{Lay}

Picturesque
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was past two pm when Yixing went to his Aunt Lu for a visit.  It was his daily routine, yet he never gets tired of doing it. 

He was standing outside her door, tracing the carvings with his eyes. He had been looking at it every day, but it seemed as if it was the first time he was seeing it.

With the third try he rang the bell; tiny steps were heard behind the fiber glass in front of him 

"Hi, Auntie," he smiled, walking towards the tiny woman who welcomed him.

"You're unusually late," she said, slamming the door behind them. It became a habit of hers.

"No, you waited for me too early," he laughed then received a small slap coming from the woman.

Mrs. Lu was his best friend's mother. For fifteen years of their friendship, it was inevitable for Mrs. Lu to be not close to Yixing. Well, Yixing was very a kind man and a great son. Who wouldn't like him?

"I have a guest today," she informed him while he was following her tracks.

Yixing just nodded his head. His mind was blank, but he felt occupied.

"Wait here," she uttered to him and left him alone the room near the garden.

There was a deafening silence. The thin buzzing noise was making him lose his insanity. He itched to hear someone, he couldn't conceal it.

Yixing wondered how lonely Mrs. Lu might feel when she's all by herself.

Then a soft humming sound was coming out from the garden. It triggered him to move towards the bright lighted area. And in that very moment, it felt as if the world stopped revolving on its axis.

He moved slowly, his mouth gaped and his heart beating out of his chest.

He was very much surprised to see the mystery girl in Mrs. Lu's garden. He wondered why she was here.

He had always known that their meetings were an odd chance, but every time he thought about it, fate seemed to be on his side.

“You're not a reader, because you're a painter," he said in an abrupt manner to make the lady look on his direction.

They remained that way until Yixing realized that he couldn't stop staring at her, and it looked like she couldn't, too.

"Hi."

"Hi?"

He laughed in her uncertainty. He had been laughing a lot lately. It made him felt better.

His eyes made its way back to hers. And that's when Yixing thought how her eyes were like a black hole. They pulled everything in until you couldn’t get out; even your soul wasn't an exception.

It was him in, but the sound of the clinking glasses made him travel back in reality. He made his way to help Mrs. Lu, who was struggling lifting the tray on her hands.

A thick streak of light hit his eyes, and the same anxious feeling came back to him. He knew what it was.

"Thank you Lay," Mrs. Lu gave him a smile while massaging her red hands from gripping the platter. He didn’t respond. The surroundings were in a different glow. The rays of the sun made it brighter than it really was. A dazzling sight that made Yixing squint his eyes with the brightness.

“Miyeong-ah, let’s have snacks first.” The older woman said.

Yixing managed to adjust his vision on the very familiar figure sitting on the small table on the gazebo. There he saw her smile earnestly, the smile he had been yearning for to see. She was looking at him. Her eyes were sad, but were t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter