Mark

Sophie & Mark

Mark

Mark thought he would never see her again. He finally convinced himself that he did indeed imagine her on that day. There was no way she could be studying at Seoul University. Because it had been two weeks and there were no signs of her whatsoever.

He had given up on all hopes of ever seeing her again. It was like waiting for snow at the Sahara Desert. Well, almost. Because come Monday morning when he walked into class she was there, sitting at the last row like she had been there all along.

It was Creative Writing, a class he had to take for extra credit activity. He was surprised to see her there. If he remembered correctly, she had not a single creative bone in her body. She was excellent in drawing, but writing wasn’t exactly her forte. So what was she doing here?

He stepped towards her cautiously, though he doubted she noticed him. She was too lost in doodling on her book. He smiled to himself. There was a time when his name decorated all her textbooks. She thought he wouldn’t notice amidst all the song lyrics she scribbled, but he did. And his heart would flutter every time he caught sight of his name. But they were practically adults now. Would his name still be on any of her books this time?

He slid into the seat next to her, aware that the so called hottest girl in class was staring at him appreciatively. But he couldn't see her. His eyes were decorated with images of Sophie, the weird long hair girl sitting at the back of the class. Exactly his type of girl.

Mark cleared his throat, realizing too late that he didn't want to talk to her in class, not in front of everybody. And besides, he didn't even know what to say.

Hello?


Chapter Posted on: Apr. 5. 2015