GD did beat Robyn and possible their intimacy was not consensual.   

 

Scene Transitions

 

In the kitchen TOP began to cook and GD walked over to kitchen. The steam of cooking the food filled the kitchen and GD watched TOP as he cut vegetables. On the top corner of TOP’s forehead sweat began to form, GD got a cloth, and tapped his sweat off. TOP looked at GD in the eyes with a serious expression and GD looked away bringing his hand back down. TOP smirked and handed him a knife.

 

TOP: [Grabbing an extra apron] Want to help? If there is a second pair of hands the food will go a lot quicker and we can eat.

GD: [Nods]

  

TOP put his arms around GD’s waist and ties the apron. With TOP looking behind him, GD took a chance at glancing at TOP’s face, but TOP was too inclined that he didn’t see his face. All GD saw was his neck and for some reason his heart began to pound. TOP let go of GD and noticed him looking straight at his face.

 

TOP: What is it? [Hasn’t let go of his waist.]

GD: [Blushing] It’s just that . . .

TOP: [Let’s go and grabs the knife] Here you finish cutting these and I’ll cut the meat.

GD: [Slowly cutting the vegetables, he’s never cut them before]

TOP: [Notices how GD is struggling] That’s not how it’s done. Look here let me show you.

 

TOP stands right behind GD, he gently caresses his hand over GD’s, and then firmly takes ahold of his hand along with the knife.

 

TOP: [Slowly cutting the vegetables] Look, see how it’s done, nice easy and slowly.

GD: [Blushes at the feeling of TOP’s breathing on his neck]

TOP: There see how it's done. Do you think you can handle by yourself now?

GD: [Loosens himself from TOP’s grip] Umm, I think I should just go take a shower instead. I can’t cook so you continue.

 

GD takes off the apron quickly and runs out of the kitchen. TOP drops the knife on the floor and exhales profoundly, that was close, he said to himself. GD entered the guest room and closed the door quickly. What’s wrong with me, GD thought to himself. What is this? GD entered the restroom and undressed. He entered the shower and let the hot water trickle down his neck. GD closed his eyes and for a second he forgot about the confusing feelings he’s been having. He began to think about Robyn, he wondered why she would say such things, and as he got out the shower, GD decided to call Robyn. GD placed a white towel around his waist and sat on the bed. He took ahold of his phone and called Robyn. It rang, rang, and rang. No answer. He called again. It rang and rang. No answer.

 

GD: [Leaves voicemail] Robyn, it’s me. Robyn, what’s going on? Call me. Please, I need to know what happened. Please call me. [Hangs up]

 

GD changes into the same clothes he was wearing and walks out of the room, into the dining room. The food was all set up and TOP was sitting down drinking a glass of wine.

 

TOP: [Rolling his eyes] You should have asked me for a clean pair of clothes.

GD: It would have been weird to have worn your underwear.

TOP: [Notices GD’s spikes on his belt] NO! No! Wait!

GD: [Sits] What?

TOP: [Bites his tongue] Your belt…my chair…

GD: [Stands up and sees the scratch on the wood] Uh, oh, I’m sorry . . .

TOP: [Sarcastically] No, it’s alright. You know, that wasn’t hand carved mahogany or anything. I can just buy another one.

GD: [Sits down again, but accidently hits the crystal wine glass next to him and breaks is] I’m sorry. . .

TOP: [Covers his eyes and sighs] I wonder how long Yang wants you to stay here?

 

[End Scene Three]

 

ACT III

    Scene IV

 

            A few days have passed and TOP’s quiet life turned upside down. Even though GD was a quiet soul himself, but it was GD’s sole presence that bugged TOP. There were moments when GD would trip over things, moments when he would bump into TOP, moments he would walk around in a towel after he would take a shower, and TOP’s blood would boil at the sight of seeing GD like that. TOP couldn’t handle anymore and he called YG.

 

TOP: [On the phone]: Yang, how much longer does Jiyong have to remain here?

Yang: [Over the phone] It’s only been five days and the press is still asking for GD, just keep him for a while more. I am trying my best to speak with Robyn, but she hasn’t come out of her apartment and there have been detectives asking for GD as well. Let me try one more time to take care of this situation.

TOP: I can’t have him here anymore! Listen, I just can’t have him here! He’s driving me insane!

 

GD overhears TOP’s conversation with Yang.

 

Yang: Just hold on, no one suspects that GD is with you, just hold on.

TOP: Fine. But not a day more, I can’t stand him anymore. [Hangs up]

GD: Why is it that you can’t stand me?

TOP: [Turns around] Jiyong . . .

GD: Is it possible for me to know what I did wrong?

TOP: It has nothing to do with you. You heard wrong. [Starts to walk away]

GD: [Grabs his arm and stops him from walking away] Hyung, tell me now!

TOP: [Pushes GD’s arm off his] Don’t touch me!

GD: You see? I can’t even hug my friend anymore without you pushing me away. Hyung, what happened?

TOP: [Sighing] You just don’t understand. Look everything is just irritating me right now. Everything is just irritating. You are irritating me right now.

GD: Seunghyun, why?! Okay, I understand that all of this is a little confusing and it has me confused too . . . [pauses] but what has me more confused is you.

TOP: [Scoffs] Me? I am confusing you?

GD: Yes, you’re confusing me. Before we were fine, Hyung we were friends and now it’s as if you hate me. I’m so confused. I don’t even know what I am feeling anymore. [Turns to walk away]

TOP: You’re confused? You want some answers as to why I am like this? Okay I will tell you.

 

GD remains turned around but stays and listens to TOP.

 

TOP: You don’t even know the meaning of confused! I went through years of figuring out how I felt. I would stay up all night thinking, wondering why? Why, did I feel like this? You don’t understand what it feels like to want to hold someone you can’t hold freely.  Do you think that I like hugging you when the camera is on? Or do you think I even like teasing you when we are in a concert? But I do it, [hesitant] but I do it because—because I—I.

GD: [Tears stain his cheeks and he walks away]

 

The words just couldn’t come out and TOP fell to his knees. Why is this so hard to express, he said to himself as he covered his eyes. GD closed the door behind him and he too fell to the floor. The tears stained his cheeks and he cried silently. Why is this happening? The night fell quickly and GD was still locked up in his bedroom. TOP’s words echoed in his mind and he figured that TOP has feelings for him, but for how long? GD didn’t understand what he felt, so it was decided, GD stood up and walked out of the room. He looked around for TOP, but didn’t find him anywhere. GD walked inside TOP’s bedroom and found him sitting in a chair. TOP’s face was expressionless, but GD could tell he was crying for his eyes were all puffy and red. TOP knew GD entered his room, but he didn’t want to look at him. GD walked over to TOP and placed his hands on the chair’s handles. GD leaned in to TOP’s face and he closed his eyes. GD brushed his lips against TOP’s and that same burst of heat flashed through his body. His heart pounded at his chest and he parted his lips to take hold of TOP’s lips. TOP’s eyes grew wide open and slowly he began to close them. TOP remembered the last time GD kissed him, but only this time it felt different; this time it felt as though GD really kissed him. TOP cupped GD’s face in his hands and he opened his mouth accepting the kiss. GD felt his body get warmer and his lips burst in flames. This felt different than the first time he kissed TOP. This felt different. TOP placed one hand behind GD’s neck and his fingers dug into his skin. He could feel his blood pumping faster and faster. TOP then separated his lips from GD’s and they both opened their eyes.

 

GD: I had to know. . .

 

TOP didn’t say a word, but he understood what GD meant. The room was dark and the only light that shined was the moon’s white light that made its way through the curtains. The silk sheets intertwined perfectly with two bodies and it gently caressed them both. TOP’s breath came quick and brushed against GD’s neck. GD’s hand twisted in the sheets and he held on them tightly. TOP’s chest was against GD’s back and TOP wrapped one arm around GD’s bare body and held him close. TOP rested his face against GD’s neck and sweat trickled down his forehead. Tears filled TOP’s eyes and they stained GD’s neck. GD felt the tears on his neck; he lifted one hand up, and caressed TOP’s face. Tears stained GD’s face and they both cried silently. TOP turned GD over and he lies on his back. TOP kissed GD’s eyes and with the tip of his nose he pressed it against GD’s nose. GD giggled and he kissed TOP. The moon light shined on both of them and created a shadow against the wall. The shadow that casted on the wall showed two souls that became one and two hearts beating as one. 

 

[End Scene Four]