The saviour

Demon Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWO: The saviour

"You're safe now... gongju," the deep husky voice whispered against the pitch black surrounding.

Nari looked around, but could not find the source of the mysterious voice. She was dreaming of the same exact thing again. How long will she have to wait until she meets the source of the voice? Or will she ever is the sole question. 

"Where are you? And who are you?" Nari asked, clutching onto the hem of her shirt as she continued to circle around. 

Silence. 

She bit her lip and asked once more, "When... will I be able to see you?" 

Suddenly, she could feel a presence behind her back. She looked back but saw nothing. She furrowed her eyebrows and felt the presence again, making her shiver down to her spine. A cold hand-like touched her shoulders and whispered, "but you already have... gongju."

And suddenly, she woke up from her vivid dream. 

---

She sat up abruplty as her eyes popped open. She looked around the area and was puzzled to see that she was inside her room. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked down at what she was wearing and saw that she was still in her uniform.

What happened last night? She asked herself. 

She closed her eyes and tried to remember what happened the night before, but failed to do so.

However, there was one thing she remembered from last night. One thing she couldn't comprehend at all.

"Annyeong... gongju."

She didn't know whether it was all a dream or a hallucination, but it didn't make sense. She didn't recall dreaming of seeing the source of the voice, moreso, she didn't recall dreaming of the man she remembered from last night. 

She sighed and took a look at the wall clock before sliding out of her bed. She made her bed and froze when she noticed someone standing at the corner of her room just beside the window.  

She slowly looked up and was terrified to see the man she saw last night, wearing a black coat draped around his shoulders. His torso was covered with a black turtle neck, and was wearing ripped black pants and black shoes. His face looked golden and beautiful, as if he was made carefully by a skilled sculptor. 

"W-W-Who are you?! And how did you get in here?!" Nari exclaimed as she sought for the nearest weapon she could hold onto: a pencil. 

The man smirked as he stared at her, amused. He titlted his head and took a look at her face carefully, studying her perfect porcelain skin that everyone at her school failed to see. For the past ten years that he's been guarding her from afar, this was the closest he's seen her apart from when he carried her home earlier. He stepped forward, making Nari step back. 

He folded his arms against his built chest and smiled at Nari, making her furrow her eyebrows. 

"D-Don't come closer or... or..." She couldn't continue in fear. 

"..or?" The man spoke with his deep husky voice. 

A voice that she deeply recognized. Her eyes widened as she froze on her spot, unconsciously letting go of the pencil she was holding. She stared at the man wide-eyed and bit her bottom lip. That voice... She thought, carefully repeating the voice she's been hearing in her head and compared it to the voice of the man in front of her. 

She stayed mum and frozen for a while until the man spoke once again. 

"Why are you so shocked... gongju?" 

She gasped and pointed her index finger at the man, "YOU!" 

The mysterious man pointed at himself and had an amused facial expression, "Me? What about me gongju?" Nari's face twitched as she stood up straight and hissed at the man, "Stop calling me that!" Confused as to what's happening, and confused as to how the man entered her home, she glared at him menacingly. A small chuckle erupted from the man's lips, making Nari hiss once again. 

"I don't know how you entered my house, but get out... and I don't wish to see you ever again," Nari rudely muttered as she gestured him to get out, but the man seemed unfazed about it. 

The man shook his head and kept his amused face. He walked towards the bed and sat down casually on the corner of her bed, his back facing her, as if it was something he'd done a hundred times. This man seriously has no manners... As she was busy cursing at the man in her head, she was interrupted when the man spoke. 

"You've been wanting to see me and yet you're pushing me away. What's making you change your mind, gongju?" 

"W-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter