ACT IV: Scene I, II, III, IV, and V

Skinny Love

ACT IV

    Scene I

           

            The sun shines brightly early the next morning. GD rested peacefully in TOP’s arms and the sun shined on TOP’s face, waking him up. He opened his eyes and GD’s hair tickled his face, but TOP hugged GD tightly. TOP kissed GD’s forehead and felt as though he was dreaming. With his fingertips, TOP slowly caressed GD’s skin and as he touched it the more he felt that this wasn’t a dream. He remained holding GD for several minutes, but GD began to wake up. As GD opened his eyes, he found himself pressed against TOP’s bare body. He looked at TOP’s handsome face and TOP smiled at him.

 

GD: [Rubbing one eye] Good Morning.

TOP: I finally get to say this, Good Morning.

GD: [Looks at TOP] Why are you looking at me like that?

TOP: [Exhales deeply] I feel like I’m dreaming.

GD: [Lifts himself up to TOP’s face] Well, you’re not dreaming. [Kisses TOP]

 

GD gets outta bed and walks to the bathroom. TOP stretched out and crossed both of his arms behind his head. He closed his eyes and flashbacks of last night went through his mind. I can still feel him, TOP thought. As GD entered the restroom, he took a towel and put it over his waist. He looked at himself in the mirror and put two fingers over his lips. The bruises on his lips made him realize that last night events were real and not only just a dream. GD sat down on the edge of the bathtub and he noticed bruises between his legs. He took off the towel and noticed that there were even bruises of TOP’s fingers on his thighs.

 

GD: [Placing on his face] What did I do last night?

 

GD stands up and slowly opens just a little crack of the bathroom door, to look at TOP still in bed.

 

GD: [Slowly closes the door again] But, [shrugs his shoulders] I like him.

 

Getting out of the shower quickly and dressing into some of the new clothing TOP bought him, GD noticed TOP was no longer in bed. He walked out of the bedroom and TOP was in the dining room area getting breakfast prepared. GD noticed TOP getting breakfast ready and he awkwardly walked into the open, smiling a crooked smile at TOP.

 

TOP: [Smiling] Ahh, you’re finally out. What would you like me to make you?

GD: Can’t you just make ramen; I mean you don’t even know how to cook.

TOP: Ramen is bad for your body and I do know how to cook. Remember I cooked for you once and you liked it.

GD: [Nodding his head] Yes, yes, but you had help from Taeyang, Seungri, and Daesung so technically you didn’t do it all by yourself.

TOP: Want me to prove you wrong?

GD: [Smiling coyly] I highly doubt that.

 

There’s a knock on the door.

 

TOP: Give me a second. [Walks over to the door to see who it is]

 

It’s Taeyang, Seungri and Daesung.

 

GD: Who is it?

TOP: [Opens the door] You’ll see.

 

Seungri sees GD and pushes passed everyone.

 

Seungri: [Running towards GD] HYYYUNG!! [Hugs GD tightly] I haven’t seen you in days! Look at you! You’ve withered away! [Begins to kiss GD all over]

GD: [Smiling widely and laughing] Seungri get off of me!

TOP: [Quickly walks over to Seungri and takes him off GD] Hey, hey, hey there’s no kissing in my house! [Clearing his throat] That’s enough hugging and that’s enough kissing.

Taeyang: [Laughs] Yeah I can tell there’s no kissing in this house. [Points at GD] Look how bruised hyung’s lips are.

Daesung: [Laughs] They are! What were you two doing for the past five days?

Seungri: [Looks at GD’s lips] Hyung!

GD: Aish, you are all overreacting! I bit my lips last night and they bruised.

TOP: [Clears his throat]

Taeyang: Oh really? What, were you chomping on them all last night?

TOP: Ahh, okay, okay time for all of you to leave now. We were about to have breakfast, so visiting time is over.

Daesung: [Excited about food] Oh! We haven’t eaten either, what were you two going to eat?

GD: Well, Hyung was going to make us ramen.

Daesung: WHAT? No, ramen is bad for your health! I rather make you something delicious and tofu friendly. [Smiling widely]

 

Everyone whined as Daesung said tofu, but Daesung still went into TOP’s kitchen and with a bright smile he began to cook. They all sat down when the food was prepared and they all ate happily; speaking amongst each other; and enjoying the presence of the 5 of them together.

 

[End Scene One]

 

ACT IV

    Scene II

 

     Robyn bit her nails down to the nub and began to scratch down against her nails. Dry blood formed at the ends of her fingertips and she would reopen her wounds. The curtains were drawn and her door was locked. The sun didn’t even enter her bedroom and neither did food come to touch Robyn’s mouth. Robyn paced in her room, whispering to herself, and pounding at her head. A knock came down on Robyn’s door; it was Haru.

 

Haru: [Holding a plate of food] Robyn, open the door. Honey, you need to eat. Please open the door.

 

Robyn didn’t hear Haru speak, but she twitched as if she did hear someone speak to her and she sat down in front of a mirror. She began to comb her hair with her hands.

 

Robyn: He isn’t coming. This plan didn’t work out, but you said it would.

 

A soft whispering voice echoed in Robyn’s ears.

 

Imaginary Voices: Robyn it’s time.

Robyn: [Fearful look in her eyes] No, [shaking her head] no, no I don’t want to lie anymore.

Imaginary Voices: Robyn, they’re all out to get you. He wants to hurt you, so we need to hurt him back.

Robyn: [Hits her head] Shut up! Shut up!

Imaginary Voices: He’s out to get you. He’s going to hurt you, like the last time.

Robyn: No, he’s not. You’re lying!

Imaginary Voices: Robyn, remember the last time? He hurt you and it’s going to happen again.

Robyn: No, no, no, no!

 

Haru could hear Robyn cry and she dropped the food, running into her room to find Robyn’s spare key. When she found the key, Haru ran back to her sister and with shaky hands she opened the door. Robyn was banging on her head and Haru went over to her sister, holding her in her embrace. Haru’s eyes welled up with tears and they rolled down her face. She held Robyn tightly, holding her so she wouldn’t hurt herself anymore. Haru saw her sister’s fingernails, she touched Robyn’s greasy hair, and she noticed Robyn was wearing the same clothes from five days ago. Haru sobbed silently as she heard her sister’s cries and those cries brought back old memories. Robyn held Haru’s arms tightly as the voices kept telling her, he is out to get you, and Robyn kept on crying no, no, and no.

 

Robyn: [Crying hysterically] Unni, Haru Unni!

Haru: [Shaky voice] Yes, I am here. What is it, Robyn?

Robyn: [Stuttering] Th—hh—they said h—h—he was out to get me?

Haru: Who Robyn? Who said that?

Robyn: They said he wants to hurt me. [Sobbing] No, Unni, no! They said he’s never coming back.

Haru: [Closes her eyes and presses Robyn closer to her] Robyn, no. No one is going to get you. Robyn let’s take those little pills that made those bad thoughts go away, okay?

Robyn: [Pushes away from Haru] NO! No, Unni, please! They make me feel bad.

Haru: [Pleading] Please Robyn, listen to me! I beg you Robyn do it for me. Please!

Robyn: [Hysterical] NO! You’re one of them aren’t you? You’re out to get me too! You’re trying to hurt me too aren’t you!

Haru: No, Robyn! No! Robyn, I love you. I’m trying to help you.

Robyn: You’re lying! You liar! I know what you’re thinking, you’re one of them!

 

Robyn pushes Haru out of her room and locks the door again. Haru falls to the ground and sobs; she feared this would happen again.

 

Robyn: I have to call—call—I need to call Detective Lee. He’s one my side. He won’t hurt me.

 

Robyn looks for her cell phone and she calls Detective Lee.

 

Robyn: [Over the phone] Detective Lee, it’s me Robyn. I need to confess something . . .

 

[End Scene Two]

 

ACT IV

    Scene III

           

            Laughter filled TOP’s home and for a couple of hours GD forgot about reality.

 

Seungri: [To TOP] Hyung, don’t you have something else to drink other than wine?

TOP: [Looks at his wine glass] I have grape juice.

 

They laugh and GD’s smile shined brightest and TOP glanced over at GD as he smiled. TOP tried to hide his smile in his wine glass and GD saw this; he blushed. The sunset splashed the sky with pastel colors of, pink, purple, and orange. Soon nightfall came and Seungri, Daesung, and Taeyang decided to go home. As Seungri said his goodbye to GD, he hugged GD tightly and TOP shoved Seungri away saying that there was no hugging in his house. Daesung said his goodbyes and Taeyang stayed behind to talk to GD.

 

Taeyang: Hyung.

GD: Hmm?

Taeyang: Have you spoken to Robyn yet?

GD: No I haven’t. I tried contacting her, but she never answered.

Taeyang: She hasn’t left her apartment since the day of the scandal, but they say two detectives keep going to her apartment.

GD: What do you mean? [Somewhat concerned] Did something happen to her?

Taeyang: No, it’s not like that. Her sister won’t talk to the press of the detectives either.

GD: So she’s in hiding too?

Taeyang: Seems like it, but Hyung, if detectives are looking for her then I’m sure they’ll be looking for you too.

GD: [Worrisome face]

Taeyang: Hyung, you’re not like this. Why are you hiding? You didn’t hurt her and you should say so. Anyways she has to prove whether she’s actually pregnant. Hyung, talk to Yang.

GD: He told me to stay put.

Taeyang: Think about it before things get worse.

 

Taeyang said goodbye and hugged GD. It was as if he needed a hug like that, a hug only a best friend can give. The door closes and GD turns around to see TOP standing there looking at him. GD studied TOP’s face and he seemed more clam than usual.

 

TOP: You sounded kind of concerned when Taeyang mentioned Robyn.

GD: [Walks over to the living room] Well, she is a dear person to me.

TOP: [Follows GD] After all the lies she’s spread? Ji, how can she be dear to you?

GD: [Turns around and faces TOP] What?

TOP: What do you mean what?

GD: What did you call me?

TOP: [Eyes look up] Umm, [eyes look back at GD] Ji?

GD: [Small smile] Say it again.

TOP: Ji.

GD: [Wider smile] Again!

TOP: Ji.

GD: [Full smile] AGAIN!

TOP: JI!

GD: I like the sound of that.

TOP: [Snickers] You do?

GD: [Pouts] Mmmhmm!

TOP: Don’t pout.

GD: Why? I always pout! Pouting is like a part of me.

 

TOP grabs one of GD’s arms and he puts one hand around GD’s waist. TOP pulls GD close to him, clashing his body with his.

 

GD: [Tries to pull away from TOP] Ouch!

TOP: [Grabs GD’s chin] Don’t pout anymore, because every time I’ve seen you pout I had to fight off the urge of kissing you.

GD: Then, I guess I’ll just pout and pout some more.

 

TOP pushes GD on the sofa and lays on top of him. TOP shook his head and caressed GD’s hair. GD looked into TOP’s dark brown eyes and he found a vast ocean of passion. He wondered what made his heart race when he saw TOP, or what made him want to kiss him, GD just didn’t understand anything yet.

 

GD: Don’t you think it’s weird?

TOP: What’s weird?

GD: This . . . I mean we’re both men . . .

TOP: [Sighs and sits up right] You believe love has a gender?

GD: [Sitting up] Can you even call this love already?

TOP: So, what happened last night was just something that happened randomly? 

GD: No! I was sincere last night, but everything is so confusing.

TOP: Why is it confusing?

GD: I feel like this is so natural. It feels as if this was meant to be this way.

TOP: Then why are you so congested and not allowing yourself to just feel?

GD: [Lowers head] I don’t know.

TOP: [Takes GD’s hand] Whether you are a man or a woman, I’d look at you with the same eyes I do right now.

GD: [Looks at TOP] What kind of eyes?

TOP: With eyes of desire, with eyes of admiration, with eyes of passion, and with eyes of shire bliss.

GD: So, you think it’s okay?

TOP: Ji, when you fall in love with someone you don’t think with this [places a finger on GD’s head] you think with this [places a full hand on GD’s chest, covering his heart]

GD: You believe in that?

TOP: You don’t?

GD: [Silently thinks about it, but can’t answer the question]

TOP: Haven’t you ever been in love, Ji?

GD: [Nods] Well of course. There was my first love and Kiko, but she said—[pauses]

TOP: She said what?

GD: Nothing. She said nothing. [Smiles nervously]

 

TOP was curious to know what GD was about to say, but he didn’t force him to speak. GD yawned and rubbed one of his eyes.

 

TOP: Tired?

GD: [Nodding]

TOP: Well, come on let’s go to sleep.

 

GD stands up and begins to walk towards the guest bedroom.

TOP stops him.

 

TOP: Wait, where are you going?

GD: I’m going to my bedroom.

TOP: [Holding GD’s hand] Your bed room is that way.

 

TOP walked in front of GD, but still holding his hand tightly. If GD wanted to get away he wouldn’t have been able to, for TOP held his hand tightly, but why would he want to get away? GD let himself be taken by this man he had mixed feeling for and the bedroom door closed as GD entered the room.

 

[End Scene Three]

 

ACT IV

    Scene IV

 

     An annoying beeping sound began to echo in the bedroom early in the morning. Two bodies squirmed annoyingly at the sound and a hand looked for the phone with its alarm going off. TOP opened one eye and he turned off the alarm. Scratching his head, he looked over at GD who was half falling off the bed, and the blanket was just covering up part of his body. TOP covered GD with the blanket and he rolled his eyes, why did he sleep in underwear only last night? TOP watched GD sleep and he smiled at the cute little movements his face made. He stayed like that for a few minutes, and then he got out of bed and went into the shower. TOP changed and wrote GD a note; Ji, I have a photoshoot today. I didn’t want to wake you up, since you looked so peaceful asleep. Don’t eat ramen for breakfast! There is still leftovers from yesterday, eat that. I’ll see you later. ^3^)~~. TOP placed the letter next to his lamp stand, with the back of his palm TOP caressed GD’s face, and he kissed his forehead. Quietly TOP left his bedroom, slowly closing the door behind him, and leaving his house going towards YG Entertainment.

 

TOP entering YG and sees two detectives with two other police officers at the entrance. The detectives are waiting and see TOP enter the building.

 

Detective Ryu: Mr. Choi

TOP: [Looks at the Detective] Call me TOP or Seunghyun [Shakes both the Detectives hands]

Detective Ryu: How are you today?

TOP: [Looks at the Detectives wondering what they’re doing here] Well, thank you. What are you here for?

Detective Lee: We’re here to question Mr. Yang and the staff.

TOP: Question? What’s the questioning for?

Detective Lee: We are investigating the disappearance of Kwon Jiyong.

TOP: [Confused] Disappearance?

Detective Lee: We are looking for him. We have a warrant for his arrest.

TOP: [Eyes widen] Arrest? What are you talking about?

 

Detective Lee looked at TOP and began to question him.

 

Detective Lee: Mr. Choi, when was the last time you saw Kwon Jiyong?

TOP: [Pauses] Are you interrogating me?

Detective Lee: When was the last time you saw Kwon Jiyong?

TOP: [Firmly] A week ago, but afterwards I haven’t seen him again.

Detective Lee: Have you’ve come in contact with him?

TOP: No.

 

A young lady came by and told the Detectives that Yang would receive them in his office. Before they left, TOP made them a question.

 

TOP: Wait, why does Jiyong have a warrant for his arrest?

Detective Ryu: For the of Lee Robyn.

TOP: Whh—hhaa—t, what?

 

The detectives turned around and allowed the young lady show them the way. TOP couldn’t believe what the Detectives said to him and he hurried to find Taeyang. TOP looked everywhere for Taeyang until he finally found him.

 

TOP: Youngbae!

Taeyang: [Startled] Hyung, what is it? What’s wrong?

TOP: Two detectives are here, saying they have an arrest warrant for Jiyong!

Taeyang: I know. They already interrogated Seungri and Daesung.

TOP: Have they talked to you yet?

Taeyang: No, they haven’t. I just got here.

TOP: Then how do you know about all this?

Taeyang: Seungri and Daesung told me. Hyung, we need to tell Jiyong. He can’t be in hiding with you any longer. Robyn seems like she’s doing whatever she can to get him and I can’t seem to put my finger on it, but Hyung Jiyong can’t remain quiet any longer.

TOP: [Nervously] I know! I know! But—but when word gets out, do you imagine the chaos that it will all create? What if something happens to Ji?

Taeyang: Seunghyun, things can get worse. This is a legal matter now and he can’t run away from the law! Seunghyun!

TOP: I know, but—

 

TOP felt uncomfortable with the idea of letting GD out of his house. A selfish feeling came over TOP and he felt as if GD would leave his life.

 

TOP: Youngbae when those detectives come to talk to you, don’t you tell them I have Jiyong living with me, also I’ll try to convince Yang to let Ji come out of hiding.

Taeyang: [Agreeing] Of course. I’ll do that.

 

TOP ran out of YG and drove towards his home.

 

Scene transitions

 

GD’s hands were shaky, but he began to cut vegetables and TOP entered the apartment; he sees GD in the kitchen.

 

GD: [Looks up and notices TOP] Ahh, you’re home.

TOP: [Notices GD’s shaky hands] What are you doing?

GD: Ahh, well you see . . . I actually don’t know [awkward giggle.]

 

TOP receives a text message, he looks at it, it’s from Taeyang, and it says the news of the is all over the internet. It says that Robyn reported it only; also that she lost the baby. The detectives interrogated her sister and it says that Robyn suffered from depression, which she didn’t eat for days. Has Jiyong read the news yet? If he hasn’t, please don’t let him read it.

 

TOP: [Puts his phone away] Jiyong, put the knife down.

GD: No, no, let me take care of this first.

TOP: [Notices how GD is shaking] Are you okay? [Walks towards GD]

GD: Yes, I’m fine. I’m fine.

TOP: Ji, put the knife down.

GD: No, No it’s okay! [Cuts himself] Ahh!

TOP: [Rushes over to GD] See, I told you! Why don’t you ever listen?

 

TOP takes ahold of GD’s hand and puts his cut finger under rushing cold water. Tears began to well up in GD’s eyes; TOP looked at GD, and realized that he probably already read the news. TOP didn’t mention anything; instead he remained silent and took GD’s hand out of the water. TOP raised GD’s hand and he kissed GD’s cut finger. Still holding onto his hand, TOP leaned in close to GD’s face, and kissed the tears on his face. GD looked at TOP and for some reason he could see pain in his eyes. The tip of TOP’s nose pressed against GD’s nose and slowly GD parted open his lips. GD tilted his head to the side and reached up to kiss TOP. TOP turned off the kitchen light and the whole apartment went dark, the only light that shined lightly was the afternoon sunset. The night fell quickly and TOP held GD in his arms. Both lied in bed and TOP gently caressed GD’s arm.

 

TOP: Jiyong, will you be mine forever?

GD: [Doesn’t answer]

TOP: Jiyong? [Looks at him and realizes he’s asleep] Are you really asleep? I guess you are. Jiyong, I have a bad feeling as if something terrible is going to happen. I feel as if I am going to lose you, which is something that I don’t want to happen. How can I protect you? A couple of years have passed and by just watching you I came to see something different in you. At first I couldn’t explain it, then I couldn’t help but look at you, later I just wanted to hold you, and before I knew it I began to love you. How can I explain this? Selfishly, I just want to keep you and never let you go. I don’t want to let you go. How can I let you go? [Tightly holds GD]

 

[End Scene 4]

 

 

ACT IV

    Scene V

 

            The pastel rosy hue painted the sky as the sun began to rise and Jiyong sat on the wooden floor watching the twilight turn into light. In the bedroom TOP lied alone and he shifted uneasily as he felt that GD was no longer in bed. He woke up and looked around the room. GD heard TOP’s soft footsteps as he walked close behind him and TOP sat down quietly.

 

GD: [Whispering] I didn’t her.

TOP: Huh?

GD: I didn’t her!

TOP: [Places his legs between GD and hugged him from behind] I know.

GD: [Cries silently]

TOP: [Places chin on GD’s neck] Ji, I think it’s best to say something.

GD: What? [Separates himself from TOP] What do you mean?

TOP: Let’s tell Yang and have you hold a press conference. Tell your part of the story. This is all false and you are in danger of going to prison. Do you want that?

GD: [Lowers his gaze] What if—but—but what’s going to happen to us?

TOP: [Takes ahold of GD’s hands] Jiyong, there will always be an, us. Whether together or apart, we are one single soul together.

GD: Can’t I just stay here with you?

TOP: [Smiling] No you can’t.

GD: Why not? Don’t you want me?

TOP: More than anything in the world, but first you need to fix this. [Pats GD’s head]

GD: [Nods]

TOP: [Lifts GD’s chin] Come on, skinny love just last the year.

 

GD smiled as TOP quoted the song Skinny Love and TOP kissed GD on the forehead. GD knew his relationship with TOP couldn’t be known by the public, because it would just add for trouble. GD agreed with TOP, he called Yang and told him what TOP suggested. Yang knew it had to be done since law was now involved.

 

TOP: What did Yang say?

GD: [Putting his phone down] He’s going to call the press and also the police, there will be conference tomorrow.

TOP: You don’t sound so satisfied.

GD: I’m not okay with this, but—Hyung I have a bad feeling about this.

TOP: [Hugging GD] Ji, this will all pass. Nothing will happen.

GD: Will you be there with me?

TOP: No. You have to do this yourself. I believe in you. Just think of me the whole time and I’ll be there with you.

 

Scene Transitions

Robyn is in her room biting her fingernails and is not in the right state of mind. Her room is a mess, her hair is a mess, and she hasn’t taken a shower in many days. Robyn is sitting, stops biting her fingernails, and begins combing her hair with her fingers. She’s trembling and whispering to herself. Her eyes are bloodshot red for many nights she didn’t sleep.

 

Robyn: [Shaky] He’s not coming back. He’s not going to love me. I don’t want to lie anymore; please I don’t want to do this anymore.

Imaginary Voices: You need to finish the job if not they’re going after you.

Robyn: No, please! Please! [Covers her ears] Shut up! Please! No more!

Imaginary Voices: You can’t get rid of me. I am forever with you.

Robyn: No! Leave me alone! I don’t want this anymore!

Imaginary Voices: Then do it! You must do it and then I’ll leave.

Robyn: [Wipes away her tears] You’ll go away?

Imaginary Voices: Yes.

Robyn: Okay, I’ll do it! I’ll do it!

Imaginary Voices: Good, now find out where he is.

 

Robyn shrieked as her phone rang and she quickly answered the phone.

 

Robyn: Yes?

Detective Lee: Robyn, this is Detective Lee, Mrs. Robyn.

Robyn: Yes?

Detective Lee: I wanted to inform you that there will be a conference tomorrow and Mr. Kwon Jiyong is holding it, I need you to be present.

Robyn: Yes. [Hangs up] He’s holding a conference. What is he going to say?

Imaginary Voices: He’s going to tell everyone you lied and they’re going to believe him.

Robyn: [Sobbing] What’s going to happen to me?

Imaginary Voices: They’re all going to destroy you and you’ll end up paying the price.

Robyn: No! No! No! I didn’t do anything wrong! They’re all after me and he’s after me! I won’t let it happen!

 

Robyn didn’t see the difference between reality and the fantasy she made up in her mind. Robyn felt as if she was being chased by everyone and that everyone was out to get her; especially GD. Robyn fell in love again, but more than love he became an obsession to her. It was a simple friendship that they both had, but Robyn wanted to erase the hurt her last relationship caused her. Falling in love again was the way for her to let go, but feeling betrayed again caused something to snap in her mind once again and this time Robyn’s sanity was no longer there; Robyn no longer existed.

 

[End Scene Five]

[End ACT Four]