ACT V: Final

Skinny Love

Author's note: Hello! I am so sorry for delaying the final ACT, but I had huge writer's block and I honestly had no idea how to write this last ACT. It's finally finished! i mentioned in the foreword that if you were not comfortable with assisted suicide or even murder do not read it. This fanfiction is not the same as other fanfics. I write differently. I'm sorry if I upset anyone. 

 

ACT V

     Scene I

 

            Haru slowly opened Robyn’s door and saw her sister siting on the floor in the fetal position. Robyn was calm and her breathing finally regulated to normal; to Haru it seemed as if one of Robyn’s episodes has ended. Haru walked into Robyn’s room and kneels down, caressing Robyn’s hair.

 

Haru: Robyn, are you feeling any better?

 

Robyn has a blank face and doesn’t reply to Haru.

 

Haru: Why are you lying, Robyn? It can’t be true; you and I both know that nothing that you’re saying is true. Robyn, I am on your side but you have to tell the truth.

 

A voice in Robyn’s head began to whisper again.

 

Imaginary Voice: Wake up, wake up Robyn.

 

Robyn lifted her swollen eyes up at Haru and noticed her presence.

 

Haru: Robyn [takes out Robyn’s medication] take one of these. It will make you feel better.

 

Robyn’s eyes widen when she sees the medication and shakes her head. She doesn’t want to take the medication.

 

Imaginary Voice: Robyn, take the pill, just don’t swallow. Remember how we used to do it at that terrible place?

 

Robyn opened diligently and Haru gave her the pill with a bottle of water. Robyn placed the pill in and drank the water making it look like she took it.

 

Haru: Open your mouth. [Looks for the pill] Lift your tongue. [Doesn’t see the pill] Now get into bed this will make you feel better, Robyn. Trust me Robyn; I am here to protect you only. I love you Robyn. [Kisses her sister’s forehead and leaves the room]

 

Haru closed the door behind her and walked towards the living area. She sat down on the sofa and she sighed with great apathy. Haru read all the news and she didn’t know whether it were possible to get Robyn out to the country before things got worse. Haru looked the clock, 1:10 A.M., which means it should be around 9 o’clock in the morning in the United States. Haru picked up the phone and dialed a long distance phone number. Robyn slowly walked out of her bedroom and she stood close to the living area, but she was not visible to Haru. She sat on the floor and listened to her sister’s conversation.

 

Haru: [On the phone] Yes hello. Is Dr. Collins in?

Receptionist: Yes, please hold.

Haru: [Waiting and then Dr. Collins answers] Yes, this is Haru Lee. I am the sister of Robyn Lee; she was one of your patients a few years ago.

Dr. Collins: Ah, yes! How may I help you? Is everything alright with Robyn?

Haru: [Trying to hold back tears] My sister is not well and I don’t know what to do anymore.

Dr. Collins: Give me a minute to get her file out. [Takes her file out] Okay please tell me what are her symptoms?

Haru: Robyn, is—she’s talking to herself, she acts as if the whole world is out to get her, she won’t take her medication, and she hasn’t showered. She’s completely disorientated.

Dr. Collins: Hmm, was there something that triggered her to act like that? Did she remember something from the past?

Haru: Doctor, she fell in love again and—they weren’t dating, but they were hanging out and well he just wanted to remain as friends. I don’t understand what could have caused her to snap, because she has begun to lie.

Dr. Collins: Haru I would like you to bring your sister here, so we can treat her before things get out of hand.

Haru: As you know, we moved to South Korea when Robyn got better.

Dr. Collins: Yes, that’s why I need you to talk to the authorities, because Robyn is not stable anymore and I will make the rearrangements to have her transferred here.

Haru: Then tomorrow, they will be here to pick her up and she can go back to the US? [Listening] Okay, I’ll talk to them tomorrow morning and I’ll call you.

 

Haru hung up the phone and Robyn stood up walking back to her bedroom. Robyn lies peacefully in her bed, her eyes swollen, and teary. Robyn didn’t speak a word, but whispers echoed profoundly at her eardrums. Her mind ran wild, but her reason was no longer there. Robyn couldn’t believe her sister wanted to get rid of her, at least that’s how she thought of it, but Haru knew that things only would get worse if Robyn wasn’t under medical care. Robyn had different thoughts and she would work her plan out perfectly.

 

[End Scene One]

 

 

ACT V

    Scene II

 

     TOP fixed GD’s collar as he got ready for the conference.

 

GD: You seriously can’t be with me when I go to the conference?

TOP: [Fixing GD’s collar] Of course not! You have to do this by yourself, anyways I’ll be there, maybe not in person but I’ll be there.

GD: Will you be waiting for me outside of the building?

TOP: [Shaking his head]

GD: Then? You plan on abandoning me?

TOP: No I don’t. [Cups GD’s face and kisses both of his cheeks] I’m going to wait for you here, like I have for many years.

GD: You’ve waited for me before?

TOP: Yes, I have. I waited for you to say something to me and I’m still waiting.

GD: [Curious] What is it?

TOP: I can’t tell you. You need to figure it out on your own.

 

TOP began to get ready himself and as he took off his shirt GD’s eyes swiftly gazed upon TOP’s bare skin. Suddenly his cheeks stained with tears and TOP noticed them.

 

TOP: What’s wrong?

GD: I don’t know, suddenly I felt as if my whole world was crumbling down and I lost everything.

TOP: What do you mean?

GD: [Looks up at TOP] You, you’re my world.

TOP: [Smiles and wipes GD’s tears away] Listen, you will not lose me, ever. No matter what I’ll always be with you.

GD: And after this conference? What’s going to happen to us?

TOP: I told you to last the year, didn’t I?

GD: [Solemn look] So that means we won’t be together and you’re going back to your old self?

TOP: After what we went through these past few days? After holding you, touching you, and after having you? No, no I don’t think so. [Hugging GD] I’m never letting you go; even if you tired running away I wouldn’t let you go. You’re mine, mine and only mine.

GD: I’m yours.

TOP: Ji, our love is different than others. It’s been growing for years, but we didn’t realize until now. Out love is a special kind, it’s precious, so precious.

 

GD parts from TOP’s embrace, looking into TOP’s dark eyes, and he bites his lips. TOP leans in and kisses GD.

 

Transition Scene

            Robyn lied in bed peacefully asleep and Haru opened her sister’s door. Looking to see if she was awake or asleep, happily, Haru found Robyn asleep just like she wanted her to be. Haru slowly closed the door and walked out of the apartment. The door closed and Robyn opened her eyes. Her eyes were expressionless and she walked out of her room. The morning shined upon her face and she squinted at the sight of the light she has not once seen in many days. She slowly walked towards her sister’s room, looking for a black glove box, and she looked underneath Haru’s bed finding the box. It was locked, in a deranged manner Robyn looked for the key, destroying Haru’s room. She finally found the key and opened the box; it was a gun. Robyn took ahold of the gun and filled its round with one bullet. She held the gun towards her head and closed her eyes. Tears stained her cheeks as she closed her eyes, but she brought the gun down and walked back to her room.

 

Transition Scene

 

TOP: [Driving] Now, you’re going to be late. Aish, why do you have to bite your lip and look at me that way?

GD: Because I know you like it.

TOP: Not at times like these! Now you’re going to be late.

GD: I rather not go.

TOP: You have too.

 

They arrived and GD didn’t let go of TOP’s hand. TOP let go of GD’s grip, reaches over, and opens the door for him.

 

TOP: Hurry they’re waiting for you.

GD: [Nervous]

TOP: You’re innocent, now go prove it. I’ll be right here waiting for you.

 

GD nodded and got out of the car. He began to cross the street; he turned around once and saw TOP smiling at him. GD began to walk again and Robyn stood at the cross walk, expressionless. Robyn dropped her purse, exposing the gun and she pointed it at GD. TOP smiled as he saw GD, but it was time for him to go. TOP started his vehicle and as he looked up he saw Robyn holding a gun.

 

TOP: Robyn?

 

TOP notices the gun and looks at GD whom she was pointing at.

 

TOP: Jiyong! [Shouting] Jiyong!

 

TOP runs out of his car towards GD. Calling his name, TOP ran to GD as fast as he could, and GD turned around. . .

 

Bam . . .

 

GD’s breath was cut short as he heard the gun go off. TOP held GD in close and hugged him tightly. GD’s heart pounded loudly and he saw Robyn holding a gun pointing straight at him. Nothing made sense, his heart pounded at his ears and it blocked his hearing. TOP still held GD and didn’t let him go. Robyn breath came quick and her body began shaking. She dropped the gun and ran away. The busy street fell quiet and everyone was confused, no one knew what was going on; until GD decided to hug TOP. GD began to feel his left side of abdomen wet and cold feeling made his heart rate spike. GD’s hands went around TOP’s waist and he felt it again, that wet feeling. GD lifted his hands and saw what he wished he didn’t see. TOP’s leg felt weak at the knee. GD let out a heavy scream at the sight of the blood stained on his hands and he tugged at TOP’s shirt. TOP’s knee gave in and he fell to the ground and GD fell to the ground with him. Bloody sobs escaped from GD’s mouth and he trembled as he saw the blood seep through TOP’s shirt.

 

TOP: The bullet didn’t pierce through. It didn’t hit you . . . thank God.

 

TOP’s brow began to sweat and his breath became ragged. TOP looked into GD’s frightened eyes and he tried to play his part in acting fine, but he was losing a lot of blood. TOP began to feel weak and he looked at GD’s horrified face. TOP’s ears filled with fear as he heard GD’s cries. TOP took ahold of GD’s bloody hands.

 

TOP: [Smiles softly] Don’t cry  . . .

GD: [Eyes filled with tears] No, lee—t me  . . .  let me . . . he—lp you. [Sobbing madly]

TOP: Ji, look at me . . .

 

GD, with trembling hands takes out his cellphone and calls for help, but before he could make the call TOP takes the phone away from him.

 

TOP: Jiyong, look at me!

GD: [Sobbing] Why won’t you let me save you?

 

People began to hear GD’s sobbing and small crowds of curious people recognized GD and TOP. People didn’t know what was going on, but some began to take video. GD noticed this and savagely screamed at them.

 

GD: STOP IT! Get away all of you!

 

GD’s cries echoed and a person called the police.

 

Scene Transition

 

Haru opened the door and two nurses walked in with her.

 

Haru: [To nurses] She’s asleep. I gave her, her medication and she fell right asleep. Her room is this way.

 

Haru showed the nurses to Robyn’s room, but Robyn was not there. Haru quickly began to worry and noticed her room door opened. The black box was on her bed, but the gun was missing. Haru quickly called Detective Lee.

 

Haru: Detective Lee! This is Haru, I have an emergency.

Detective Lee: Miss. Haru, Robyn still has not arrived to the conference. She needs to be present.

Haru: [Panicking] She’s unstable! She has schizophrenia! She’s gone missing!

Detective Lee: What do you mean, she’s mentally ill?

Haru: I can’t find her. She’s missing and she has my gun! She’s unstable; she could hurt herself or worse hurt someone!

 

Detective Lee called the police station and gave the description for the search of Robyn. A swarm of reporters pressured Detective Lee for answers as to why GD hasn’t arrived for the conference; little did they know GD was only a block away.

 

Scene Transition

 

GD: No, no, no! [Holds TOP’s hands tightly]

TOP: Jiyong, listen to me. Listen to me closely.

 

GD tried to stop crying, but the tears wouldn’t stop flowing.

 

TOP: [Caresses GD’s face] Jiyong, I need you to be strong. I need you to live happily, if anything happens to—

GD: No, No! No! Don’t say anything!

TOP: Ji, listen to me . . . [smirks] “Come on skinny love, what happened here” I need you to stop crying everything will be alright.

GD: [Crying] You told me to last the year and I need you to stay here with me. You can’t leave me. You can’t leave me!

TOP: I am never going to leave you . . .

 

TOP’s body grew weak and he held GD’s hands tightly. In the distance echoed sirens of police vehicles and an ambulance. TOP’s eyes opened and closed slowly, he looked at GD.

 

TOP: [Coughs] Ji, come close please.

 

GD leans in, looking straight into TOP’s dark eyes that suddenly became a vast dark ocean of tears.

 

TOP: [Places one hand on GD’s face] Please, promise me that you will live. Promise me that you will be happy. Please promise.

GD: [Sobbing]

TOP: Promise me!

GD: I promise, love.

 

The ambulance came and police officers began to get GD off TOP.

GD: [Pushing the officers off] No! NO! Get off of me!

TOP: [Grips on GD and leans him in] Jiyong, I’ll always be with you. I love you. [Gently brushes his lips against GD’s and pushes him away]

 

The words struck him in the heart like a dagger and that pain would remain forever. I love you. I love you. His voice echoed in GD’s ears and he saw the paramedics quickly begin to treat TOP. The paramedics tried to stop the bleeding and GD widened his eyes as he saw that TOP was slowly slipping away.

 

GD: [Sobbing loudly] What are you doing?! Let him go!

 

The officers held GD tightly as he struggled to get to TOP. TOP’s eyes looked up at GD for he was the last person he wanted to see and slowly his eyes closed shut.

 

GD: NO! NO! TOP OPEN YOUR EYES! [Sobbing loudly]

 

The paramedics took out defibrillator trying to bring him back. GD’s heart stopped as he saw TOP’s chest rise with every electrical shock they gave him.

 

GD: STOP IT! STOP IT! DON’T TOUCH HIM ANYMORE! PLEASE STOP IT! CANT YOU SEE THAT YOU’RE HURTING HIM!! YOU’RE KILLING HIM! LET HIM GO!

 

GD’s sobs echoed through everyone’s ears and his screams were so loud that some people even covered their ears at the painful sound that escaped his lips. The paramedics shook their heads and picked up all their things. They came out with a body bag and GD screamed. The officers let him go and he dropped himself next to TOP’s body.

 

GD: [Holding TOP, sobbing] Wake up! No! No! Wake up please! I love you too! Please you can’t leave me! Please don’t leave me! Seunghyun wake up! Seunghyun wake up, please wake up!! [Sobbing in hysteria] WAKE UP! SEUNGHYUN! SEUNGHYUN! SEUNGHYUN! AHHH, SEUNGHYUN!

 

That morning there was a sepulchral silence around them, but GD’s cries echoed and they would haunt the people who heard him for the rest of their lives.

 

(End Scene Two)

 

 

ACT V

    Scene III

 

            Haru was biting her nails anxiously and Detective Lee, accompanied by other officers, stayed with Haru waiting to see of Robyn would come back. She did. Robyn enters the apartment, still emotionless. Haru stood, walking towards her sister, but Haru walked without noticing anyone and she sat next to her mirror in her room. Haru and detective Lee watched her from her room.

 

Robyn: [Combing her hair with her fingers] I failed. I didn’t . . . I’m sorry.

Haru: [Walks in the room] Robyn, where did you go?

Robyn: I told them no, no I couldn’t because Jiyong was my friend and I loved him, but . . .

Haru: [Confused] But what?

Robyn: But he got in the way and I killed him instead . . . [Turning around and looks at Haru] They made me do it! They told me if I did it they would go away and . . . [looks around as if she’s looking for someone] and . . . and . . . you hear that silence, they’re gone!

 

Robyn runs over to Haru and hugs her. In the meantime Detective Lee receives a phone call letting him know that TOP was killed.

 

Detective Lee: Haru, Choi Seunghyun has been killed.

Haru: [Shocked, let’s go of Robyn] Robyn, where’s the gun you took?

Robyn: [Twitches and pushes Haru away from her]

Haru: Robyn? Robyn, where is the gun?

Detective Lee: Miss. Robyn did you kill Choi Seunghyun?

Robyn: [Shaking her head] No! No!

Haru: Robyn you killed him?

Robyn: [The voice came back] No! Go away I did what you told me to do! GO AWAY!

 

Robyn’s hands went to her to head and Haru tried to calm her down, but she couldn’t be calmed.

 

Imaginary Voices: You killed the wrong man, now we’ll never go away. We’ll be here forever!

Robyn: [Screaming] NO! GO AWAY! LEAVE ME ALONE!

 

Robyn looked at Haru and a light shined next to her; TOP stood next to her.

 

TOP (Hallucination): Why did you kill me, Robyn? Why?

Robyn: [Panicking at the sight of TOP] NO! GO AWAY! I KILLED YOU! GO AWAY!

Haru: Robyn, who are you talking too? [Walks over to her sister, but Robyn pushes her away]

Robyn: GO AWAY!

Detective Lee: [Quickly takes hold of Haru and takes her out of the bedroom, then directed towards the officers] Call for back up!

Robyn: NO! SHUT UP! YOU’RE NOT HERE! SHUT UP! [Robyn gets in the fetal position covering her ears trying to block out the voices from her head]

 

Haru cried as she saw what her sister has become and she could only blame herself.

 

Detective Lee: [Locks Robyn’s door]

Robyn: What are you doing? I need to be with her in this moment, my sister needs me.

Detective Lee: Robyn isn’t in there anymore! [Upset] It was your obligation to tell me she was ill! Now a person is dead!

Haru: I didn’t know she had stopped taking her medication until she started faking the pregnancy.

Detective Lee: What?! Everything she said was a lie?

Haru: [Tries to speak, but Detective Lee is furious]

Detective Lee: Everything was a lie?! Haru it was your obligation to tell me all these things! Do you realize that I could arrest you and you will pay for all her crimes? We wasted days of work and even charged an innocent man or ! Why didn’t you say something?!

Haru: I WAS SCARED! [Crying] I lost my parents too, but I couldn’t even grief properly because I remained strong for Robyn. I raised her and I held too jobs to put her through school, I couldn’t even go to school. I paid for her medical expenses when she was diagnosed with schizophrenia and I tried my best to help her. I tried my best to raise her, but I was too scared. I was scared.

Detective Lee: [Places a firm hand on her shoulder] I understand. It must have been hard and you had no one to lean on, but this could have been prevented.

 

Haru cries as she’s tormented with guilt. Robyn was arrested and taken to a psychiatric hospital. Later she would be given a psychological evaluation, too see if she would be competent to be interrogated; later to stand trial.

 

(End Scene Three)

 

     

ACT V

    Scene VI

 

     Seven days and seven nights have passed and on the eighth day, melancholy bells rang, and TOP’s funeral began. Thousands of people around the world mourned his passing and hundreds of people filled the streets to watch the black vehicle that carried the body of Choi Seunghyun. The streets were filled with white roses and candle lights, at night time they flickered like thousands of stars that were sent from the heaven above. As the vehicle passed people threw white flowers into the street and even though the funeral was private, people gathered to mourn his passing, but kept their distance. Before the coffin was placed into the ground GD kissed the top of the coffin and placed a rose. He didn’t cry, he didn’t speak, he only wondered, like the living dead. Once the funeral ended GD wondered off and Taeyang wanted to follow him, but someone stopped him.

 

Kiko: Let him go. He needs to be alone.

Taeyang: [Watching GD walk down a trail away from the cemetery] He hasn’t even cried. I need to be with him right now.

Kiko: He will find his own grief soon, but alone.

 

Taeyang sighed and tears fell from his eyes. Not only did TOP’s death affect him, but he cried for the suffering his friend was going through and he didn’t know how he could help him.

 

Kiko: He loved him you know.

Taeyang: We all did.

Kiko: No, I mean GD. He loved Seunghyun in a different way.

Taeyang: What?

Kiko: The day I left him . . .

Taeyang: [Looks at Kiko for they were all given a different story] You left Jiyong? He took the blame for your breakup!

Kiko: [Ignoring Taeyang’s outburst] The day I left him I told him he was in love with someone else and that someone was Seunghyun. Whether he understood that feeling or not, but it was there. It was a feeling that was hidden inside him, but he just couldn’t come to understand it. Every time Seunghyun entered the room GD’s automatically drew his attention to him, forgetting all about me. It was as if I wasn’t even around. Just the sole presence of him would make Jiyong produce this smile, a smile that he never gave me. There was always this flicker in his eyes when he was serious and just staring out into the open, I knew that every time his eyes shined it was because Seunghyun was on his mind. Jiyong and I have a great friendship, but he needed to find the love he truly felt so I let him go. The day I told him that he was in love with TOP he didn’t believe me, so I told him to figure it out by himself but Robyn came into the picture after that.

Taeyang: If Jiyong truly loved Seunghyun then—then he’s suffering a lot more than anyone could imagine.

Kiko: They’re star-crossed lovers. They were doomed for tragedy from the start.

 

Taeyang looked at Kiko when she said they were doomed for tragedy and to him it was as if she was cursing them already, but that wasn’t what Kiko meant at all. GD wondered alone, trying to comprehend that TOP was no longer with him. The sky turned gloomy into a color of grey, but a light that no one could see followed GD closely behind. A brightened face, dressed in white, and his hands folded behind him. He walked closely behind GD and never left his side. GD sat on a bench and that same light sat next to him. GD’s gaze was low and blue, and the light placed a gentle hand on GD’s head. GD felt a presence as if someone was there and he looked to his side, where no one was there. But the light he could see looked at him and gentle kissed his forehead before disappearing. GD took out his phone, more than five calls from Taeyang, but he didn’t answer them. Rather, he went through his photos and smiled a painful smile as he went through pictures of TOP together with him. He played a video that he took two weeks ago, when he was living peacefully with his love. Hearing his voice, seeing him laugh and seeing his smile was something GD would hear or see again. As he watched the video, finally a tear fell from his right eye and the rest from his left. They say that the first tears fall from the right are from happiness and the rest are just from pain. GD turned off his phone and wiped away his tears, for he decided to go and visit someone. GD walked into the psychiatric hospital where Robyn was being treated and he requested to visit her.

 

GD: [To the nurse] May I see Lee Robyn; I was told she was here.

Nurse: [Looks up Robyn’s name in the computer] I’m sorry sir, but Lee Robyn is not allowed to have any visitors.

GD: And why not?

Nurse: She is incompetent sir. She’s not mentally stable to even be around people.

 

A doctor came to the nurse’s desk with paperwork and GD stood there disappointed.

 

Doctor: [To nurse] Do Rim please file these, I just finished another treatment with Robyn.

GD: [To Doctor] You’re Robyn’s Doctor? Lee Robyn?

Doctor: Yes I am.

GD: I need to see her, please let me see her.

Doctor: Mr. Kwon with all due respect, but I don’t think it’s appropriate for you to see her and I don’t think it would be good for her to see you either.

GD: [Anxious] Please. I have to see her.

Doctor: Why are you so anxious to see her?

GD: Because I need to know why.

Doctor: Okay, I’ll let you see her.

 

The Doctor walks GD to Robyn’s cell and GD was shocked at the small room she was in.

 

GD: Why is she in a cell?

Doctor: She’s a criminal. She will remain here until she is competent to stand trial and then she’ll be shipped off to America where she will be treated.

GD: What’s wrong with her?

Doctor: She suffers from Schizophrenia. Robyn developed it during her teen years.

 

GD got close to the door and he opened a little window where he could see what was inside. Robyn sat on a hospital bed staring blankly at the concrete wall and GD’s eyes welled up with tears.

 

GD: I’ll meet her now.

 

In a small room, Robyn sat cuffed with two nurses standing behind her just in case she had an episode. GD entered the room and Robyn didn’t look up, her gaze was low and dark. As GD sat down he noticed bruises and bite marks on her arms that were all self-inflicted.

 

GD: [Finally speaks] Robyn? Robyn it’s me Jiyong. Can you look at me?

Robyn: [Looks up at GD] Jiyong? Jiyong, my love, you came to see me.

GD: Yes Robyn I did. How do you feel?

Robyn: Really bad. They keep giving me this medication and it makes me feel worse, but it keeps them away.

GD: Them?

Robyn: [Whispering] Shhhh, shhh, shhh, don’t wake them up. If you do they’ll make me do bad things. . .

GD: Robyn, why did you do those bad things?

Robyn: [Shaking her head] No! No, I didn’t do anything! They did it all. They told me to do it, but a part of me told me too . . . because . . . you can only love me now.

 

GD stood and slowly walked away.

 

Robyn: You’ll love only me! ME!

 

GD left the hospital and Robyn was sent back to her room. She sat on the bed, staring at that blank wall. Robyn scratched her arms over and over again, until she ripped her skin. Small whispers formed in her mind and she put her hands on her head trying to block the voices, but they only grew louder and louder. Tears fell from her eyes and sobs escaped . They all hate me, she repeated over and over again. They all hate me.

 

Imaginary Voices: Robyn, Robyn. . . It’s time to go. Let’s go. It’s your turn.

 

Robyn stopped crying and twirled her bed sheets in her hands. Robyn chocked herself and with her last breath she falls on her bed. Robyn looked like she was sleeping a beautiful sleeping beauty.

 

The night fell quickly and GD got the call that Robyn committed suicide. He walked against a bridge that night and his hands held tightly against the rim. GD screamed out into the open and saw the dark cold water holding a smooth course like a beating drum. GD hit is chest and crimpled up at the pain.

 

GD: I’m going to you. I’m going to be with you.

 

GD stepped over the railing, but before his hands could let go TOP’s voice echoed in his ears, Live . . . promise me . . .

 

GD: [shouts] I promised! I promise you . . .

 

GD decided to not give up his promise and live his life, but a man saw GD standing over the rail and he ran towards him.

 

Man: Hey! What are you doing up there? Get down!

 

The man attempts to bring GD back over the bridge, but GD struggles to get the man off him. GD slips off the railing and he falls. GD screams and the panics.

 

Man: No! NO! What have I done? [Takes out cellphone] Police! There’s—I—I accidently—Help! A man! He! I! Help! Please! Help!

 

The man couldn’t speak, but he finally told the operator what happened. A patrol unit was sent out into the water to find GD and when they did the back of his head was bleeding. Although, he was revived, and he was sent to the hospital alive, that didn’t necessarily mean he was all that alive.

 

(End Scene Four)

 

 

ACT V

    Scene V: Final

 

            Beep, beep, beep, went the monitor and the nurse finished setting up the patient that lied in a hospital bed. All his loved ones sat waiting for the doctor to tell them the news. The doctor came out.

 

Doctor: Kwon Jiyong’s family?

 

Everyone stood up.

 

Doctor: I’m sorry to inform you that Kwon Jiyong is brain-dead.

Taeyang: No!

Doctor: The trauma was caused as he fell into the water. He could have easily hit his head on a rock. Bleeding out and also loosing oxygen, there was a lot of damage done to the brain. I’m sorry; he’s on life support right now. I’m sorry.

Taeyang: [Holding in his tears] Can we see him?

Doctor: Yes, the nurse will show you the way.

 

The nurse took Taeyang, Seungri, and Daesung to the room where GD was in. As Taeyang entered the room and saw GD lying there he automatically stopped, and Seungri walked up to GD.

 

Seungri: [Trying to wake GD up] Hyung, what’s wrong? Why are you like this? [Tugging at his arm, sobbing] Wake up, Hyung! Why won’t you wake up?! Hyung!! [Sobbing]

 

Daesung lowered his head and silently cried. Taeyang still didn’t turn to see GD, he covered his mouth in order not to cry out loud, and he fell to his knees as he heard Seungri’s painful cries.

 

            A month later, nothing was the same, but the sun still shined brightly. Haru returned to America along with Robyn’s body and she was buried next to her parents. GD remained on life support and Taeyang, Seungri, and Daesung visited him every day. One day Taeyang came to the hospital alone with a heavy heart.

 

Taeyang: Hyun, I’m here. Today I came alone. [Choking on tears] I wanted to tell you that nothings the same without you and Seunghyun. I miss you, I miss you both. Every day goes by and it’s as if you’re already gone, but in reality you are, we are just selfishly keeping you here. I don’t want you to let you go, but I’ll never hear your voice again or see your smile. You won’t ever open your eyes again and it’s too painful to see you here like this. We have to let you go, I have to let you go. [Crying] Hyun, I love you, but goodbye.

 

The three of them decided to turn GD off and when that day came a light walked in through the door. Dressed in white satin, he stood over GD and placed a gentle hand on his cheek. He smiled; placing a small card on the table next to GD. Taeyang, Seungri, and Daesung said their goodbyes and the doctor turned off the monitor. GD’s heart went flat and Seungri let out a sob. Daesung took Seungri out of the room and Taeyang stayed for a second before walking out. As he turned around he felt a force that told him to turn around. As he did a small breeze blew into the room and the card appeared. Taeyang took a hold of the paper and read the words written in golden ink. He cried and smiled. He didn’t understand how it was possible, but he knew TOP was there. We’re going home. Thank you, C. Seunghyun. Taeyang made a small prayer and walked out of the room. The light was TOP and TOP was the light that watched over GD.

 

TOP: Let’s go home, my love.

 

TOP kissed GD’s cold lips and then slowly lifted his face away from him. TOP stretched out his hand and a white light took a hold of his hand. GD left his body behind and he stood in front of the person he loves.

 

TOP: [Smiling] Let’s go.

 

GD nodded his head and two bright lights, hand in hand, walked out of the hospital disappearing into the heavens. They say that a soul is born in heaven and split into two twin spirits, who then are born into two different bodies and just like magnetic forces they are brought back together to make one. Not even death could separate those two souls that became one.

 

TOP: I told you our love is precious, so precious that it was too great to live in this world. I love you, Kwon Jiyong.

GD: And I love you, Choi Seunghyun.

 

[FIN]