Chapter 1

You Found Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I could just have ramyun instead you know, I'm not that hungry actually." Chanyeol said picking up his white coat as he swiftly walked across the lobby, politely bowing to a nurse walking by.

His large rimmed glassed were perched low on his nose-bridge as he pushed them back with his free hand. The only thing he could hear was his shoes clicking loudly and his mother's worried voice as she continued to lecture him on his poor eating habits while he walked towards the elevator.

 

"I know mom, I know. But I doubt anything will be open at this hour anyways"

Chanyeol knew there were probably a few food joints open around his workplace but he couldn’t be bothered about food at the moment. He’d just gotten off his 18 hour shift which meant sleep was the only thing he was looking forward to and not his mom’s constant nagging.

"There's a food centre next to your building which remains open 24/7."

"But the food tastes awful there!" Chanyeol protested.

"I'm having none your whining today Chanyeol, I saw you last week and I know how helpful your instant ramyun's been for you."

"Mom.."

"Come back home Chanyeol"

Chanyeol let out a loud sigh.

“Mom I studied medicine for a reason. I can't be a rich brat spending his parent's fortune forever, you know that."

"Are you going to buy some food or do I have to drag you back here?"

"Alright! I'm going mom, gosh you're such a bother even living 6000 miles away" Chanyeol groaned as he pushed open the glass door of the building's entrance.

Giving a slight bow to the security guy he briskly walked past his car parked out front.

 

 

After months of being an intern, he was finally a medical resident at one of the Korea’s biggest Hospital groups which obviously meant he had to put in way more effort than his seniors to survive the place. Even if he wanted to run away from the harsh world sometimes, he felt his need to help people outweighed his comfort.

Chanyeol gave a sympathetic glace towards a kitten mewling and shivering next to an overflowing dumpster that obviously was left neglected for far too long.

The cold city air was chilling despite his fur jacket and scarves but not thick enough to cushion his fall as he tripped on the sidewalk with his white coat and bag falling on the pavement. He let out a deep groan picking up his mess and cursing under his breath. The kitten scurried away clearly surprised due to a giant creature suddenly falling on his own damn .

He lifted his stinging palms to see that tiny pieces of glass splinters had punctured his smooth skin revealing shiny beads of blood underneath. It then came to his notice that glass shards were all over the place including on the ground to where the kitten had run off to.

His inner doctor-who-saves-all instinct kicked in and he wanted to make sure the kitten wasn’t hurt.

 

Walking into the dark alley gave him goosebumps since he was never really was fond of the unknown. Chanyeol almost gave up looking for the kitten after a couple of minutes when he heard soft whimpering coming from the darkness further back. For a second he thought it was the cat but it was too human like. Turning on his heels he started to flee that place because he was too -scared to face what lay beyond the visible alley.

But what if it indeed is a human in actual pain and not (god-forbid) a two-headed monster waiting for his next victim to fall prey for the far-too-simple trick of luring curious passer-bys into a dark alley?

Switching on his cellphone flash light he hesitantly walked towards the source of the sound.

 

Laying in front of him was a boy curled up in a ball, violently shivering and possibly sobbing too. Taken aback from the scene in front of him it took Chanyeol a while to find his voice.

"Oh god.. I..uhm, could I help you?"

He seems to be in a lot of pain.

"Err.. excuse me, but.. um.. are you okay?

No response.

He knelt down on the filthy, garbage covered ground and noticed that not only the boy's arms but also his face was covered with bruises black and blue. The clothes he wore were far too thin yet too large for his frail body. Chanyeol almost instantly removed his jacket and placed it on the boy and was suprised when the shivering boy shot up and moved back up against the wall. His face expressed profound shock and fear which made Chanyeol throw his hands up

"Oh no.. I didn't umm.. I'm sorry if I alarmed you I'm sorry." he informed the boy, stuttering, utterly confused by the whole ordeal. 

The harsh weather didn't help the situation and without the jacket the air felt like needles against his skin trying to pry their way in despite his thick sweater.

"I just thought you could use my jacket you sounded like you were...." Chanyeol's voice trailed off as he couldn't fathom who or what could have caused those large contusions on the boy's face.

"Oh , that must hurt a lot, oh my god" Chanyeol exclaimed kneeling back again and examining the boy's face. He carefully lifted his face up and ran his thumb softly across the boy's left cheek where the skin was not broken unlike his right cheek which wasn't only bruised but was bleeding as well. It took Chanyeol a while to realise that the boy now was taking short and quick breaths as chest was rising and falling too rapidly; as if he was bracing himself for danger. His eyes were wide open and filled with pure terror.

"Hey, hey you need to know I'm not gonna hurt you. I won't hurt you I promise."

The fear in his eyes didn't seem to waver

"I'm going to take you to my hospital now okay?"

No response. Just two big shaky eyes staring back into Chanyeol’s with horror

"Can you stand up?”

The boy had squeezed his eyes shut and was not ready to talk back.

“I’ll bring my car my over in a second and we’re going to the hospital okay?”

Just as Chanyeol started to rise he felt feeble hands grab his ankle.

“Please...no… not the.. not the hospital. The cops..I can’t. Please don’t” The boy begged in a strained voice gasping between words.

Oh crap this is some weird I’m getting myself into.

“I’ll be back in minute don’t worry”

Parking his car in front of the alley Chanyeol realized that that the boy was no more near the dumpster. In the far end of the lane he could see the silhouette of a hunched soul dragging his feet. Clearly the boy didn’t want his help but something within him couldn’t just let it go. He wanted to help him.

I need to help him

There was no way the boy could outrun Chanyeol.

“Look I don’t know why you’re running away, but I’m not going to hurt you.” Standing stiff against the wall the boy was looking with fear stricken eyes yet again. Chanyeol felt like monster at that moment and the boy a caged animal.

“Please… p-please d-don’t please don’t” the boy whimpered shivering with fear.

“But…. “

“Please no-not th-the hospital, not the hospital” the boy cried.

“Okay, okay, okay alright but let me help you, I can help you.”

“No! Don’t touch me, don’t!” the boy spoke in a raspy voice

“Please let me help you” Chanyeol reached out to help him up.

“Get away from me! P-Please don’t touch me!”

“God dammit you’ll freeze out here!” Chanyeol snapped at him and tried scooping up the boy. He was light and fragile and Chanyeol was afraid the boy might crumble into pieces if he wasn’t careful.

The boy resisted and squirmed but his strongest efforts were to no avail.

He is so weak.

He shoved him the backseat as there was no way in hell Chanyeol was letting this boy freeze to death.

The ride home was rather a quiet one. Maybe he fell asleep or maybe he passed out. Either way Chanyeol was taking him home. The unforgiving weather would’ve probably frozen him to death.

This is wrong on so many levels. This is almost like kidnapping.

No, helping a homeless person slash possible drug addict slash possible pick-pocketer isn’t a crime. I’ll leave him after I give him first aid. Yeah. This isn’t wrong

He picked the boy with ease and ushered himself into his apartment. Laying the boy down on his king sized bed, he turned up the heat in the room and tucked him under warm blankets surrounding him with feather pillows. Even though a warm night’s slee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter