After the truth

You are my tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Qri took a short break from her work and came to Seoul because she wanted to give Eunjung, a surprise but her surprise was a failure when she called Eunjung and found that the latter was busy doing something so she decided to call Jiyeon and asked her out for a drink. Instead of going to a pub, they ended up at a quiet restaurant near a river, Qri was quietly listening to what Jiyeon was talking,she was surprised about what she just heard, Hyomin and Jessica turned out to be twin sisters.  Looking back when Qri first met Hyomin at Soyeon’s restaurant, at the time Jiyeon was recalling to her about their encounter, Jiyeon called it “Destiny”, now Qri started to believe it. It was too coincidential to be true that Jessica and Hyomin were twin sisters that Hyomin didn’t even know her existence, Jiyeon met her by accident, they went to same university and Jiyeon was attracted to Hyomin because of her appearance at first but fell for Hyomin for who she was, it couldn’t interpret as something else, Qri believed they were meant to be, Jiyeon and Hyomin were meant to be together.

“So you are going to break up with her as uncle Jung told you to” Qri asked Jiyeon who looked so confused at the moment, she looked like a lost puppy.

“I don’t know Qri unnie” Jiyeon sighed, she had beening thinking over and over, still she couldn’t find her way out.

“Ask yourself Jiyeon, ask your heart” Qri reminded Jiyeon.

“Eventhough my heart has it clear answer that I never wish to break up with her, but how can I do?” Jiyeon said frustatedly.

“Will you just give up like that?” Qri asked with a hint of insulting tone, Jiyeon looked up at Qri.

“Did you even give it a try, did you talk to Hyomin about this, did she give up on you? Qri asked a series of question

“What if she hates me for being a reason of her sister’s death, how am I going to deal with that fact, I wouldn’t be able to face her” Jiyeon sounded really desperate

 “It wasn’t your fault Jiyeon, it was an accident, and nobody wished it to happen” Qri reasoned.

“But he still blamed it on me” Jiyeon looked down on her lap

“He was just depressed and he couldn’t get over it” Qri voiced out her opinion.

“She loves you, you love her, that’s nothing as wonderful as mutual love, unless it was one-sided love” The last sentence Qri said it softly.

“You’re absolutely right Qri unnie” Jiyeon felt encouraged.

 “If I were you, I would fight for her, Jiyeon” Qri smiled at her younger dongseang

“I should fight for her” Jiyeon smiled, “Thank you unnie”

Getting some advices from Qri, Jiyeon started to sort things out in her head, sometimes two was really better than one, Jiyeon felt so thankful to her senior for her guidance, it might not be best advice but it helped her a lot when she was hesitant. Qri abruptly put down her fork and spoon, she suddenly remembered something, Jiyeon was puzzled.

“What’s wrong unnie?” Jiyeon asked and stopped eating

“What did you say Hyomin’s old name was?” Qri asked in hurry as if she would forget it right away.

“Sunyoung, Park Sunyoung” Jiyeon told her, “Why?”

“Sunyoung, Sunyoung, oh my God” Qri put her hand on

“What is it unnie?” Jiyeon was anxious.

 

Flashback

Qri felt like she was hit by something hard at the back of her neck when she got a phone call from Jessica’s step mother or Qri’s aunt that Jessica had a car accident with severe wound and was at hospital, she rushed to hospital and saw Mr. Jung and her aunt were crying in front of the emergency room, the door opened and doctor came out to inform about Jessica’s severe condition. She couldn’t believe what she heard it  when doctor told them to prepare, they were given a little time to see her.

“Qri unnie” Jessica said weakly

“Don’t say anything, Jessica” Qri shook her head and fought back the tear.

“Thank you for always being there for me” Jessica smiled at her, Qri couldn’t hold back her tear anymore.

“Jessica” Qri couldn’t form her sentence,like lump stuck at and blocked its air.

“Unnie, can you please do me a favour?” Jessica said weakly as if whispering.

“Anything, Jessica” Qri wiped away hear tear and went closer to Jessica

“Please give my diary to Sunyoung, my sister” Jessica said in Qri’s ear

“What do you mean?” Qri didn’t get what Jessica was telling her.

 “My dairy in my bag, in the car” Jessica mustered her strength to speak, seeing how difficult for Jessica to say, Qri didn’t ask anymore but nodded and promised her to do so.

After Jessica’s funeral, Qri did as Jessica’s request, when Jessica’s stuff was sent to family from a wreakage of her car, Qri took a priviledge as Jessica’s best friend and a niece of Jessica’s step-mother to go to Jessica’s house and searched for diary that Jessica mentioned in her room, she found a pink thick diary in her bag. Qri made sure it was the one she was looking for, she opened to read a first page, and remembered Jessica hand’s writing “ Dear Sunyoung” , respected her deceased friend, she closed the diary, and put it in her bag, she took it out from Jung’s mansion unnoticed. Qri kept it the diary with her, though she didn’t know who Sunyoung was and how she was supposed to give it to her, she hoped she could fulfil Jessica’s last wish.

End of Flashback

 

“How could it possible be?” Qri murmured to herself, she couldn’t believe this, how Jessica could foresee the future, it was impossible.

“What is it unnie?” Jiyeon was very curious at Qri’s sudden action

 “Jessica” Qri was awed .

“Jessica?” Jiyeon asked, strangely when Jessica name was mentioned Jiyeon didn’t feel hurt like before and she was more comfort to hear or say her name now.

“She asked me to give something to Sunyoung” Qri told Jiyeon, disbelief expression was written all over her face.

“How did she know one day you are going to meet her twin sister? Now it was Jiyeon’s turn to be awed

 

They looked at each other, all they could feel was goosebump. No answer was said when silence was necessary both of them went quiet, occupied in their own thought. Miracle happened when you least expected it.     

 

*****************************

 

“Jiyeon, Jiyeon” Hyomin was murmuring, Eunjung who was sleeping on the mat, was woken by Hyomin’s sleep-talk

“Hyomin” Eunjung touched her forehead and retreated back right away “Damn it” Eunjung was fully awake when she realized that Hyomin’s fever was very high, she was in deep sleep and failed to check her temperature. Eunjung sat on the bed and wiped her face with wet towel, then placed it on her forehead, Eunjung sighed and reached out for Hyomin’s hand.

“Get well soon Sunyoung ah” Eunjung quietly said “ Who is going to argue with me if you are being like this” Eunjung babbled with herself. Eunjung examined Hyomin’s face, her lip turned pink because of her high fever, contrasted with her pale face, at time like this she still looked adorable for Eunjung. Eunjung came to realize that her feeling for Hyomin was more like a sister love when she thought it over and started to have feeling for Qri. It wasn’t like she was over Hyomin, because she didn’t even try and never once tried, it was their strong bond that she treasured.

Because they grew up together, and Eunjung as a one child, she felt more worthy when she could protect a feeble little Hyomin, who was younger than her, she was proud of herself everytime she could ward off those bullies for Hyomin. On the contrary,  Hyomin could give her guidance when she was indecisive, they always leaned on each other and always be there for each other in good times and bad times. There would be time that she got jealous when Hyomin paid more attention to someone else than her but at the end of the day she knew Hyomin would come to her with the secret she would tell no body else, it made she realize she was always important to Hyomin.

Changing a towel on her head, made sure that her fever went down, Eunjung caught up for some sleep, she hoped her friend would get better when tomorrow came, she knew Hyomin wasn’t only suffering from physical weakness but mental drained at the moment, Eunjung made sure that she wouldn’t be away when Hyomin needed someone.

**********************************

Jiyeon was restless, all day long she couldn’t get through Hyomin, it seemed her phone was still off and Jiyeon couldn’t think of any other reason than Hyomin was avoiding her, she plopped down on her couch and sighed tiredly. She really didn’t know what Hyomin was feeling or thinking now, not being able to contact her didn’t help it either. Facing her girlfriend at this time could make thing worse, but Jiyeon got nothing to lose, and she couldn’t afford to lose Hyomin.

 

An hour later, Jiyeon was pacing back and forth in front of Hyomin’s house, she inhaled and exhaled to muster her courage to press on the doorbell.

“Jiyeon” Hyomin’s mother called her, Jiyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter