ACT I: Scene I and II

Skinny Love

ACT I

     Scene I:

 

            We begin our scene at a bar in South Korea. It is very lively, stars, and co-workers of YG Entertainment are there for a night out. On the dance floor CL and Taeyang are dancing along with Minizy. Seungri and Daesung are at the bar talking with fellow co-workers and they are laughing with great enthusiasm. On the other side of the bar GD is flirting with a date he’s been seeing for over a month now. Her name is Robyn and she is a new actress. Everyone was having a good time, except TOP who was sitting alone at a table. He started at GD with great discomfort as he noticed how his body language with Robyn was very intimate. TOP looked in another direction and noticed CL and Taeyang walking towards him.

 

TOP: [Looks up at Taeyang and CL.] Having fun?

Taeyang: Yes, but it doesn’t seem like you. You haven’t even ordered anything to drink.

TOP: I guess I am just tired. [Quickly glances at GD and brings his gaze back down.] I best be      

         getting home.

Taeyang: [Looks at his clock] But it is barely ten o’clock.

TOP: [Sighs as he stands up] No, I am tired and I don’t feel well.

CL: Seunghyun, stay with us a couple more hours, we barely get to see each other. [Puppy face]  

       Please?

 

TOP begins to giggle as CL clings onto his arm and begs him to stay. GD looks over to TOP and he sees him laughing with CL and Taeyang. A strange rush of heat rose up into his chest and he felt a knot tighten up. Frowning at the sight of TOP smiling at CL, GD turns and looks away. Robyn notices a face of discomfort and she looks at what GD was seeing.

 

Robyn: Oppa? [Searching for GD’s face] Are you okay?

GD: Hmm? [Realizes Robyn is talking to him] Oh, uh, yeah I’m fine.

Robyn: You’ve been staring at TOP for a very long time already

GD: [Glances back at TOP’s smiling face] Hmm, have I? [Looks back at Robyn] Want me to

        introduce you?

Robyn: [Excited] Yes! But introduce me to everyone!

 

GD takes Robyn by her small slender hand and walks her over to the table where TOP, CL, and Taeyang are standing. Everyone is all smiles, but when GD arrives with Robyn, TOP’s smile disappears and he glances down at their hands folded perfectly together.

 

 

GD: [Smiling] I would like to introduce you to someone, but CL can you please get everyone to     

        sit at the table?

 

CL brought everyone who came at the table and all their attention was drawn to Robyn.

 

GD: Everyone, I’d like you to meet Robyn, Lee Robyn.

 

Robyn was beautiful; more than beautiful you could say she’s gorgeous. Everyone said hello and all the guys at the table began to show interest in her. She got question after question and she answered in the shyest way, that it was cute to everyone around her. T.O.P looked at her and thought, wow she’s gorgeous. He looked at the way her big light brown eyes squinted as she smiled and how they sparkled as the dimmed light shined on them. He noticed her white pearls as she smiled so brightly and her beautiful red hair, which had loose curls, caressing her neck and the top of her chest ever so preciously. When she smiled shyly her cheeks would create two small creators and T.O.P touched his cheek remembering that he has dimples as well. He then glanced at GD and noticed the smile he had on his face. Those long white pearls sparkled and so did his eyes as he gently captured the image of a jewel that sat next to him.

 

Taeyang: [Directed towards TOP] Hyung? [Again] Hyung? [They called once more] BIG

                SEUNGHYUN!

 

Everyone’s’ eyes were on TOP as he returned from his daze.

 

TOP: [Embarrassed] I think I should leave already.

GD: [Stands quickly, concerned] Hyung?

TOP: [Directed towards everyone] I’m not feeling well and I think it’s time for me to leave.

GD: [Quickly walks towards TOP leaving Robyn behind] Hyung, let’s go home, I’ll drive you

        home. You can’t go alone.

TOP: [Blushes]

Robyn: [Interrupts TOP before he could even speak] Oppa . . . you’re leaving? You promised

             you’d take me home.

 

GD looks at Robyn with a sympathetic face for having to break his promise, but his friend came first.

 

TOP: [Sighs of frustration] Stay here, Jiyong. I don’t need your help.

GD: [Brushes it off as a joke] Aww come on stop kidding around and let me take you home.

       [Taking ahold of his arm.]

TOP: [Shaking off his arm] STOP IT, Jiyong! I can take myself home.

GD: [Fooling around] STOP being so grumpy! Anyways you can’t do anything alone.

TOP: I don’t need your help! I’m not in the mood for you and I’m not in the mood for any of

          your stupid games! Just—just leave me alone.

 

GD flinched at TOP’s harsh words and he felt as if he was stabbed in the chest.

TOP walks out the bar without saying another word.

 

Seungri: [Whispers in Taeyang’s ear] I think you should follow him and take him home.

Taeyang: [Nods head] Okay I will.

 

Taeyang took ahold of his jacket and put it over his shoulders. He patted GD on the back telling him not to worry about TOP and that he didn’t mean anything that he said, but GD just nodded his head. A familiar figure approached the door; it was Kiko.

 

Kiko: Why does TOP look upset? I passed by him and he acted as if he didn’t recognize me.

Taeyang: Kiko, just in time! Please watch over GD, he’s acting all strong right now, but TOP

                just lashed out on him.

 

As Taeyang ran out the door, Kiko approached GD and Robyn’s jealousy began to boil, but she remained calm as long as she could.

 

Kiko: [placing a hand on GD’s shoulder] What happened?

GD: [Shaking his head] I don’t know.

Kiko: But Ji, look at your face. You look as if someone took the life out of you.

GD: Well, that’s how I feel. I feel as if my soul had been out! [Walked away from Kiko]

Kiko: [Tries to stop him] Wait!

GD: [Ignoring Kiko] Come on Robyn, I’ll take you home now.

 

Robyn stands up and takes GD’s hand as he reached for her. She shrugged her shoulders and put a half smile as she passed Kiko. Maybe I just annoyed him, GD wondered.

 

[End, Scene One]

 

 

ACT I

    Scene II

    

     The cold wind blew against TOP’s face making his cheeks turn bright red. TOP was motionless as he stood in front of his car, he felt his eyes heavy as they began to burn, and he slowly closed them. Taeyang saw TOP and walked slowly towards him. TOP felt Taeyang’s presence and wiped his eyes before he could see that he was crying, but Taeyang knew he was crying.

 

Taeyang: Hyung?

TOP: [Quickly wipes his eyes] You want to drive, right? [Tosses the keys to Taeyang] Then

         drive me home.

 

Taeyang caught the keys and started the car. The whole drive was quiet and Taeyang would shift uncomfortably in his seat. The light of the city illuminated the sky blocking TOP’s view of the stars and as he forced his eyes to see if there at least was one star, but there wasn’t. TOP rolled down his window, sticking his hand out, and feeling the cold wind hit his palm. His hand became red against the cold and as he placed it back inside, on his lap it became numb against the warmth of his leg. Taeyang pulled up in the driveway and opened the garage door.

 

Taeyang: [Turning off the vehicle] Hyung, we are here.

TOP: [Sitting quietly in his seat]

Taeyang: Hyung?

TOP: [He finally spoke] Don’t you think it’s too early for Jiyong-ah to be dating again.

Taeyang: [Looking at TOP confused] What?

TOP: I said, don’t you think it’s a little too early for Jiyong to be dating again?

Taeyang: Umm, well it’s been about a year since he left Kiko, but I don’t think he will be dating  

                Robyn. I think he’s just going to be her friend, I mean she is a new celebrity and

                Jiyong isn’t that reckless.

TOP: Come on, [exhaled deeply] a gorgeous girl like that who wouldn’t go for her?

Taeyang: She is gorgeous, isn’t she? Aish, Jiyong-hyung is always lucky with the beautiful girls

                wouldn’t you say?

 

 TOP opened his door abruptly and walked into his house; Taeyang then followed behind.

 

TOP: You can take the car and come for me early in the morning or spend the night; either or

           this house is pretty lonely. The guest bedroom is that way, [he pointed towards the guest

          bedroom.] 

Taeyang saw how TOP threw his coat and scarf on a chair and he did the same. Taeyang looked around the clean and decorative home; he wondered, I wonder if it’s true that he has 30 chairs. Taeyang made his way into the guest bedroom, oh look there’s a chair in here, and he smiled greatly. Getting comfortable he made his way into the bed and said to himself, everyone else stayed at the party and I’m going to bed early.

            TOP closed the doors behind him and began to his shirt. Taking off all his clothes, he rushed himself into the shower and let the hot water run down his body. TOP stood there letting the steam soak into his skin and he rubbed his eyes. I can’t let this get to me, he repeated over and over again in his mind. I will not lose my sense of control. I won’t let it happen. TOP turned off the shower and placed a white cotton towel around his waist. He sat on his bed and the water trickled down his face. He then laid down, closing his eyes and then opening them again but in a slow manner.

 

TOP: I cannot let this happen . . . I cannot be in love with Jiyong.

 

[End Scene Two]