Chapter 7

Not love at first sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I snuggled up on my side, pulling the duvet up over my head and closed my eyes. I didn’t mind staying in bed all day. And yes i’m not going to school. Not after Donghyuk’s confession of my crush on Yunhyeong. Me knowing them knew my secret scared me. I mean how will they react towards it? I guess i didn’t have the courage to see them for now, mostly Yunhyeong.

Maybe i could make my day awesome by watching my favourite animated movies of all time- Shrek, Shrek 2, Shrek The Third and Shrek Forever After- whilst munching on two family size bags of chips. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Those who disobey the will of Shrek will often smell onions before meeting a horrific yet well-deserved demise at the hands of Shrek.

Well, atleast i managed a planned schedule before Jiyong burst in plopping down beside me. “Aren’t you supposed to get ready for school?”

“I thought of skipping it since i don’t feel very well” I lied.

“Really?” He touched my forehead as if checking my temperature “ No fever”

“But i really don’t feel well” I whined, not wanting to go to school.

“That’s too bad” He smirked “I’ll go and make some broccoli juice then. It will definitely make you feel better”

“Ew! No” I almost puke at the thought of the green vegetable juice. I hate it. That thing tastes horribly bad.

“Anyway why did you fake a sickness?” He asked, nudging his head towards the ceiling.

“It’s nothing. I just don’t feel like going to school”

“And instead spend your entire day in this little room of yours watching the green monster huh?” He said mockingly emphasizing the word ‘little’ and ‘green monster’.

“He has a name okay?” I sighed “And my room is the best place on this planet and as you can see it is covered with band posters so be sure to not touch them in case you happen to pass by and also to include my collection of living dead dolls and Shrek DVDs”

“Yea i’ll be sure of that” He sang getting up “Now get your lazy out of bed and get ready for school. Junhoe’s waiting outside”

Arghh! I groaned knowing he won’t let me skip school for no reason. I have my own perfect legitimate reason which qualified the fact that i can skip school. But even if i did tell him, i bet he’d just shrugged it off.

Hopping out of my comfy bed i went straight to the bathroom. I stretched and rubbed my eyes when suddenly i slipped on something slippery and my back went right in contact with the floor with a loud thud.

“DRAGON!!!!!!”

______

“I can’t believe you’re making me late almost everyday. What did you do in the mornings? I don’t think you drove the kindergarten children to school nor being a breakfast chef in some restaurant. Is your mornings shorter than others or i mean h- sorry” Junhoe quickly apologised before realising he bumped into a wall, not a living creature. He shook his head and again averted his gaze on me as he continued his ranting which much anger as i was suppressing my laughter “How did you even managed not to turn up early even for once? Have you not had enough of the punishments?”

I burst out laughing rewinding the scene where he apologized to a freakin wall. He looked so dumb. I would be laughing my off if we weren’t on our way to school, walking as fast as possible if i may add. The thing was that this morning i was too busy chasing my brother- for leaving soap in the middle of the bathroom floor- that i didn’t know it was getting late which resulted us missing the bus and ended up walking. Followed by Junhoe’s ranting since then.

“I wish you bumped into a running bus” He scoffed tearing his glare off me.

“You should have seen your face” I said, trying to calm down as he sped up, probably trying to depart with those long ostrich legs of his.

I tried my best to walk in sync which was hardly possible. Thank God we almost reached the school, only a few blocks away.

Then as if something happened, Junhoe suddenly halted turning around to face me, his eyes slightly scrunched as he eyed me. Did i have something on my face? Or did my right eye disappear? Or maybe a bug on my face. 

I hate bugs, like seriously hate them, especially hungry bugs. I am not scared of them though. On what’s not that big a planet, there are 10 quintillion bugs, or 1.5 billion bugs for every living human, and they make up 80% of the world’s species. What a shame!

I shook away my thoughts and found him still staring at me. “Err.. you’re sort of freaking me out right now?”

“Jaelyn” was all he said.

OMG he probably found out it was me who accidentally broke one of his MJ’s cd’s. I gasped in horror. My life is over. Bye. “Look it was an acc-”

“You like Yunhyeong” He blurted out, making me jumped in surprised. “I recall what Donghyuk said yesterday and..” A smirked slowly formed on his lips “It’s true! You like him!” He shouted.

“Calm down people might hear you” I sighed. This was worse than breaking his cd.

“How long has it been now?”

“I dunno” I shrugged. “Maybe two years”

“Wow” He exclaimed. “Truth is you too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter