Chapter 4

Not love at first sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“According to legend, the panda was once an all-white bear. When a small girl tried to save a panda cub from being attacked by a leopard, the leopard killed the girl instead. Pandas came to her funeral wearing armbands of black ashes. As they wiped their eyes, hugged each other, and covered the ears, they smudged the black ashes” The fact that Mr. Seungri and his unnecessary lecturing about pandas in every Accountancy class is another thing that degrades my grades. Every time he brought up the topic ‘pandas’, his lips would curl into a smile and with all his dark circles and the amount of inspiration he had, it is as if he was one of them.

*BRINGGGG*

“Okay class, that’s it for today and i promise we will learn accounting the next class. I’m sorry that i can’t help myself fantasying how awesome pandas are. You guys know what? A giant panda can peel and eat a bamboo shoot in about 40 seconds. Can you believe that? They are absolutely AMAZING! Even a baby panda-”

“Seonsaengnimmmmmmm” We all groaned in frustration.

“Okay okay i’m going” He stuck his tongue out before taking his leave while singing his composed panda song. Such a cheerful man he is. I chuckled and hurriedly made my way towards the cafeteria before anyone manages to take a seat next to Yunhyeong. What weird is that we never bother waiting each other and instead head our own ways even though we’re all of the same class.

Just as i expected, the seat beside Yunhyeong was definitely not taken and i mentally roared in victory. I can’t help but danced along the way which earned me a weird look from Ms. Bom, the school’s chief cook. I slightly bowed as an apology and looked up to see Yunhyeong waving at me. My brain felt like mush and i suddenly felt like i can’t walk straight. The butterflies in my stomach were so crazy that i almost trip as the angels sang Hallelujah Chorus in perfect harmonies. This boy will be the end of me!

“Hey Jae” He flipped his hair with his long lean fingers and winked at me. The world stopped at that moment and my stomach was doing nonstop back flips.

“Hey Yoyo” I occupied the precious empty seat and returned a ludicrous blinked in attempt to give a y wink.

“I’ll consider that as a wink” He laughed, showing his absolutely white perfect teeth.

“So, how many confessions so far today?”

“You really wanna know?”

“Yea” Let’s hope only ugly people confessed.

“Okay, there’s one at the bus stop, another one at another bus stop, the third one at the entrance of the school and the last one just before class started. If you sum up that would mean 4” And the fact that not only me but almost everyone in this school crushing on Yunhyeong makes me want to commit a crime.

“And you reject them all?” Please say yes say yes say yes.

“Why wouldn’t i?” He narrowed his eyes as i faked a cough in attempt to hide my smile.

“Why would you?” I also really want to know why he never dated one of them.

“Because... i have someone i like” My heart skipped a beat as he took a quick glanced at me. Could that be me? I don’t think so. I shouldn’t get my hopes too high. Besides, he probably wouldn’t see me as more than a friend. It’s crazy how his simple words could rip my heart out of my chest. I want him like a desert rose wants a distant storm. But i dared not to ask him who that girl was because my heart will assuredly need sewing.

“Why can’t girls admit that i’m more handsome than Yoyo?” We all shifted our heads at Bobby who nervously chuckled upon realising all eyes were on him “Ah ha ha ha..i was just kidding” Restraining my eyes off him, i became all moody again.

     _________________________________________________

“Promise me you guys won’t make out” Bobby teased and bid his goodbye before heading off to the volleyball court.  I still can’t imagine him being the captain of the school’s volleyball team.

Jinhwan was grounded to clean the toilets for a week as a penalty for not doing his homework. Junhoe and Donghyuk excused themselves to attend a vocal lesson which was shifted after school. Yunhyeong was visiting his grandmother and brought Chanwoo along with him. And here i am, on my way home with the annoying Hanbin.

It was a warm and sunny afternoon outside, the kind that makes people feel like. But on the inside, i was bristling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter