Lay Me Down

Thunder Strikes

TELL ME IF I MADE MISTAKES LIKE "Yoong locked HER" that supposed to be "Yoong locked HIS" OKAY?! THANK YOU!


 

I was at home, done packing my things for a 2 week field trip. I was seated on my office chair resting my neck on the chair. I was looking at my laptop screen. To be specific, in my Twitter title list page. I was just looking at some SNU announcements and the dorky arguments of Hyo and Yuri. I kinda miss Yoong…he was so busy. He’s still in school practicing for their match in LA too. I looked at my screen once more and clicked the reminder that there is a tweet coming up.

“This is bothering me so much…” I muttered.

[@hwangmiyoung9 :  Had the worst argument ever…Why do they have to be harsh on me without any reasons?]

I clicked the reply button and typed…

[@sunnyday515: Hey…are you alright?]

I tapped my toes and waited for him to reply. The mention lit up reminding me that someone has replied me, retweet or favourite my post.

[@hwangmiyoung9: I’m okay. Don’t worry… :D]

I was about to reply to him until my phone rang. I looked at my phone and saw Yoong calling me. I answered it.

“Hello!!!” I said.

“Noona!”

“Hello Yoong, how’s your practice?”

“It was incomplete…”

“Incomplete?” I raised a brow.

“Yeah, it is because you were not there…”

I smiled, blushing.

“…are you done being cheesy?” I chuckled.

“You missed me too, don’t you?”

“I missed you more than you miss me, idiot…”

“I know,” He laughed.

“Oh by the way, Yoong, who’s your seatmate inside the airplane?”

“I’m going to be with Young…not with you,” He made a fake cry.

I chuckled and said, “I don’t know who my seatmate is yet.”

“Are you excited?” He asked me.

I hummed nodding my head, “mhmm,” I said.

“You have your singing contest with Sica noona right?”

“Yeah, in LA…first event is singing contest then next day is Sports!” I replied.

“Fighting!” He laughed.

“You too!”

“Are you okay with Step Hyung already?”

“I…don’t really know?”

“You want me to talk to hyung?”

“You will?”

“Yeah…I think he has a problem that we didn’t know…He was different back then, you know?” He softly said.

“You’re right…Thank you, Yoong…” I smiled.

“You’re always welcome princess.”

I smiled and chuckled, “Stop it…” I said.

“Alright I’ll stop already,” He said laughing.

“I love you…” I suddenly said.

“I love you more noona…See you tomorrow,” He said and made a kissing noise on his phone.

“Bye…”

“Bye.”

I ended the call with a sigh. I brushed my hair like a lunatic kid with my two hands.

“Ahh…what to do…” I muttered then suddenly remembered replying Step’s tweet. I went to the twitter homepage again and saw Step’s latest post about 23 minutes ago.

[@hwangmiyoung9: I got to go @watashiwahyo @yulyulk see you tomorrow morning.]

I sighed.

I stood up from my seat and directly went to my bed laying myself down.

[Click here for background music (if you’re in your computer/laptop reading)]

I closed my eyes and held a grip to my blanket, getting rid of the stress that happened a while ago. He was mad…but what was the reason? He congratulated us with his cold expression. I don’t understand. A while ago, I saw his fingers tearing the white petals of the white rose. I’m sure he was mad, but why?

I opened my eyes, looking directly at the pink ceiling.

“I can’t sleep…”

I shook my head and closed my eyes again.

A strum of the guitar…

“Step! Why are you here?” Mr. Kim said as he looked at the Red Clear Book on the shelf near the grand piano stand.

“I’m practicing sir…” Step replied.

“This late night? We’re going early tomorrow, aren’t you afraid of being late?” Mr. Kim asked adjusting the microphone stand.

“Not at all sir…I’m actually going to the airport after I rehearse the last song…”  Step replied.

“Really? Where are you going to sleep?” Mr. Kim asked putting the red clear book inside his bag.

“In my car.”

“Okay! Be safe okay! See you at LA!” Mr. Kim shouted before going outside like a child.

Step smiled and stood up from his chair. He putted his guitar in his hard case and grabbed it with his right hand. Before he could go out, he turned the lights first and immediately went out from the school’s music room.

Later on, he was already out of the building and now walking alone with the stars in the sky. He decided to go to the park before claiming his car from his father’s “other” family’s house. Stephan Hwang was born in LA and everyone knows that. His mom died when he was only 11. He was sent by his father to go to Korea for his study but what he didn’t know, his father’s new family was living in there. He never did accept his father’s new wife but he still talks to his dad whenever he needs help.

Step sat in the benches in the lighted part of the park. He placed his hard case on the floor and looked up to the sky.

“Hyung,” A sudden voice of a man came.

Step looked at the figure from his right…

“Yoong, what’s up?” Step said.

“Why are you here, hyung? This late at night, don’t you have a curfew?” Yoong said as he sat beside Step.

“Don’t ask me that, why are you here anyway?” Step chuckled.

“I was told by my dad to buy him food but he just texted me not to buy anymore…” Yoong said.

Step nodded.

“Hyung, may I ask you things?” Yoong said.

“Alright, go on.”

“Do you have any problems?”

“I have.”

“May I kno-“

“I have this long time crush…she was my best friend since I moved in here.” Step said.

Yoong was out of words.

“I’ll tell you the story but not the name, is that okay?” Step suddenly asked.

Yoong nodded his head politely.

“As I was saying…this girl never did accept me as a lover but only as a friend. You can ask if she told me these things but my answer will be…no she didn’t. But my observant mind said so...”

“So, hyung…you never confessed because of what your observant mind told you?”

“There was a day when I was going to confess already…but that day, she told me that she has a boyfriend already so…I was heartbroken,” Step said as he sighs.

“Don’t worry hyung! There are so many girls out there so fighting!” Yoong said as he raises his fist up.

Step frowned and soon laughed, “Alright! I think you need to go now. Your father may be worried to you,” Step said.

Yoong nodded and waved his hand and immediately vanished as he run.

Step stood up and grabbed his hard case.