Chapter 6

Not love at first sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sweat ran down Yunhyeong’s face as he sprinted. Two obstacles lay in front of him. He made a split-second decision that sealed his fate. Moving fluidly and trying to make it look as real as possible, he lunged to the left and then quickly cut to the right. The black and white ball at his feet moved with him as if they were connected. He drew his leg back as though cocking a gun. His foot contacted the ball with a crisp, hollow sound that made me smile. It flew across the grass and into the lower left corner of the net, scoring the winning goal for the blue team.

“Hurray!!!!” I jump from where i was seated and cheered as i threw my hands up not knowing i accidentally strike Donghyuk’s jaw with my elbow which i recognised only after he winched in pain.

“Ouch! Watch out woman!” He glared picking up his book which had fallen from the impact.

“Sorry”

This was why i love PE. I always got the chance to see Yunhyeong playing soccer after finishing my course.

“What are you reading Mr. Bookworm?” Likewise, Donghyuk would be reading as well.

“A brief history of time by Stephen Hawking. This book plunges into the exotic realms of black-”

“Please”

“Okay then i won’t tell” He pretend to zip his mouth.

We stayed like that, until we notice Lee Hayi, a very tiny girl approaching us.

“Hey there guys” She flashed a smile.

“Hey” We both greeted back.

“Um...mind if i talk to you for a sec Jaelyn?”

“S-sure” That’s weird. We never talk to each other before.

We walked round the field and as for me i felt a bit awkward since this was the first time i’m talking to her in my high school years.

“So” She started clearing .

“Yes?” Being the curious me, i was eager to know what exactly was inside her mind.

“You’ve been friends with Hanbin since childhood right?”

Speaking of that, my first encounter with him at the age of 8 flashback in my mind.

“Okay class we’ve got a new student” The pretty teacher smiled as she motioned me to walk inside the classroom. “You can call me Ms. Dara and please introduce yourself”

I did as she told and nervously waved “Hi! I’m Kwon Jaelyn and nice to meet you all” I bowed.

“Okay Jaelyn go and sit beside Chanwoo”

The boy who seemed to be Chanwoo immediately raised his hand and i made my way towards him.

“Hi” Chanwoo smiled and added “How old are you?”

“Eight”

“I’m seven and that means i can call you nuna. Yay!” He clapped. How adorable!

“Hello my cute dongsaeng” I can’t help but pinched his chubby cheeks.

We talk about stuffs like why all superheroes wore skin tights and underpants on the outside, asking each other which ice cream flavour we like until a boy sitting behind us interrupted.

“Quiet ugly newbie” He said pulling my hair.

Was pulling my hair really necessary? I turned around and gave him a glare.

“Don’t look at me like that”

“I hope Santa brings you a book of manners” I stuck my tongue out before turning back.

“You little monster” He retorted, taking his chewing gum out of his mouth and stick it into my hair. He didn’t just place it but decided he would rather squash it into my hair. Worst was that i had to spend the day with chewing gum on my hair.

 

“That punk” I spat out.

“What were you thinking?” Hayi waved her hand in front of me.

“Oh..it’s nothing” I snapped “And yes you can say we’re friends since childhood” Frenemies actually. “But why asked?”

“Well..” She paused “I like him”

“WHAT?”

Am i hearing wrong or is there something wrong with my ears?

“It’s true i really do like him. Look at him i mean his face God he’s perfectly handsome...”

Handsome my .

“And his well defined physique...”

Ewwww he reminds me of a kangaroo.

“And his manliness drives me crazy..”

Hello he’s actually an annoying Gaylord professor.

“Hey what’s with that face?” She nudged me. I guess she noticed the look on my face.

“Sorry i was trying to digest what you said” I tried holding back my laughter. Someone actually like stupid Hanbin! Seriously! “You know what?”

“What?” She narrowed her eyes.

“He farts a lot”

“Really?”

“Believe me it smells extremely terrible that you could possibly die in need of fresh air”

“Hm? Tell me what smells terrible stupid” Hanbin popped out of nowhere slinging his arm over my shoulder.

Just in time. All i have to do is make these two a couple and let them live happily ever after.

“Oh i see you made a new friend huh? Trying to abandon me?” He clutched his heart dramatically.

“Hanbin this is Hayi” I said as i removed his hand off my shoulder which came right back on again. This is not okay especially in front of the girl who has a crush on him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter