Chapter 3

Not love at first sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dragon dinner’s ready. You better get your here before it cools down” I placed two bowls on the table and start digging mine. 

“Coming blobfish” 

“Be the good boy you are and don’t call me that. If not, your food is gone”

“You know what’ll happen if my food is gone”

“Screw you”

“Says the one”

Whatever. I decided to let it slip this time and was joined by him in a minute. I eyed him from head to toe and i have to admit that he looks really cool in his baggy polo shirt and Mecca jeans with his hip hop high top sneakers showing its tongues out. “Wow! You look like a real rapper”. I can’t help but compliment.

“That’s because i am a real rapper”

“Yea yea, a nanny rapper”

“Excuse me?”

“Pretend you didn’t hear that”

“But i heard it” Here we go again. I shouldn’t have complimented him. “By the way, i saw your dancing”

“You did?” I didn’t expect this.

“Yea, didn’t know you could dance” He tried to suppress his laugh by sipping a spoonful of bibimbap in his mouth.

“So?”

“What do you mean by ‘so’?”

“Well, aren’t you gonna torment that stupid Hanbin for me”

“Why would i do that?”

“I am your sister for God’s sake”

“Nah.. do it yourself” Great! Even my very own brother is on that devil’s side. “I was thinking if you two should go out together”

“You know very well that we’re always together”

“No, i mean, like girlfriend- boyfriend” I choked on my food and he immediately patted my back. What has the world done to him? He thinks we suit each other? That’s a no no.

“Never will that happen”

“Why? He’s handsome, manly and i bet all the girls wanna get under his pants” I once again choked my food and he again patted my back. This time, he offered me water. Anyway, why does he think of him that way? I mean Hanbin might be handsome and all but he’s nothing compared to Yunhyeong. And why can’t my brother see that?

“Don’t you ever try to hook me up with him. Besides, he has someone he likes and i..do too” I muttered the last part.

“That’s exactly what i am saying. Hanbin loves Mickey Mouse as much as you love Shrek. Why can’t you see that you’re bound to be together?” Bless my dear brother for still seeing me as a little kid.

“But, why Hanbin? Bobby also loves Pooh and Yunhyeong loves lip balm” Yes, i won’t miss out my Yoyo.

“Simple. Shrek doesn’t need lip balm and imagine him being with Pooh, the Earth will stop revolving and the asteroids will hit the Earth, the world will lose oxygen, the sun will explode and the aliens will take over us”

“And what’s the difference from Shrek being with Mickey Mouse?”

“When will my little sister finally grow up?” He dramatically sigh and massage his forehead. “Shrek without Mickey Mouse is blind and Mickey Mouse without Shrek is empty and handicap. So, they have to be united. Once they are united, someone will assassinate the grim reaper and free humankind from death’s binding grip” He physically explained as if he was scared i might not get it.I can’t help but smiled at his childish theory.

“You never know if Shrek might need a lip balm”

“Have you ever seen him using a lip balm in the movie?” He gave me a ‘duh’ look. I guess he still doesn’t get the clue.

“You should be awarded noble prize for that”

“I think so too” And with that, he finished his meal, ruffled my hair and got ready to rap at NB2, one of the best hip hop club in Seoul. He does that every night as his night job while he babysits at daytime.

“I hope you fall from stage tonight. Bye” I waved and took the empty bowls to the dishwasher.

“Don’t worry i won’t let that happen” He returned the wave and closed the door. Likewise, i was left alone again. After doing my chores, i decided to stroll down the streets since i wasn’t planning to study.

The sky was clear and one could see stars twinkling and dazzling. I tried counting them but gave up at the count of ten. The atmosphere was cool which brings cosiness to the people. Couples were walking hand in hand, friends hanging out and families dinning out. I frowned at the site of families but it soon vanished the moment i spotted a small crowd, which seemed to be girls of my age screaming and shouting. I wondered what exactly could be the reason that caused them to scream and decided to go find out.

“The free hug goes to...drum roll please” The girls were screaming and competing against each other who amongst them could raise their hand the highest. “The girl in Shrek’s t-shirt. Please come forward”

As if something bad happened, the screaming and shouting was replaced by a complete silence. It was as quiet as a Sunday mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter