The revelation II

Demon Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double update. Go back a chapter.

CHAPTER FIVE: The revelation II

"Come on, tell me. What is it?" Nari asked eagerly. 

Jiyong closed his eyes and realized he had no other choice but to tell her the whole truth. What was he scared of? He was scared of Nari running away, though it wasn't hard to run after her or find her, but once she finds out about her real identity, she might run away. 

From everything.

"Just promise me one thing first," Jiyong started. 

Nari raised her eyebrow and said, "Uhhh, okay, sure?"

Jiyong nodded his head and took a deep breath. 

"Promise me you won't run away," Jiyong stated, no, begged. Nari sensed how tense Jiyong looked and immediately leaned off the counter and walked closer to Jiyong. "What do you mean? Why would I run away?" Nari asked curiously, wondering what made Jiyong tell her that. Why would she have to run away after what Jiyong is going to tell her?

Jiyong frowned and said, "Because it might scare you, or perhaps you might not believe it and deny it completely." 

Nari rasied her eyebrows and said, "Try me."

He sighed heavily before looking into her eyes and Nari immediately gasped at the sight of Jiyong's eyes suddenly change colour. His eyes turned pure black, no white surrounding his pupil and iris. It was entirely black. "W-What's happening?" Nari asked nervously. Jiyong stepped forward and whispered, "This is what I am." 

Nari furrowed her eyebrows, taking a step back and couldn't help but stare at Jiyong's eyes. 

She wanted to look away, but there was something about him that intrigued her... or possibly connected her to him. 

"W-What exactly are you?" Nari finally asked. The question that Jiyong seemed to have waited for and at the same time, the question he was hesitant of answering. It was something that he had to deal with carefully, because he didn't know what the future outcome would be once he tells Nari the whole truth about his existence. 

And his world. 

He stayed mum, his arms hanging on his sides as he clenched his fists. Suddenly, he spread his wings and lifted them up for Nari to see. Nari's eyes widened at the sight of Jiyong's wings. It was black, with a hint of velvet dark blue under the light. It looked marvelous, at least to Nari it did. Rather than scared, she felt amazed. 

She didn't know why, but the more she took the sight of his wings in, she found herself taking a step forward closer to him. 

She didn't know what to say, nor do, but she did know that she wanted to feel his wings. She wanted to know how it felt to have wings. Her eyes flickered from his wings to his eyes that were now back to its normal colour. Her eyes softened at the sight of his worried look; his eyebrows were scrunched together, lips pursed together, eyes boring into Nari's eyes. 

"A-Are you really from... hell? Like what you said?" Nari asked, absolutely dumbfounded at her own question. 

Jiyong slowly nodded. Nari looked at him, confused. 

"Then are you..." before Nari finished her sentence, he cut her off, "Yes, I'm a demon." 

---

"Wait, wait, so you're saying... the reason why you keep calling me gongju is because I'm a princess? On top of that, I'm a half-demon?" Nari stated, obviously

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter