The first day

Demon Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Important author's note below. Enjoy!

CHAPTER EIGHT: The first day

"Can you just disappear?" Nara muttered as she bowed her head down and covered her face with the hoodie over the uniform she was wearing. She tightened her hold around the straps of her backpack while Jiyong chuckled and slid his arms around Nara just to . 

"Nope, sorry can't do that," Jiyong stated as they entered the school. 

Nara heaved a deep sigh before shaking her head in dismay. Great. This is going to make them grill me greater than they already are. Jiyong looked at Nara before nudging her, "Don't worry. I'm here to protect you gongju..." Nara glanced at Jiyong but didn't respond. By now, all of the students walking by were catching themselves looking at the pair. 

However, they were more focused at the unfamiliar man wearing the same uniform as them. 

They immediately pulled out their phones and whispered amongst themselves. Suddenly, Nara stopped on her tracks and finally knew that her abilities were kicking in. She looked at the surroundings and found it disturbing that she was hearing all sorts of voices inside her head. Jiyong looked down at her and whispered, "Just ignore them gongju." 

Nara nodded and started walking again. 

Jiyong slipped his hands away from her shoulders and shoved them inside his pockets before stopping. 

"Nara!" 

Nara turned around and looked at Jiyong, raising her eyebrows at him. 

He grinned and waved, "I'll see you in class. Gotta go to the office first." 

Nara blinked before nodding her head quietly. She turned around and avoided everyone's stares and just walked to her classroom, trying to avoid anyone who has bullied her. She walked around her usual route and finally reached her class alive. She looked inside the classroom when she froze on her spot. She blinked and even rubbed her eyes before she looking at the person sitting behind her seat. 

She furrowed her eyebrows and wondered why the man who visited her at the library was there inside her classroom. 

As if the man felt her presence, he looked up and stared at Nara. 

For some reason, she couldn't read his mind. It was as if he wasn't thinking of anything, but was that even possible? She furrowed her eyebrows as he gave her a small smile. After a few seconds of staring at the odd man, someone had came inside rudely; who purposely bumped into Nara's shoulder and laughed with her possy. 

Nara shrugged it off and decided to ignore the presence of the man and sat where she usually sat. 

She shoved her bag on the floor and turned around, ignoring the stares and laughters she was earning. 

It was rather convenient and disturbing to be able to hear the thoughts of her rude classmates because she could instantly know what they were up to, but it was rather unfortunate for her to hear them talk about her. She sighed and crossed her arms on the desk, placing her head down. She waited until majority of her classmates came in and until the bell rang. 

She lifted her head and found her first period teacher come inside with Jiyong in tow. 

Just from the door, he found Nara and gave her a small wink. 

Suddenly, the classroom became quiet. 

"Okay class, I want to introduce you to two transferees." 

Jiyong froze and Nara noticed that. He looked at the man sitting behind Nara and immediately gave him a cut eye, but Nara didn't seem too fazed about it. She didn't even care about the other man. Her teacher gestured the man behind her to come to the front beside Jiyong. He stood up from his seat while their classmates just whispered amongst themselves. 

"The one on the right is so friggin' hot!" 

"Are you kidding? Both of them are!" 

She could hear all their thoughts and it was simply disgusting to hear. 

She made a face and decided to just ignore them and look at Jiyong who had his hands shoved inside his pockets while his backpack was slinging on one arm. "Alright, this is your new classmate from Europe, Mr. Kwon Jiyong. Please introduce yourself to the class." 

The Kwon Jiyong bowed and gave the classroom a curt nod, "Just call me Jiyong." 

The boys yelled while the girls squealed in delight. 

"And this is Kim Junmyeon, also a transfer from another country. Please guide them as it is almost our midterms," the teacher didn't even bother giving Junmyeon an introduction as he thought it was already taking too much time from his class. 

"Just sit wherever you like gentlemen," the teacher stated. 

Jiyong and Junmyeon nodded before walking to Nara's direction. Nara looked away and immediately took her bag to her lap, taking out her notebook and her book for the class. She placed them on top of the desk when she felt a presence beside her and behind her. She placed her bag down on the floor before glancing at Jiyong who looked at her with a smug face. 

Nara rolled her eyes before focusing on their teacher's lesson.

---

Ring. 

The bell rung and the students immediately packed their stuff into their bags and quickly made their way out of the classroom to the cafeteria. It was already lunch time and it wasn't surprising that Jiyong had his head down on the table. Nara glanced at him before zi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter