{Hyeri}

Picturesque
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Beginning of the Story

 

The warmth of the sun embraced me. The deafening sound of the city was replaced with a soothing melody created by the waves of the sea. It gave me a very familiar sensation—it was comfortable and assuring. It made me forget where I was, not until I felt the people rushing against my shoulder. The waves crashed against the boat, making me fell on my heels a little. It was a greeting.

I loved this part during my summer. I could just look at the sea a million of times: whenever I'm sad, or happy, or mad, or whenever I could feel something. Although, there were times where I couldn't feel anything.

I lacked colors, they would say. But some other times, I have them, yet, it would look pale or even dull.

I thanked the man who brought my bags down, and slowly, the ambient noise of the nearby town filled my ears. Looking at the sight of the town, it gave me a different feeling compared when I saw the city for the first time. Small houses built in an array designed with different variations of colors and structures to distinguish whose houses they belong to; ladies gathered in groups, having their own chit chats; while some of the men—in a competition in whoever had the most boisterous laughter will win—were sharing a drink even when the sun was still up in the sky. Of course, a town will never be complete without the children, spending their time playing and chasing each other on a play of tag.

My hometown, it was somehow small and the farthest town in this island, but the people still stayed despite of the distance needed to be travelled.

Their lifestyle was so simple, but they were happy.

I pulled my things under the shaded tree just a few steps away. I have with me one big suitcase and a travel backpack this time. Surprisingly, I didn't bring a lot of my belongings, unlike the last time I've been here.

The wind caressed my face and the smell of the sea was inviting. The rays of the sun made the surface of water glisten. A picturesque scenery.

Smiling, I took out my phone and thought about taking a picture. This could be a perfect sight for my next masterpiece.

My hair flew into different places as I walked on the perfect spot I'm going to take my photos. Wearing my huge sunglasses that covered half of my face, I clicked the shutter, finding the perfect angle of my landscape.

A few minutes have passed, however the sun was already burning my skin. I co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter