Argue

Thunder Strikes

After that day, I couldn’t get a chance to talk to Step. After that day, I was hanging out with Yoong the whole time. He said he was heartbroken since the Basketball team captain, Jung Yong-hwa asked Seohyun out and they are already together.

 

Since the day Seohyun dated, Yoong and I played together. He even taught me how to play soccer! It was so cool. I mean, he was so cool. Then soon I realized he was my crush since then, yet I haven’t confessed.

 

People thought we we’re a couple because we started to hold each other’s hand for no reason. It was embarrassing but it was more shocking when Yoong started to play a role. He told everyone that he was dating me and he was serious about it.

 

I asked him if he was so true about his feelings…

 

“Hey…I think we are already having a big white lie…” I said.

 

“It wasn’t a white lie, noona. I really like you and this is the only way I cannot let go of you,” She squeezed my hand.

 

“Alright…” I nodded and tipped toe before kissing his cheeks.

 

“Congratulations,” A voice.

 

We turned around and saw Step with his guitar case’s strap hanging on his shoulder. I looked at his right hand and saw him holding a white rose along with a piece of his music sheet. He turned around and fastened his walk towards the music class.

 

“Hyung is in love with someone I bet,” Yoong chuckled.

 

I frowned. He wasn’t happy at all. Did someone hurt him? Did some girl reject him?

 

“Sunny bunny noona, let’s go inside the music class,” Yoong said as he hold my hand.

 

I blushed.

 

We went inside the room and saw Taeng, Jessica, Step, Hyo, Yuri, Young, Seohyun sitting on their respective seats. Yoong was still Seohyun’s seatmate because Seohyun asked permission to me that she needed someone to advise her on what do boys likes and I gladly allowed her.

 

Step was still my seatmate though, yet we haven’t talked to each other after that spin the bottle incident. I looked at him with the corner of my eyes and saw him tearing the white rose’s petals one by one. It made me look at him for real. He was so strange…very strange.

 

“Stephan Hwang,” I called.

 

He continued tearing the petals.

 

“Hwang Miyoung,” I called again but…no avail.

 

“YAH HWANG MIYOUNG!” I slammed my table as I stood up to face him.

 

He stopped what he was doing but never look at me. I’m pretty sure I got the attention of the whole class. Luckily the music teachers have their meeting today and that means we have our free time to prepare our solo for the upcoming field trip in LA.

 

“HWANG MIYOUNG IM TALKING TO YOU!” I shouted again.

 

I felt a pair of hand cupping my shoulders.

 

“Sunny stop,” Taeng said.

 

“No Taeng! This bastard is not talking to me,” I replied as I shove his hands away from me.

 

“Sunny that’s enough, hon…” Jessica said.

 

“HWANG BASTARD MIYOUNG TALK TO ME!!” I shouted once more.

 

“Sunny that’s enough!” Taeng said.

 

“, TALK TO ME!” I shouted once more again.

 

Step stood up and looked at me.

 

“Are you done?” He talked.

 

“…..” I closed my mouth.

 

“I SAID ARE YOU DONE?!” He shouted back.

 

“Hey hyung! Don’t shout at Sunny like that!” Yoong went in pointing a finger on Step.

 

“Me?! Don’t shout at Sunny?! SHE WAS THE FIRST ONE WHO ING SHOUTED AT ME FOR NO REASON!” He shouted.

 

“I WAS CONCERNED! YET YOU DIDN’T EVEN TALK TO ME! THAT’S WHY I SHOUTED!” I shouted back.

 

“Guys, that’s enough!” Taeng pulled Yoong and I away and Jessica pulled Step away.

 

“You don’t know what’s going on with me so do not pity me,” Step muttered.

 

“You don’t know what’s happening so don’t be concerned,” He muttered again.

 

“You don’t know how to look so do not judge,” Step muttered again before opening his guitar case to get his guitar.

 

“YOU,” He slammed his guitar on the ground.

 

We were shocked.

 

“DON’T,” He slammed again.

 

“KNOW,” Again.

 

“HOW,” And again.

 

“BROKEN,” Once again.

 

“I AM!” He shouted his last words before leaving us and his favourite now broken acoustic guitar on the ground.

 

Silence held them all. Taeng hugged me and brushed my head. I hugged him back.

 

“Where do you think he is now?” Taeng asked before pulling away to our hug.

 

“He’s probably in the fencing room, training non-stop with his coach,” Jessica said hugging me.

 

“Should we go?” Hyo asked.

 

All 8 of us nodded our heads and immediately went to the fencing club gymnasium room.

 

We were nervously walking towards the door. Until we were already there, we spotted Jessica and Yoong’s sister, Krystal Jung. She silently walked towards us and whispered.

 

“He’s killing everyone…” Krystal chuckled.

 

“What?!” Jessica whispered back.

 

“He’s being some sort of powerful Naruto playing fencing edition right now…” Krystal laughed.

 

We looked at the only player on the fencing mat at the centre. Step was in his body gear only, without a head gear. His hands were combing his brushed up hairstyle. He was in his go position waiting for the go signal of the current referee.

 

“Go”

 

We were watching him. He skipped moreover two steps with his one limp. His arms were blocking his coach’s sword to avoid the scoring. As he blocks the sword he immediately stabbed his coach’s gear making a beep sound from the machine.

 

“Alright, that’s enough, Hwang. You were just here 5 minutes ago and you killed everyone already,” His coach said.

 

“Okay…” Step said grabbing his personal varsity towel from the bench.

 

He turned around to our section not bothering to look as he continues to wipe his sweat from his face.

 

“Stephan Hwang,” Yuri called.

 

He removed the towel from his face and met my gaze.

 

“Why are you here?” He said.

 

“We have to talk,” Taeng replied.

 

“We have to talk? For what? For the all screamings you gave to me a while ago?” He said walking towards us.

 

He stopped inches away from us. Looking at us in a mocking way.

 

“Uh…” We were lost of words.

 

Step scoffed and walked towards me. In my surprise, he suddenly hugged me.

 

“I’m leaving, see you all tomorrow at the airport for the field trip,” He said.

 

I looked at Taeng who was looking at me in shock too.

 

“I’m sorry for causing you troubles today. I have to go…” After those words, he let go of me and grabbed his sports bag.

 

He immediately went away. I’m so worried…but what was that? Why did he suddenly hug me?

 

“He’s your best friend, Sunny. He can’t be mad at you that long…” Young said.

 

I nodded my head.