Just you and you

You are my tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After coming back from their holiday, Eunjung, Hyomin and Jiyeon kept themselves busy with their study, assignment, activities and stuff at university. Eunjung was staying in touch with Qri, they kept calling each other and exchanging messages, Hyomin could tell that Eunjung was being happy but it was too soon to conclude that she was in love; Growing up together, Hyomin never saw Eunjung went for a date although being admired by boys and girls at high shcool, even in university, with her cool look and her popularity she had been flirted by juniors and seniors but she had never been interested in anyone, now that she found a person who caught her eye, Hyomin was truly happy for her friend. While Jiyeon and Hyomin’s relationship was getting stronger, Hyomin was more confident in Jiyeon, her girlfriend didn’t only secure her feeling with her words but actions. Jiyeon had showed her that Jiyeon had positively moved on and left her past behind that it would did nothing to their present relationship, moreover she told Hyomin everything about Jessica and their past relationship, to show her honesty to her girlfriend.

It was late Saturday’s morning and Hyomin was on her way to Jiyeon’s apartment, they wanted to spend time with each other in each and every possible ways, eventhough they had different project assignment to do, so they agreed it would be best to work together at Jiyeon’s place. Hyomin was carrying cookie bag that her mother had baked for Jiyeon along with her. Now there was nothing Hyomin could ask more, she felt so blessed that her mother accepted and liked Jiyeon, she adored her as much as Eunjung.

Before she knew it, she had already arrived in front of Jiyeon’s apartment door, she pressed on a doorbell and it was soon quickly swung open.

“Hello there” Jiyeon beamed happily, Hyomin was staring at her girlfriend who was wearing a little chicken printed apron

“Cute ah” Hyomin greeted

“I know I am” Jiyeon put “L” shape finger on her chin

“Not you, but apron” Hyomin laughed

“I am hurt” Jiyeon pouted, Hyomin smiled, she leaned forward and gave a peck on her girlfriend’s cheek

“That’s better” Jiyeon grinned happily.

Jiyeon let Hyomin in and led her girlfriend to kitchen with her, she was cooking for thier lunch as they needed to be full before working on their work. Jiyeon went back to stir soup which was still on induction cooker, while Hyomin reached for a glass box to put cookie in.

“My mom made you some cookie” Hyomin informed before putting a box full of cookie to food cabinet.

“ Please tell her I say thank you ” Jiyeon said, she was glad that Hyomin’s mother welcomed her with her open arms even she didn’t knew her for so long, Hyomin’s mother was a kind and understanding mother anyone could have.

“What are you cooking? It smells good” Hyomin gave Jiyeon’s back hug and rested her head on her girlfriend’s shoulder

“Make it clear, what smells good, soup or me?” Jiyeon kept strring the pot, Hyomin pressed her nose on Jiyeon’s hair and inhaled

“You smell better” Hyomin answered which brought satisfied smile to Jiyeon’s face

“Wise answer” Jiyeon complimented.

 

After a good lunch, Hyomin and Jiyeon began working on each individual assignment. They turned into pensive and serious mode for their work, textbooks and papersheet scattered on table , neither of them could give one another helpful advices because they studied different field and had a very ground knowleage of each other’s majors, however feeling each other’s presence was enough to give them encouragement  to complete their project work . Being exellent and studious Hyomin was, she finished her project assignment before her girlfriend, and stayed quietly watching her girlfriend resuming her stuff, silence became comfortable and it was enough to make Hyomin doze off while Jiyeon was focusing in what she was doing and didn’t realize that her girlfriend had fallen asleep until when she called Hyomin and there was no respone, she looked up from her report and found her girlfriend rested her head on table, eyes closed and hair covered her face, Jiyeon extended her hand to brush away Hyomin’s hair from her face and put it at the back of her ear, she smiled at the adorable sight before her, it never failed to make her heart fluttered. Jiyeon really didn’t know if it was divine that brought this amazing person to her life to return smile back to her face, light to her life and her heart was beating again in new rhythm of love because of this person. She didn’t know what would hold for them in future but she was sure she would cherish this girl forever and never repeated the same mistake again.

Putting down her pen, Jiyeon yawned tiredly, she removed her glass and placed it on table, at the same time Hyomin was shifting, waking up from a nap, she drowsily rubbed her eyes, stretching her numb hands.

“Did you finish your assignment?” Hyomin asked as she tried to stay awake.

“Yes, few minutes ago” Jiyeon answered

“What time is it?” Hyomin looked out of the window

“4.11 pm” Jiyeon looked at her wristwatch, “Do you want to go somewhere?” Jiyeon asked while tidying up table,

“May be just go home” Hyomin was collecting her papersheet and textbooks. Jiyeon nodded, understood.

“Go freshen up your face, use bathroom in my bedroom, there are new fresh towels in there” Jiyeon suggested “Then I’ll drive you back home”

Hyomin lazily got up and walked to Jiyeon’s bedroom, this was the first time she ever stepped inside here, respecting her girlfriend’s privacy she never once invaded this area but since Jiyeon permitted her now so she wanted to have an insight look of her girlfriend personal space. As expected, Jiyeon’s style was cozy and light, with very few things in her bedroom, wadrobe, bed and study table, simple at that. Hyomin walked to bathroom to freshen up to wash away her drowsiness and came out bright, she was a bout to leave her bedroom when Jiyeon walked in and grabbed her hand, Hyomin raised her brow.

“I have something to show you” Jiyeon said and led Hyomin to sit on her bed then she walked to her wadrobe and rummaged to its bottom, soon Jiyeon turned around with a box in her hold, she sat next to Hyomin.

“I want to make a real closing to my past” Jiyeon told her girlfriend, Hyomin frowned, “This is my past” Jiyeon looked down at a box , she slowly opened it and fished out a photo before passing it to Hyomin

“ It’s her” Jiyeon said, Hyomin took a photo from her girlfriend and had a look, as soon as she saw a girl in photo, her eyes widened in shock, her heart stopped, her hand was slightly shaking . Now she understood why Jiyeon, Soyeon unnie and Qri unnie had mistaken her as Jessica.

“As I promised I’ll always be honest with you, this is the last box of my past, I’ll get them burnt down for a real closing” Jiyeom told Hyomin before taking a photo from Hyomin’s hand and put it back.

“Jiyeon ah, you don’t have to do that, you can keep them as a part of your memory” Hyomin suggested.   

“I cherish my memory but I prefer creating a new one with you and I don’t want you to be upset about these things or let them remind me of my sad past” Jiyeon sincerely told her girlfriend

“If that makes you feel better” Hyomin didn’t completely agree with her girlfriend, but if the latter found it better that way, then she wouldn’t probit her.

“Thank you” Jiyeon smiled

“But I want you to know these stuff won’t have anything to with me or change how I feel for you, she was your past and I’m your present” Hyomin gently rubbed Jiyeon’s hand

“And my tomorrow” Jiyeon added, she really meant it.

 

******************************

 

As a popular area in Seoul that many people chose to come for relaxing, bicycling, and having a nice view, today Jiyeon came for another purpose, she was here to say goodbye to her haunting past.  Holding a box in her hands , Jiyeon stared down the river, against the wind, she felt calmness within her, this was the last thing she was holding into it, and it was time to let it go if she wanted to enjoy her present, she should put a peace to her past.

“Goodbye Jessica” Jiyeon said and dropped the box into the river, she watched as the box faling down rapidly and clashed with water surface then sinking into the river, disappeared.  

“Are you ok? Hyomin was walking to Jiyeon and stood next to her. Jiyeon nodded then reached out for Hyomin’s hand.

“Let’s go and eat something delicious” Jiyeon suggested, smiling.

 

Hyomin and Jiyeon went to a jajangmyeon store that they once came, they enjoyed delicious black noodle after that they went for a walk at shopping street. Naturally Jiyeon didn’t like crowded area as specially shopping street, if it was before she would have declined to Jessica when she asked her to go shopping with her at the mall but when it came to Hyomin, she was willing to adapt herself to Hyomin’s lifestyle without any complaint, she was happy as long as by her side Hyomin was there.

“Ah cute” Hyomin clapped her hands happily as she put a knitted purple beanie on Jiyeon’s head 

“Ahjumma, I’ll take this one” Hyomin said and paid for it.

 “What’s about you?” Jiyeon asked because Hyomin bought only for Jiyeon

“It’s ok” Hyomin said and grabbed Jiyeon’s hand to go for next stand but Jiyeon held her back, she picked up a same style knitted beanie but in orange color then she tried it on Hyomin’s head.

“You look great on it” Jiyeon complimented “Now we have a couple hat” Jiyeon beamed, Hyomin nodded, her lips curved to a smile.

They wandered along street for all a while then thought it should be time to go home, as they were heading back to where Jiyeon p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter