Chapter 5

Not love at first sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back in the fifth grade, Hanbin once told me he feared no one and that he will chop off the heads of those who dared to fight and underestimate him.

But his situation here totally proved him wrong. Helplessly lying on the ground, he let out groans every time Mino hit him. A part of me pitied him while the other part considered it as a compensation for spending my lifetime with a worthless dude.

“You emaciated lanky fellows” With my hands still clutching on Jennie’s hair, i looked over and saw a man which i assumed to be in his thirties approaching us. Examining his figure, he shouldn’t be calling us lanky when he is in fact, as skinny as a rail with his bones visible under his discoloured vest. “Fighting in front of my house huh?” He said as he blew his cigarette into a red glow which illuminated the whole of his face.

Being an elderly he was, we immediately stopped whatever we were doing. What actually scared me was his dog. Don’t get me wrong. I love dogs. But not this skinny black bold looking dog which seemed ready to bite us the instant his master ordered him to.

“No one has ever misbehaved in front of the great Tablo’s house” He took another puff, ash falling from the tip of his cigarette. “You kids got something to say?”

No one dared to move an inch and instead remained frozen at our spot. “S-sorry”. Even Mino’s voice came out shaky and Hanbin on the other hand, turned all white.

“Kids these days” He shook his head lighting another cigarette. He began his way towards us when he stubbed his foot on something solid, falling hard to the ground. He fell face first, throwing his arms out as the cigarette he had loosely between his lips became dislodged and plummeted to the ground. “!”

The urge to run filled me but at the same time feared his dog would chase me. All i wanted was to go home and feed my poor stomach. We had been out for two hours now and i haven’t eaten anything after lunch, except that one of ice cream before smashing onto Hanbin’s chest. Right, which reminds me that everything happened, was his fault.

“Listen kids, i don’t give a damn what your problem is, but fighting in front of my house is a big no. So get your outta here and don’t let me see your stinky faces ever again”

I kept running stumbling over and over again until i was out of sight. Such an appalling incident!

“Wait there stupid” Hanbin slowed down just to walk beside me. I could see him laughing at me in the corner of my eye, mockingly. He really didn’t have to worsen my already bad mood. “You look like a right now”.

“At least i don’t have blood in my mouth and my eyes are not beaten shut like yours” I really meant that.

“Still, i’m not a craven like you”

“Blah blah blah think whatever you want” I smacked his head and end up covering my ears the entire way home.

                                                                   

                                                            

“Hurry up, we’re going to be late!” Junhoe yelled, banging the door. He never fails to hasten me.

After witnessing Jiyong was still sleeping, i hurriedly grabbed my backpack and ran to the front door. “Hey sassy boy”

“You’re five minutes later than yesterday” He pointed out.

“Late is better than never. Now let’s hurry”

It took us ten minutes to walk to the bus stop. Likewise, there were tons of people waiting for the bus.

“Get in before it gets rushy. These old ladies are stronger than they seem” Junhoe whispered to me as he noticed the bus coming.

The women around us gathered and there was a commotion in the air as the bus approaches. Everyone was aware, eyes alert, these women prepared to stumble and fall right in, push and shove just to get a seat. But i won’t let that happen. We’re running late and had to get school on time.

The bus stopped, door ajar. What happened next was the least expected. I reached the handle, attempted a climb but was pulled right back in a solid jerk and fall backwards having all the women rushed right in with no concern.

Having no other choice, we end up standing with Junhoe glaring at me throughout the bus ride.

                                                             

                                                               

The horrible sound of a ringing bell filled my ears as we flocked into our form room. I seated myself at my usual place and waited for the teacher to arrive.

Right on cue, Ms. Chaerin walked in and greeted. We grudgingly removed our books from our bags and got ready for our Math lesson. I have never been particularly good at Math, so i can say it was not my favourite subject.

The equations on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter