Jeongmin- Does Fame Matter? Or Does Love Matter More?

Boyfriend Love Stories

I never cared about fame, and I'll never will. I always told myself, if I got a boyfriend, I wouldn't want a boyfriend who's famous. It would ruin the whole relationship I thought to myself. I worried about my grades more than anything else.One day I was working at school, when everyone outside in the hallways out ran outside screaming. I wondered what they were screaming about, so I asked teacher.

"Mrs. Hawke, what's going on?" I asked.
"Oh have you heard of the Korean group band called Boyfriend?" Mrs. Hawke asked.
"Yes.. why?" I replied.
'Well, apparently, they had an announcement that they're going to visit the school." Mrs. Hawke said.
"Oh.." I said.
"Aren't you going to see them?" Mrs. Hawke asked.
"No, I rather stay here and study." I said.
"You're quite different, always do what you love, don't let distractions interfere with your life." Mrs. Hawke said with a smile.

I worked for about 15 minutes, the hallways became loud. Screaming, yelling and everything that fangirls and fanboys do. I tried to block out the noise, but it was too much. The noise stopped right outside my classroom door, I was quite annoyed. I turned my head to look. My eyes saw the 6 boys from Boyfriend in the center of the group. I was going to turn my head back down to continue studying, until I saw a face that made my heart beat so fast that my head started pounding. I turned my head back to look at boyfriend, my eyes stopped at one of the member. It was Jeongmin, his smile was handsome. Jeongmin looked kinda squished in the crowd of people, he turned his head towards me with a smile. Our eyes met each others, Jeongmin continued looking at me with a frozen smile. My head was so dizzy, I couldn't think. Jeongmin blinked and began walking into the classroom towards me, till a bunch of girls grabbed him and continued walking down the halls. I turned my head back, my heart was beating so fast that I could feel the blood rushing through my head. I couldn't take it anymore, I gathered my stuff and walked out the door. I stopped right after I got out the door, I turned my head down the hall. There they were, signing autographs. Jeongmin's smile never left my head as he smiled while signing. He looked up from the barricade of people, and saw me. I tighten up my grip on my books as he saw me, he pushed through the crowd. Noone noticed him leaving, because there were still the other 5 keeping the students companied. I turned and fast-walked down the hall, Jeongmin followed me. Soon, it became a chase. I ran down the hallways as Jeongmin followed me down every single hallway. Finally I hid in a classroom, Jeongmin looked around the hallways for me. At the end Jeongmin left scratching his head, and without a smile. I closed my eyes.

"Sorry Jeongmin, you don't need to know me yet." I whispered to myself.

Two days later, I walked into the classroom. In the center of the room was Jeongmin sitting and girls around him.

"Oh..no." I thought to myself.

I gained my courage and sat down at my desk, my heart was in a rush. Before I knew it, Jeongmin came up to my desk.

"Hi, I'm Jeongmin." He introduced himself.
"_______...." I said without looking at him.
"Nice." He replied.

We began our class a few minutes later, I couldn't focus. Finally I decided that I need to go and said that I wasn't feeling well. I grabbed my stuff, and walked out the door, I never knew that Boyfriend was still in the school. Jeongmin followed me right after I left. This time I didn't run, I just walked fast, trying to avoid him. A hand grabbed my hand gently, and stopped me. I looked behind me, Jeongmin smiled.

"Do you hate me or something." He asked.
"No, it's just that.." I began.
"Shy? Nervous?" Jeongmin finished for me.
"Yea..." I replied quietly.
"Don't be, I'm not mean or anything." Jeongmin replied with a smile.


We took the rest of the school day walking and talking. After that day, we became close, our friendship grew. After a month, we became really close friends, of course all the girls still fangirled over him since he was famous. I didn't mind, I just stood at the side and watched. Our friendship became love as we spend time with each other, we were both happy. One day, we had a project to do, Jeongmin helped me with mine. We were happy that we get to help each other. We worked on it for about a week, finally it was the day before the project was due. I invited Jeongmin over after his schedules. We worked on the project, it was quite tiring. Finally, we finished. We sat there looking at the project.

"
_______ what do you look in a boyfriend?" Jeongmin asked.
'Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" I asked him with a laugh.
"Maybe.." Jeongmin said.
"Well, if the person is famous, is that they put aside their fame, and be with the person that they love." I said looking into his eyes.
'You do?" Jeongmin asked.
"Yes.... I just want a normal boyfriend, who can hang with me whn I need someone and be beside me during my hard times." I said looking at the ceiling.
"Like who?" Jeongmin finally asked.
"Well...like you." I said looking into his eyes.
"Will I be?" Jeongmin asked.
"I think you...can." I answered him.

The two of us looked at each other, then leaned in and kissed each other. After a while. we released each other.

"You know what I said about fame?" I asked him.
"Yea." Jeongmin responded.
"I think this can work." I smiled.

We hugged each other with love. The next day, I was the last to hand in in the project.

"You know, this project looks amazing, You deserve an A." Mrs. Hawke said.

Jeongmin was there with me, he took my hand.

'We placed our hearts into the project." Jeongmin said.
"Now that, with a project made by two people who placed their love and devotion into will give you an A. Congratz." Mrs. Hawke said with a smile.

We walked out of the classroom together, still holding hands. After a month, our relationship became a problem, Jeongmin always had to go to concerts and fansignings. Since I loved Jeongmin, I kept all the burden within my heart. One day I really needed Jeongmin, but he had a live performance to attend to. That day, a good friend of mine left me after fighting a illness for 3 years. I needed someone to comfort me, Jeongmin wasn't here to do that. So I decided to buy flowers and visit him after the performance. I watched him perform, he was amazing, I actually was happy for him to be so talented. After the performance the other 5 members were signing autographs and talking with fans. I waited for Jeongmin to come down the stage. He came down the stage with a big smile, he hugged me, I was happy to finally be able to see him.

"Sorry about these days." Jeongmin apologized
"It's ok..let's go for a walk." I said.
"Sure." Jeongmin said.

I handed him the flower, but then a group of fangirls rushed towards us. I was taken by surprise, same with Jeongmin, Suddenly a girl grabbed the flower that I bought and threw it on the ground, a bunch of girls pushed and pulled me away.


"______!" Jeongmin shouted through the group. I fell onto the ground, this time my heart really had enough. Minwoo, the youngest saw me and held me.

"You ok?" Minwoo asked.

"Yea, I'm fine, thank you." I said to Minwoo with a smile.

I got up, and ran away. Jeongmin finally pulled free and chased after me. I was crying, I didn't know where I was going. Jeongmin finally caught up to me, and grabbed my hand.

"
_______, why? We can talk this out." Jeongmin said.
"How? You couldn't even escape a group of fangirls." I cried.
"I'm sorry....." Jeongmin responded.
"I hid the burden and pain within my heart, I never really wanted a boyfriend who had fame, but I thought you were the one..." i said.
"I know." Jeongmin said quietly.
"I needed someone today, my friend passed away today, I really wanted to talk to someone, you weren't there." I cried.

Jeongmin pulled me into a hug and held me tight.

"I promise I'll be here for you." Jeongmin said.
"Jeongmin..." I cried on his shoulder.
"Promise." He assured me.

He looked at me and then kissed me, we held each other tightly. After that day, Jeongmin was always there for me whenever he had time. One day, we went to a park.

"I still remember the day when you chased me down the hallways." I said.
"Yup, and I'll be here for you." Jeongmin said.

We closed our eyes, our hands fitted perfectly together.

"I love you." We both said.

Boyfriend's Jeongmin0088.gif