What Do I Like About Him?

Thunder Strikes

“Tell me, what do you like about him?” Taeng said, stirring the frozen leftover cream from the school’s refrigerator.

I looked up from my personal mug and met his gaze. I chuckled and said, “I don’t know…It’s just, I find him cute. He’s tall…I’m small we make a perfect couple you know?”

Taeng sat beside me and laughed. He patted my head, “Good thing he’s my junior in the soccer team,” He said.

“I know right.”

“But you know, Sun…He’s cold too like his half-sister,” Taeng pulled me up and held my hand.

“Jessica?” I asked.

He nodded.

Now, we were already walking down the hall of our campus’ building, hand in hand. You may wonder who he is to my life because we do not dare to make ourselves a shame whenever pupils see us holding each other’s hand. So, let me explain myself, who is Taeng in my life? Kim Taeng, is my ex-boyfriend and now my best friend. He is in a relationship with my best friend, Jessica Jung.

Jessica Jung is Im Yoong’s half-sister. Yoong is an orphan and their father is still preparing the papers of him turning into a Jung. Im Yoong is in the 3rd Rate and we are in the senior’s Rate. Can you believe that? He’s my dongsaeng, yet I like him.

“Taengoo! Soonkyu!” A high pitched voice came behind us.

We turned around and smiled. It was Jessica who called us and she is with….erm…Yoong.

“You two, you look like siblings hand in hand,” She giggled.

Jessica looked at her back, probably looking at Yoong. “Brother, come here. Your team captain is here, say hello,” She said gesturing him to come over.

Yoong went beside Jessica, in front of us. He bowed and said, “Hello hyung, Hello noona.”

Taeng squeezed my hand. “Hello, ace,” Taeng said.

The three of them looked at me. “Uh, I, Hello…Yoong…” I said.

What the hell…Did I just do…?

Yoong slightly smiled at me and I could only smile back. IT’S EMBARRASSING FOR GOODNESS SAKE.

“Sica noona…I have to go to class now,” Yoong said.

Jessica chuckled and opened her bag, looking for something.

“Something wrong, babe?” Taeng asked.

“No, just…ah!” Jessica said grabbing a yellow envelope.

Yellow envelope? Uncle’s message? Lee Soo Man?

“Yoong, don’t you remember that you are accelerated now?” Jessica said.

“Really?” Taeng asked.

“He made the test last week and now he passed it and only to see that he is our classmate now!” Jessica laughed a bit and continued, “So I think you forgot what happened today Yoong.”

Yoong nodded and laughed.

I looked down, blushing.

“Then let me just get my things from my classroom and I’ll go ahead to our classroom…” Yoong said…coldly.

“Sunny, why don’t you go accompany Yoong?” Taeng suggested, smirking at me.

Jessica cleared and said, “Yeah, Sunny why don’t you help my brother?”

Yeah, they knew everything about my love life.

“No, noona…It’s alright,” Yoong said.

“No Yoong, let our sunbun help you,” Jessica replied.

“Oh okay noona…” Yoong said.

Jessica walked towards me and whispered, “I’m sorry Soonkyu-ah…I ship you both.”

I nodded my head and walked beside Yoong letting my hand go from Taeng’s hand. Yoong and I looked at the couple and bid our good bye. Awkward…

“Shall we go?” I asked.

“Ah…yes, here, this way,” He said leading me to the left path hallway.

We were walking and no one bothered to talk. I won’t deny if you will ask me, “Did you ever steal a glance to him?” Well yeah, so many times.

“Jessica noona, told me many things about you,” Yoong said.

WHAT

WHAT

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT

“What?”

“I said, Jessica noona told me things about you.”

“Like what?”

He opened their classroom’s door and let me go in first. He pointed his chair and I nodded my head.

“Things like, lately you are in love,” He said.

I gulped.

I walked over his chair and was about to get his books until he held my hand. “You can’t bring the books noona, it’s heavy,” He said.

I nodded my head.

He grabbed his army green survey backpack and went behind me.

“Put this on, noona,” He said.

He grabbed the straps and I putted my arms on it, now carrying his bag.

“So noona, are you in love?” He asked, carrying his books.

We went out from his classroom only to have so much time to go back to the senior’s Rate floor. I’m so lucky that SNU has an activity for the lower freshmen and that causes our free time.

“Well, yeah,” I said.

“That guy must be lucky, noona.”

Yeah, you are lucky.

I giggled and laughed.

“Actually noona, I’m in love too!” He said.

“Who’s the lucky girl?” I asked, crossing my fingers.

“She’s Seohyun, the girl who accelerated few months ago in senior’s rate?”

Pang. Arrows. Sword. Storms. Heartbreak.

“Oh, our Seohyun?” I asked.

“Your Seohyun?”

“Yeah, she’s my best friend alongside Young, Hyoyeon, Step, Yuri, Jessica and Taeng.”

“Really?! Noona! Can you help me? I want to confess! Please! I promise to buy you lunch!”

I smiled a fake smile.

“Sure…we need to hurry.” I said.

He giggled and nodded his head.

We walked silently, until we reach our classroom. I opened the door and only to find seven students playing tags. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

“Are you not going to say hi to our new classmate?” I said dragging Yoong to go inside.

The seven college students stopped and looked at Yoong. I closed the door.

“I’m exchanging seats…” I said.

“Why, unnie?” Asked Seohyun who is currently my seatmate.

“Dongsaeng, our new classmate is only about your age so I think you two will get along. Maknae, come here,” I said.

Seohyun smiled and walked towards me.

“Seohyun, meet Yoong. Yoong, meet Seohyun, your seatmate.” I said.

Yoong looked at me and smiled.

I smiled back and turned around to look at Taeng. I went towards the gang and said, “They make a good couple.”

“Sunny, what?” Taeng whispered.

“I said, they make a good couple. Yoong likes Seohyun.”

“How did you know, Soonkyu?” Jessica asked.

“He said, and he asked me to help him to confess to Seohyun. So I did.”

“I’m sorry, Sunny,” Step said hugging me from the back.

I patted his hand.

“Be my seatmate instead,” Step said.

I nodded and walked towards my ‘previous’ chair and grabbed all of my things. Step was helping me and I appreciate it so much. He grabbed my personal chair and walked towards his place, placing the chair beside his chair.

Step carried the other extra chair from the back and placed it beside Seohyun’s chair.

“Thank you, hyung,” Yoong bowed.

“No, problem kiddo, enjoy the rest of your school year here,” Step said.

“Okay, we all know that Yoong is our new buddy. Let us give him a big round of applause,” Taeng said.

I clapped once…twice…until I realized I’m too lazy to clap.

I looked at my left and saw Step writing something on his music sheet.

“What is that Miyoung?” I asked him.

“I’m writing a song, and can you please stop saying my real name?” He said.

“Miyoung, Miyoung, Miyoung, Miyoung…”

Step looked at me and flicked my forehead.

“Aww…”

“Jesus, I’m sorry Sunny! I didn’t mean to,” He said blowing my forehead.

I looked at his concerned look and laughed.

“How did I not see your cuteness since then?” I said.

“Y-You’re not mad?”

“Of course not, so…can you sing me your song?”