The enemy

Demon Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SIX: The enemy

As per usual, Nari stacked books coming from the small cart she's been pushing at the entire library while Jiyong sat near her, just watching her from nearby. He kept looking back from his book and from where Nari was standing, not wanting Nari to feel uncomfortable of his continuous stares as she would describe. He looked around, seeing new faces as they came and left. 

He sighed and thought about Nari's parents all of a sudden. He remembered how they saved him from the other side and how they took him in like he was their own son. He looked at Nari once again and realized she had already went back to her desk, so he stood up, only to get frozen at the sudden presence he felt. His eyes widened and immediately walked towards Nari's desk. 

He hid behind a book shelf, peering over Nari's direction and saw the same man who came to her the other day. 

Jiyong hissed and walked away from the book shelf, thinking about what the man was here for. He knew it won't be the last he'll see the man, considering how persistent he was on visiting Nari occassionally. He clenched his jaws before walking up to Nari and the man, "Nari, it's your lunch time." The man , however, stayed rooted in his spot. 

Jiyong's eyes analyzed the man's presence, sensing that he was slightly tense. 

Nari looked over at Jiyong and blinked, nodding her head.

She stood up from her seat and took out a sign that stated she'll be back in an hour. She bowed at the man and walked out of the booth without further ado. Jiyong looked at Nari and immediately placed his hands on her back protectively, looking over to the man who turned his head and looked at Jiyong in the eye. The man slightly bowed his head to Jiyong while Jiyong remained unresponsive. 

Jiyong's mouth formed into a thin line, sending the man a message through his mind. 

Never come back. 

Jiyong knew the man wasn't just a normal human being, but he could a spawn of the devil. 

The unknown man smirked and stared at Jiyong in the eye, his eyes suddenly turned black as he smiled grimly. I don't take orders from you, fallen angel. And suddenly, Jiyong stopped in his tracks, making Nari wonder why he stopped walking. Nari furrowed her eyebrows and looked at Jiyong who was focused staring at the man who kept coming back to greet her from time to time.

"Jiyong? Is something wrong?" Nari asked in curiosity, looking back at the man but he was suddenly gone. 

However, she could careless. It was better for her because she never wanted to see that man ever again, something about him irked her and made her feel nervous. She hated that feeling the most. She sighed and snapped her fingers right in front of Jiyong's face which finally caught his attention. He looked down at her and muttered, "Sorry."

She shook her head and said, "What were you so focused on anyway?" 

Jiyong's face hardened, but immediately shook it off and said, "Nothing. Come, let's go and get you something to eat." 

---

They were at the meat restaurant right in front of the library, Nari stuffing her face with food while Jiyong sat right across from her and observed her. He had his arms crossed as he looked at Nari with furrowed eyebrows, "How do you eat so much?" He asked, making Nari look up as she chewed her food. She shrugged her shoulders and immediately focused back to her food. 

Jiyong shook his head and muttered, "Pig demon."

"I heard that," Nari stated as she glared at Jiyong. 

Jiyong shrugged his shoulders and said, "I'm just telling the truth. No need to be all defensive gongju, you literally eat lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter