Chapter 5: Over the Course of Twenty-Four Hours

Agent Provocateur

"Sit still," Luhan said when Sehun started squirming again. They were sitting on the floor of their bedroom. Or at least, Luhan was trying to get Sehun to sit.

"No," Sehun whined, "it'll hurt."

"It'll hurt even more if it gets infected. We should've cleaned it up when we got home yesterday." Luhan stared at Sehun's face, concentrating. He wiped the taller boy's cheek with a bit of hydrogen peroxide on a rag and Sehun flinched.

"It hurts, Luhan," he whined again. "Stop."

"You have a giant gash on your cheek and a few smaller cuts on your eyebrow and lip, and I am going to clean them up, Sehun."

"I don't want you to."

"This is what happens when you get into a fight," Luhan said, gently sitting in Sehun's lap and throwing his legs around the younger's hips.

"It's not my fault!" Sehun protested, flinching again when Luhan cleaned the cut above his eyebrow.

"You still punched Jongdae in the face." Luhan's tongue poked out between his lips and he furrowed his brows in concentration, placing a bandage on the cut and securing it with some medical tape. "And now his eye is black and he has a bandage on his nose."

The younger boy went silent for a while, feeling guilty. He didn't pay attention to Luhan as he wiped the cuts below his lip and recoiled.

"Luhan, stop," Sehun said.

"Sehun, it'll scar if we don't take care of it." Silence met him yet again and he continued to do first aid for Sehun. He didn't flinch the next time a cut was cleaned.

"Why are you suddenly behaving?" Luhan asked with a small smile.

"If they scarred, I'd be ugly."

"No, you wouldn't," Luhan said, rolling his eyes as he put on the last bandage. "You'd still be absolutely gorgeous."

"Stop lying."

"You know, for someone who acts so cocky, you're pretty insecure," Luhan whispered, nuzzling the younger's jaw with his nose. "You have no reason to be."

Sehun wrapped his arms around Luhan's waist and pulled him closer, and Luhan wrapped his legs around Sehun's waist instead of keeping them beside his hips. Sehun buried his head in Luhan's hair, refusing to let go for a while. He placed a small kiss on top of Luhan's head and rocked the boy side to side with him slowly.

"Thanks, Lu," Sehun mumbled, barely audible.

"You're welcome, Sehunnie," Luhan answered, placing a little kiss on Sehun's neck. "I'm sorry I hurt you last night."

"Technically, you didn't, it was that at the manor-"

"Whatever. I'm still sorry. It's just so hard to keep my hands off of you."

"I know it is," Sehun said, smirking.

"Little scars won't change that."

"I know they won't," the younger boy muttered.

"Then why are you so afraid of them?"

Silence. He felt Sehun lift his head and looked up at him. The boy wouldn't meet his eyes.

"You don't believe me," Luhan whispered. Sehun looked at him with wide eyes, rapidly shaking his head. "You don't think I'll still love you if you become what you think is ugly. You think scars are ugly." Sehun stopped shaking his head to lean in and kiss the older boy. Their lips connected for a second before Luhan pushed the taller boy away, tearing up a little bit.

"No, Luhan, it's not that-"

"Sehun, I'm going to have a giant scar on my side." Tears began to fall. "So then I'll be ugly."

"No, Luhan, no," Sehun said, wiping away the shorter boy's tears. "You could never be ugly, so please don't say that." He placed little kisses all over Luhan's face.

"Then why do you hate them so much?" Luhan shouted. "No matter how many times I tell you that you can't be ugly, you always deny it, but when it comes to me, you say I'll always be beautiful, but that's true for you too, Sehun, and you won't listen, and it's making me upset because-" He choked on a sob. Sehun leaned in slowly again to kiss him, and this time, he gave in.

Luhan slowly moved his lips against the other boy's, twisting his fingers into his hair. Sehun gently placed one hand on Luhan's hip, the other moving up to brush away his tears. He slipped his fingers under the older boy's shirt, then traced a heart shape around Luhan's wound. That was when Luhan pulled away.

"It's making me upset because I love you so much that I need you to be happy, and goddammit, Sehun, but you're beautiful, okay? You'll never be ugly and I'll never stop loving you, and when you doubt that, it's like you're doubting me, and you're doubting my faith, and I hate it, Sehun, I hate it so much, because it hurts so bad."

He spoke so fast that it took Sehun a moment to realize what he'd said, and when he put it together, he felt so guilty that it was visble.

"Please don't be upset," Luhan said. "I hate making you upset."

"I'm so sorry, Xiao Lu," Sehun said, ignoring Luhan's last comment. "This is my fault. You don't deserve to be hurt like this. You-"

"Don't even say it," Luhan cut in angrily. "I don't deserve anyone better than you, I don't want anyone better than you, because they'd be perfect. Perfection doesn't exist, Sehun, but you come as close to it as possible." He tucked his head back into the crook of Sehun's neck.

"You're wrong."

"No, I'm not, dammit. I don't deserve anyone better-"

"Perfection does exist, Luhan, because you're perfect."

"Then you are too." Sehun opened his mouth to deny that, but stopped himself because Luhan hated it. Instead, he just held the older boy on his lap, rubbing slow circles on his back. He rested his head on top of Luhan's.

They don't even know how long they stayed there.

------------

Joonmyeon stood in his room that he shared with Jongdae, rummaging through the closet and eventually pulling out a dress shirt and accompanying black pants.

"Joonmyeon, what are you doing?" He jumped when he heard Jongdae's voice. He blushed, embarrassed, and tried to regain his composure.

"Getting ready," Joonmyeon said, "for our date."

"Date? What date?"

"You and I are going on a date, mister," Joonmyeon said, turning around to tap Jongdae's nose. He pulled off his t-shirt and began to pull on his dress shirt.

"But I look terrible!" Jongdae shouted, flailing his arms. Joonmyeon stopped buttoning his shirt to hug his boyfriend, struggling to pin his arms down.

"No, you don't," the elder whispered in Jongdae's ear. "You look amazing, as always." Jongdae pushed him off.

"Liar."

"I'm not lying!" Joonmyeon went to hug Jongdae again, but he ducked out of the way and tossed Joonmyeon his dress pants.

"Just get dressed."

"You're still beautiful, even with a black eye, Jongdae."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Jongdae said, hiding his small smile. He dug out his dress shirt and pants, then pulled his t-shirt off in one swift movement. He felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist and turned his head to see Joonmyeon resting his chin on the younger's shoulder.

"Oh you beautiful, beautiful-"

"Don't-"

"Even forgetting time or sleep-"

"Joonmyeon-"

"Oh you beautiful, beautiful, I'm dreaming a dream of you forever." Joonmyeon smiled and pecked Jongdae's cheek, earning a long sigh from the other.

"God, you're so greasy."

"But you love it, right?"

"Of course I do," Jongdae said, a small smile playing on his lips. His hands fell on top of Joonmyeon's and he turned to kiss the older boy. Joonmyeon smiled into the kiss, pulling Jongdae just a little bit closer. It was longer than a peck, but not too much longer. When Jongdae finally pulled away, he blushed.

"Joonmyeon, I'm half-."

"Oh! Right," Jonmyeon said, turning away. "Get ready and we'll go out."

Jongdae quickly pulled on his shirt and pants, then turned around and saw Joonmyeon sitting on the bed, facing away from him. He took the opportunity to practically jump on Joonmyeon from behind, burying his face in the elder's shoulder.

"We have to go soon, Jongdae."

"Exactly. We have to go soon, not right now." Joonmyeon sighed, smiling, and sat there, cherishing the feeling of Jongdae's arms around him for a few minutes. The younger finally crawled off, but pecked his cheek before standing up and grabbing his hand.

"Well, shall we go?" Jongdae said, a dumb smile crossing his face.

Joonmyeon laced their fingers together and they walked in silence to the elevator and out the front door.

"You rented a limousine?" Jongdae asked.

"Nope."

"Who did?"

"Baekhyun."

"Baekhyun rented a limousine? Where did he get the money for that?"

"He gave up a bunch of his makeup money."

"Oh my god," Jongdae said, a huge smile on his face as he laughed. Joonmyeon walked him over to his own car (which was still a quite fancy black convertible) and opened the passenger side door for Jongdae, smiling. Jongdae laughed and hit him gently on the shoulder, getting in. He walked over to his side and got in.

"You're such a gentleman, Joonmyeon, it's kind of annoying," Jongdae joked. "You never let me do anything for myself!"

"I know," Joonmyeon answered, smiling. "But you love it."

"Yeah, I do."

The rest of the drive was silent.

"Don't open your door, Jongdae, I have to let you out," Joonmyeon teased, getting out of the car. Jongdae rolled his eyes and got out, then laced his fingers together with Joonmyeon's as they walked in together.

"Table for Mr. Kim," Joonmyeon said as they approached the waiter at the entrance. The waiter flicked a glance up and down Joonmyeon, then the couple's link hands, and finally looked and Jongdae, staring at his eye. Joonmyeon cleared his throat.

"Ah, sorry, right this way," the waiter said, guiding the couple to a table in the back of the restaurant. Jongdae tugged his hand away from Joonmyeon's and sat down, refusing to look at the other.

"I told you I look terrible," Jongdae muttered, feeling bad.

"Hey, hey," Joonmyeon said, grabbing Jongdae's hand and pulling the boy up to hug him. "You look beautiful to me, and that's all that matters, right?"

"Yeah, I guess." They sat down and had lunch, talking about various things, including Jiwoo and Jihoon.

"So, who are the mothers?" Jongdae asked.

"Huh?"

"Who are their mothers and who are their fathers?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we're their family now. Who will they call the mom and who will they call dad?"

"Shouldn't they call us all dad?"

"Nope," Jongdae said, smirking. "You are definitely a mother." Joonmyeon laughed.

"Is that so?"

"I'm thinking Kris, Minseok, Sehun, Chanyeol, Kai, and I would be the dads."

"No, I'd be a dad."

"Is that so?" Jongdae said, smirking again. "Who says so?" Joonmyeon leaned close to him, voice dropping.

"You do, in bed," Joonmyeon whispered, causing Jongdae's face to turn a bright red. It was silent for a while as Joonmyeon continued eating, a small smirk on his face. Jongdae was frozen.

"Okay, so I'd be a mom then."

"That seems better."

"Shut up," Jongdae said, reaching over to hit Joonmyeon's shoulder.

"We could give them singing lessons together!" Joonmyeon's eyes sparkled. "And Jongin could teach them to dance, and Luhan could play soccer with them, and..."

"But when will we have time for all that?" Jongdae asked, brow furrowed in confusion. Joonmyeon was silent for a second.

"Duo mission testing starts tomorrow," Joonmyeon said.

"Since when?"

"Since just now. Whoever's not on the mission can play with the kids. Of course, you couldn't participate, and neither could Yixing."

"I'm okay," Jongdae said.

"No, you're not, and I'm gonna take care of you all day tomorrow."

"Of course you are."

------------

Chanyeol looked around the room, panting and sweating. He and Jongin had practiced a lot longer than they had planned to. He pulled off his t-shirt and threw it on the floor, then sat down, leaning against the wall. He noticed Baekhyun was missing but decided to get up in a few minutes to look for him, after he regained his breath.

Then the door opened.

Baekhyun walked in the door, hands behind his back.

"Chanyeollie?" He said, looking around and trying to find Chanyeol. When he spotted him half- and panting, he blushed and looked away.

"Come here, Baekkie," Chanyeol said, holding out his arms. Baekhyun smiled and walked over, then set something beside him and straddled Chanyeol to hug him.
Was that...

"You got me a boquet of roses?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun nuzzled his head into Chanyeol's neck.

"Yes," he muttered into Chanyeol's collarbone. "They're not as beautiful as you are, though."

"You're so greasy." Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun back a little bit and leaned in to kiss him.

Baekhyun's lips were soft against Chanyeol's sweat-covered lips. The younger's hands went to tangle in Baekhyun's hair and Baekhyun smiled into the kiss. He was suddenly overwhelmed by how happy Chanyeol made him just by being there. He pulled away and showered Chanyeol's face in kisses, making the taller one smile.

"Why are you being so adorable today?" Chanyeol aksed, smile still on his face.

"Today needs to be perfect," Baekhyun said, leaning in to whisper in Chanyeol's ear, "just for you." He giggled and Chanyeol hugged him again, laughing. Baekhyun tried to pull away and Chanyeol fell on top of him, his smile even broader than before. He brushed the hair off of Baekhyun's face and sighed.

"I love you so much, Baekhyun."

"I love you so much, Chanyeol. Get up, though. We have to get ready," Baekhyun said, smiling widely. Chanyeol thought his eye smile was so cute.

"What do we have to get ready for?"

"Did you forget? I'm taking you on a date, silly. Now come on." Baekhyun laced his fingers together with Chanyeol's and opened the door, holding it open for the giant. They walked down the hallway together, Baekhyun resting his head on Chanyeol's shoulder.

"You're cute," Chanyeol said without thinking. Baekhyun smiled and they got on the elevator. Baekhyun slipped his elevator card into the keycard slot, put in his code, 2A4N, and hit the button for floor 19. Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into a hug and didn't let go until the elevator stopped. Even then, he kept their fingers together.

"Get your clothes off," Baekhyun said, then blushed at how it sounded. "I'm going to dress you up." He pulled out a nice black suit with a white dress shirt and a black tie. When he turned around, Chanyeol stood in only his boxers. His face turned bright red. "Put your own pants on," Baekhyun said, tossing them over to him.

By the time he crossed the room, Chanyeol's pants were on, so he took the dress shirt and got behind Chanyeol, pulling it on his arms, then pulling the suit jacket on. The buttoned it up and blushed when he saw Chanyeol's goofy smile.

"I'll put on my tie and you can get ready," Chanyeol said.

"No," Baekhyun said, putting it around his neck. "I want to." He tied it on, and by the time he was done, he was blushing. He ran his fingers along Chanyeol's neck and placed a few little kisses on the younger's neck, then turned around to get himself dressed.

He had pulled his pants on and was about to pull his shirt on when he felt Chanyeol's arms lace around his waist and blushed.

"I want to dress you," Chanyeol muttered into Baekhyun's ear, placing a small kiss on his shoulder. He grabbed the shirt from Baekhyun and pulled it on him, taking the opportunity to brush his fingers along Baekhyun's torso as he buttoned it up. He grabbed the suit jacket and put that on, too, then tied the tie on, just as Baekhyun had done for him.

"You look amazing, Baekkie," Chanyeol said as he hugged Baekhyun one more time.

"You, too, Chanyeol." Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol's hand and guided him out to the elevator and they went down. He passed Joonmyeon and Jongdae on his way out and mouthed a quick 'thank you' to the elder, making Joonmyeon smile.

"Oh my god, no way," Chanyeol said. "You did not rent a limousine for this night."

"I did," Baekhyun said. "I won't be able to afford much of anything else for a while, but I wanted this to be perfect for you."

"Did I mention I love you, Baekhyunnie?" Chanyeol smiled and kissed Baekhyun's hand, laughing as Baekhyun held the door open for him to let him in. He pulled Baekhyun in right after him, making the smaller boy laugh as well. They didn't let go of each other the entire time in the car.

Baekhyun got more nervous as they got closer to the restaurant. Chanyeol noticed and leaned over to whisper in his ear.

"It'll be perfect because I'm with you, Baek."

Baekhyun blushed as they got out of the car and walked into the restaurant.

"Table for Mr. Byun," Baekhyun said, fidgeting with his fingers. Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand and kissed it, smiling goofily. The waiter led them to a table by the window so they could look out at the busy city. It wasn't a sight for everyone, but somehow, Chanyeol never tired of seeing the bright lights of a city that never sleeps at night. Baekhyun had made sure to reserve this table because he knew Chanyeol would love the sight.

"Wow," Chanyeol whispered as he sat down, his eyes fixed on the cars blurring by. He reached for Baekhyun's hand over the table and slowly directed his gaze to his boyfriend.

"I hope you liked the table I picked out," Baekhyun said shyly.

"I love it, but not as much as I love you."

Baekhyun blushed again.

When the waiter came for their orders, Baekhyun ordered the same thing that Chanyeol did.

They didn't talk much during the meal, just smiling at each other a lot and eating. Baekhyun got really nervous towards the end. When Chanyeol pushed away his plate, Baekhyun squeezed his boyfriend's hand.

"So, Chanyeol, we've been together for two years now." Two amazing, glorious, beautiful, happy years. And hopefully many more.

"Yeah. It's been a great two years, hasn't it?" Chanyeol flashed him a huge smile.

"Yeah, it has," Baekhyun answered, smiling. "I love you." And that's something that will never change.

"I love you too, Baekhyunnie."

Baekhyun let go of Chanyeol's hand, standing up. All right, he thought. This is it. I can do this.

"Chanyeol," Baekhyun said, his voice shaky. He pulled a box out of his jacket pocket and got down on one knee, opening the box and finally making eye contact with his boyfriend. "Will you marry me?"

Chanyeol's eyes widened and his mouth opened in a smile, standing up. The giant covered his face with his hands, trying to hide his immense blush, peeking through his fingers. The ring was silver with a few little diamonds in it, and it was absolutely gorgeous.

"Will you marry me?" Baekhyun repeated, his eyes forming crescents as he smiled widely. Chanyeol jumped up and down a little bit and squealed quietly, then held out his shaking left hand. Baekhyun slipped the ring on, his hand just as shaky, and jumped up to hug Chanyeol, dropping the box. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun so hard the smaller boy could barely breathe, but he didn't care.

Chanyeol had said yes.

He was so happy he could cry, and he did tear up a little bit. He pulled back and kissed Chanyeol hard, but it wasn't fast or rough. It was filled with love and happiness. The last two years were reflected in it; the struggles that they had gone through had only made them stronger, and they were prepared to face many more. The entire restaurant was applauding.

Chanyeol pulled away and leaned his forehead on Baekhyun's. The couple could only smile and look at each other.

"I love you," Baekhyun said.

"I love you too."

 

(A/N: Hi~ I hope you liked this chapter. Woo, proposal! It made me happy to write this. The little Hunhan bit happened in the morning after everyone got up, then the Suchen bit happened in the afternoon, and finally, the Baekyeol part, in the evening. For anyone that doesn't know, the song Joonmyeon started to sing was Beautiful (Korean Version) by EXO - the translated lyrics. Duo missions will start with Taoris, so look forward to that! I'll be on the plane home all day tomorrow though, so I might not get the next chapter up. I'm sorry this one was a bit shorter. Also, sorry that there wasn't any Xiulay or Taoris or Kaisoo in this chapter. There will be more focusing on them later, though. Well, have a good morning/day/evening, everyone~)