02.

Smile for me

Bored. It was the constant state that Yixing found himself in almost every day.

When he had first been placed in the room the doctor had given him a button that he could just push whenever he needed something, then a nurse would show up ready to help. At first he would just call to get someone to help him to the bathroom but sooner than later he found out how boring staying in a hospital could be, so he started using it more frequently.

Most days he would listen to music on Luhan’s music player that he had been nice enough to let him have while he stayed there, so now he would push the button to have someone set it up for him, and on the days he couldn’t just stay still he would push the button and ask to be taken out for a walk.

But that day he didn’t feel like pressing his button and find something to entertain himself with. Yes, he was bored. But if he was honest with himself, he was also a little excited. He didn’t get much visits since his parents couldn’t visit every day since they had taken more shifts at work in order to pay their son’s increasing hospital bill, his friends had to go to school so they couldn’t visit much either, and Minseok couldn’t be with him all day, he had to work after all. So the thought of having someone in a similar situation than his that could make him company and that he could talk to was a sort of easing.

A group of nurses had been there earlier arranging the room to make space for the new patient and now it was just he, himself and his itch. Damned bandages. He wanted nothing but to rip them off. He was in the middle of massaging his face softly with his hands in a vain attempt to decrease the itch when he heard the door creaking open.

 

“Leave your face alone, Yixing. You’re gonna end up hurting yourself”

 

“But Minnie” he whined “I’m itchy”

 

For Minseok it was always quite a sight to witness Yixing pouting. With all the bandages on his face the only thing he could see was his lips, but Minseok could tell that underneath it all Yixing looked cute.

 

“Stop it with the pouting. We have a guest.”

 

Yixing could hear a second pair of footsteps making way to the other bed across the room.

 

“Hi, nice to meet you. I’m Junmyeon.”

 

“Hi. I’m Yixing” he said almost whispering. He was a little worried that Junmyeon might be freaked out by how he looked.

 

“Well, I gotta check on other patients so I’ll leave you two alone.”

 

Yixing could tell that Minseok was still a bit jumpy. He wanted to ask him if he could get his music player for him but he didn’t know if Junmyeon would be okay with having some background music and he didn’t want to come off as someone rude.

 

“So… Yixing, right?... uh… how old are you?” he said as soon as he heard the door being closed.

 

Junmyeon really didn’t know what to say. He knew that asking the other about why was he there would be rude and akward, so he was just trying to play it safe with some standard questions.

 

“Seventen, and you?”

 

“Eighteen. Wait, is your last name Zhang?”

“Yes, why? Do we know each other?”

 

“Sort of. You go to SM High, right? We have Literature together.”

 

“I don’t know. Your name doesn’t ring any bell. Sorry.”

“How about Suho? That’s what my friends usually call me.”

“Oh yes. I know you. You sit on the left corner, on the very back.”

 

Yixing haven’t really thought much about the kid in the corner of his Literature class. The only things he knew about him was that he was always found with his friends Kai and Chanyeol. The first time he saw him was in freshmen year and Yixing remember very clearly that he had thought that Suho had a beautiful smile, but other than that he really didn’t know the guy.

 

“Yeah, that’s me.” Yixing couldn’t see it but Suho was smiling.

 

Maybe Yixing barely recognized him, but Junmyeon did know Yixing. He knew that Yixing was part of the music club but he also liked to dance, he was friends with another Chinese guy who kinda looked like a deer and a shorty with big eyes who reminded him of an owl, he was always kind and he had the cutest smile Junmyeon had ever seen.

 

Oh yeah, Junmyeon knew exactly who Yixing was.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't gonna upload this this soon but the subscriptions got me excited.

Yes, I know there are only 8 of you but still *squealing*