D.O.: Reassurance

EXO Wedding Scenarios

A/N: Sorry for the super late update, guys! I really wanted to make this one perfect since he is my bias! :) I hope you understand. Enjoy! ;)

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Everyone was running around frantically, trying to make ends meet. You were sitting in the waiting room, dressed and ready, facing the huge floor-length mirror in a comfortable chair.

Behind you, your best friend of many years now and the person who introduced you to Kyungsoo and the rest of the children, was Chanyeol. He had his arms crossed as he sat on the bed behind you and looked worriedly at the clock just next to the mirror in front of you.

“I bet he’s nervous, Chanyeol. Let me see him… I don’t care about tradition, let me see him!” you whined as your crossed your arms and pouted, making eye contact through the mirror.

Chanyeol shook his head and tutted, “Unless he comes in here demanding to see you, I will not allow you to see him!” he countered as he lifted himself off the bed and resorted to straightening out your veil for the thousandth time to pass time.

You sighed loudly and swatted his hands away as you stood up. You glared at Chanyeol as he reached for you and you stormed out of the room, down the hallway, and into the room where you know Kyungsoo is also waiting for you.

You barely knocked before opening the door and you heard Chanyeol groan behind you at your impatient actions as you stormed into the room. You found the room quiet as you saw Kyungsoo with his head in his hands, sitting in a chair identical to the one you sat in.

A few seconds after your arrival, you saw no response from Kyungsoo and became worried as you looked at Jongin who was sitting in front of him on the floor, silently asking questions on whether Kyungsoo was okay.

Jongin threw you a panicked look and quickly shook his head, all this silently as he tried to pry Kyungsoo’s hands from his head. Your eyes widened and you turned to Chanyeol who had come in and closed the door behind him.

He shrugged and pointed at Kyungsoo and raised his eyebrows. You looked worriedly at Chanyeol and then walked towards Kyungsoo, kneeling on the ground next to him, careful not the damage the thin white dress.

Jongin looked at you, nodded, and then stood to leave the room, dragging a protesting Chanyeol with him. And suddenly you were alone with Kyungsoo, who you assumed was having a nervous breakdown.

You lifted your hands and covered his hands with yours, successfully pulling his hands away from his face as he realised it was you and relaxed his shoulders.

You looked into his eyes and noticed his prominent frown, his gaze wandering to anywhere but your own gaze. You blinked and sighed.

“Kyungsoo, are you okay? Do you want to wait a little longer?” you whispered and he finally made eye contact, his gaze instantly showed guilt and panic and he shook his head desperately. He reached for your hands that you had pulled away and squeezed them to reassure you.

You gave him a small smile and nodded, and he responded with a small nod. As soon as his hands let go of yours, you noticed he seemed to pick at invisible lint on his sleeves and that he kept running a hand through his hair.

You frowned and sighed, “You’re obviously not okay… We can wait until tomorrow, it’s okay!”

He looked surprised and then frowned again, “Shut up! You don’t know anything!” he snapped loudly and his eyes widened at his sudden outburst.

You couldn’t deny that you felt a bit hurt at his aggressiveness, but you quickly masked it with a small smile; he was probably just nervous anyway.

He cursed to himself quietly and he seemed to be pulling at his hair so you started to pry his hands away from his hair. His shoulders tensed and smacked your hands away and stood up quickly and walked across the room.

You frowned and blinked to will the tears away. You prayed he wasn’t thinking of suddenly ending it here after all those years together.

He turned around and noticed your rapidly dampening eyes and ran towards you and hurried to wipe away your tears with his handkerchief from his pocket.

You chuckled at his guilty yet serious face as he wiped your tears. He stopped and looked into your eyes, “You’re so confusing right now, Kyungsoo… One moment you’re shouting, then next you’re holding my face as if I was going to break…” you whispered as his hands fell at his sides and he sat down comfortably on the floor in front of you.

He looked at his hands that were fiddling nervously, he looked up at you every few seconds as you waited for a coherent sentence from him.

He sighed loudly and shook his head, threading his hand through his hair again. He kept fondling either his hair or the handkerchief in his hands. “I… I’m sorry…” he pouted with his thick lips and he looked up at you with huge eyes that pleaded for forgiveness.

You rolled your eyes and chuckled at his puppy eyes and pout, “How can I not forgive those eyes? In fact, how can I not forgive the man who cries more than me when we watch anime together?” you with a small grin.

He closed his eyes and groaned, “You’re never going to let me live that down, are you?” he asked as he put his handkerchief back in his pocket.

“Nope!” you laughed loudly and put your hands over his.

“So, what’s eating you? Why are you so nervous?” you asked with a reassuring smile as his eyes reopened, shining with pure adoration as well as some uncertainty.

You forced him to keep looking at you as you squeezed his hands, “I can’t help but feel like something is going to wrong… I want everything to be perfect for you!” his voice got louder and more aggressive towards the end.

You tutted at his display, “This sure feels familiar… Remember when you first started dating me?” you chuckled and his face reddened and he started glaring at you. That didn’t stop you from reminiscing the moment…

~~~~~4 years ago~~~~~

The group, and by extension - you, had decided to go to a ramen house since there was no food in the house thanks to Sehun refusing to go shopping the day before.

Everyone had quickly chosen which car they were riding in after a lot of arguing and before you knew it, you were in a car with Tao at the wheel (“Is this safe??” you wondered), Jongin in the passenger seat, and Kyungsoo pressed against you in the back seats of the small sports car.

Tao and Jongin were very loud in the car, you soon discovered, as you and Kyungsoo covered your ears to prevent the inevitable bursting of your ear drums if you heard another of Tao’s squeals as he attempted to reach the high notes of ‘I will always love you’.

Throughout the torturous car journey, you noticed that Kyungsoo’s gaze occasionally shifted from glaring at Jongin and Tao through the rear-view mirror to side-glancing at your face and then hurriedly returning to his glaring.

You chose to assume that it was just your brain over-analysing and trying to finding affection where none lies, but you couldn’t deny that Kyungsoo is gorgeous. From his pristine white skin that glowed like a porcelain doll, to his large eyes that expressed most of his emotions. And then your gaze settled on his full lips and you flushed at your indecent thoughts and turned towards the front once more.

You didn’t notice Kyungsoo’s blush as he noticed your straying gaze and blush, and Jongin’s smug grin through the rear-view mirror as he eyed you two.

Once you had arrived safe and sound at the ramen place without Tao bursting your eardrums with his ‘womanly voice’, everyone started loudly conversing with each other as you all entered the ramen place.

You had all chosen your food and were conversing with each other. The group of thirteen were all sat in two different rectangular booths, since they were the biggest ones, next to each other with a thin glass screen separating them.

You had had a small battle of glares with Baekhyun who had wanted to sit next to Kyungsoo, but you had won and now sat with a grin of victory next to Kyungsoo, who was also sitting next to his best friend, Jongin.

In front of you, opposite the table, sat Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Junmyeon, and Sehun. The other members sat in the other booth that was significantly quieter now; their food had arrived.

The members at your table had all started their own conversations and you joined Chanyeol as he teased Baekhyun, your laughter making the members pause and glance at you before continuing with their usual conversation.

You noticed that Kyungsoo’s gaze lingered on you for a moment too long but you chose to ignore it; again, over-analysing.

When the food arrived, the table turned silent as everyone dug into the delicious-looking ramen.

Every few minutes, you noticed Kyungsoo looking at you for a few moments before whispering something to Jongin and continuing to eat his ramen.

This carried on every few minutes until Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “What are you two whispering about like little lovebirds?” he teased with his normal rectangle smile.

Sehun swallowed and added, “Probably confessing their love for miso ramen!” A chorus of laughs followed his addition, with Kyungsoo’s glare and Jongin’s light blush and awkward chuckle.

It was easy to mistake them for a couple. You suddenly felt a pain in your chest and lowered your head. This gesture did not fail to be noticed by Chanyeol who eyed your obvious pain and discomfort with pity.

For the rest of the night, you refused to focus on anything other than your shin ramen and Chanyeol’s adorable attempts at cheering you up. You completely missed Kyungsoo’s worried glances at you as he noticed your sour mood.

You appreciated Chanyeol’s attempts, but no matter how many chopsticks he stuck up his nostrils; you still didn’t the see the walrus that Baekhyun claimed to see.

Eventually, everyone finished their ramen and everyone was headed back to their rides. You quickly rushed to Sehun’s car to hitch a ride with Chanyeol but your hopes were dashed as you were pulled by someone into Baekhyun’s car.

You noticed that the soft grip on your wrist was not Minseok as you had assumed, but instead it was Kyungsoo’s gentle hands. You sat in the back seat with Kyungsoo again, although this time with more space, with Baekhyun and Jongdae conversing loudly in the front as the car started up and left the car park.

You felt awkward underneath Kyungsoo’s unwavering gaze as he looked at you, seeming to be in deep thought. You were suddenly glad that Jongdae was so loud as he distracted Baekhyun from seeing your bitter mood.

“Yah…” Kyungsoo grabbed your attention quietly with his soft voice and he was running his hands through his hair as he tried to make eye contact with you.

“Did you enjoy the ramen today?” he asked with a small blush. You chuckled at his awkwardness as he started fiddling with the ends of his sleeves.

“Yeah, I really enjoyed it… It was probably the best shin ramen I’ve ever eaten!” you tried to alleviate his awkwardness as you patted your stomach and your lips, drawing a grin from him as laughed at your display.

He seemed less nervous as he started, “Well, do you want to come back here with me next week? Alone, that is…” he asked with a nervous tight-lipped smiled.

You raised your eyebrows in surprise and nodded enthusiastically, “I would love to!” You were inwardly cheering at how lucky you were… Perhaps all that built-up karma was finally paying off?

Kyungsoo gifted you with one of those rare genuine smiles and grabbed your hands with both hands, “Then it’s a deal! I’ll come pick you up same time next week so don’t be late!”

You wouldn’t dare to be even a second late.

~~~~~x~~~~~

“Remember how nervous you were then? You’re always nervous…” you stated quietly as you his hands with your thumbs to relax him. It had always worked in the past.

He pouted, “I’ll kill you if you keep bringing these moments up…” he tried to sound threatening, but it utterly failed as he was still obviously nervous.

You laughed and gave him a crooked grin, “Remember when I caught you discussing how to propose to me with Chanyeol?”

He groaned and rolled his eyes…

~~~~~x~~~~~

You had just come home from dinner at your parent’s house to your shared apartment with Kyungsoo, and you found yourself behind a closed door listening to your boyfriend talk to your best friend.

You had initially felt immense guilt since it’s rude to eavesdrop, but you just couldn’t help it.

You had wanted to surprise Kyungsoo so you got in without making a noise and were sneaking into the bedroom, only to hear your boyfriend say the word ‘proposal’ accompanied by a familiar deep voice from your kitchen.

And before you knew it, you were sitting next to the closed kitchen door, listening to Kyungsoo brainstorm ideas.

Ideas of what? How to propose to you.

“I know she loves ramen but it seems really stupid to propose at a ramen house…” you heard Kyungsoo mutter and Chanyeol agree with a short grunt, you imagined Chanyeol was currently in deep thought with his eyes closed, arms crossed, a small frown.

“I know she isn’t a romantic person so I really wouldn’t do a big restaurant proposal, if I were you…” Chanyeol added. Kyungsoo scoffed, “I know, I learnt that after our first anniversary celebration and 365 roses…” he trailed off and Chanyeol suddenly burst out in hysterical laughter.

You didn’t want to overhear, you wanted a surprise. But your ears were glued to the crevice of the door.

A few more ideas were discussed and you suddenly heard Kyungsoo stand up, “She’s late… She should be here by now. Did she text you?” You panicked. Would they spot you?

Yours nerves relaxed when you realised that they were walking towards the sitting room that was joined to the kitchen. However, you still stood up and prepared to open the door and loudly announce your presence.

“Take her to spa and ask her to marry you as she gets a massage and you serenade her?” Chanyeol laughed loudly but his laugh was cut short as you lightly slapped the back of his head.

Kyungsoo’s eyes were opened much wider than usual, “Yah! Don’t scare me like that!” Chanyeol complained and pouted as he fixed his hair. He suddenly realised what he had been talking about and looked up at you, “You weren’t listening, were you?” he pleaded silently.

You frowned, inwardly laughing, “Listening to what? I just arrived!” you scoffed and rolled your eyes.

He looked relieved and sighed. Kyungsoo stood to greet you with his awkward smile and you offered him a smile as you both hugged each other. You were all sitting on the two sofas, you next to Kyungsoo who sat opposite Chanyeol.

They both seemed relieved but Kyungsoo was messing with the hem of his grey hoodie and looking down. You laughed and time passed quickly as you three started discussing Baekhyun’s antics earlier that day.

“Well, I should be leaving now…” Chanyeol announced with a yawn and stood up to leave and grab his coat from off one of the arm rests of the sofa.

Kyungsoo stood up as well to see Chanyeol out but they both froze as you crossed your arms, “Oh, and please don’t ever suggest serenading me. That would make all my blood rush to my face and you would have a dead best friend and fiancée in your hands…”

Their eyes widened to impossible levels, their mouths hung open and Chanyeol’s coat seemed to gain a thousand wrinkles from his hands. It was like a scene from an anime as you stood there, smirking.

Kyungsoo started running a hand through his hair again and Chanyeol chuckled awkwardly, “Yeah… okay…” they both chorused and you laughed at their comical expressions.

~~~~~x~~~~~

You were laughing loudly as you recounted the funny encounter to Kyungsoo whilst continuing to his hands lazily with your thumbs.

Kyungsoo often got panicked or nervous and after many years of dating him, you knew exactly how to relax him. You knew it was just the nerves that were making him jittery, so you couldn’t not forgive his earlier outburst.

“I almost gave up the idea of proposing to you after that, you know? I was so embarrassed!” he attempted to scold you for bringing it up but his face was too red for it to succeed and you could do nothing but smile at how adorable he is.

How did you ever get so lucky?

How did you end up with an angel with the temper of an angered demon?

~~~~~x~~~~~

You were pretty sure you knew exactly what was going on but you were still nervous and excited, and Kyungsoo’s refusal to satisfy your curiosity on where you two were going was driving you nuts.

You were in a cab with darkened windows in the back seat with Kyungsoo your hands next to you.

You couldn’t see the outside but you guessed you were outside of Seoul as you had been in that cab for at least half an hour.

To alleviate your boredom, Kyungsoo had taken to your hands the entire time and occasionally kissing them whilst he recounted his important or adorable moments with you.

You were touched and sometimes a little tear escaped one of your eyes, but the tears were quickly wiped away with Kyungsoo’s hands or sometimes his lips.

You felt like he was pouring his affections for you in the only way he knew; bluntly.

He repeat that phrase over and over again as he described the moment he noticed that small mole behind your ear.

“I never knew that I would come to worship a small congregation of melanin behind your ear but here I am three years later, still fascinated and discovering new ones every day all over your body…” he paused from his monologue as he looked into your eyes and leaned so close to you that you could feel his breath, “You know that I love you, right?” he whispered.

You were drunk on his scent, his touch, his words, his voice, his lips… And you wanted even more.

And then the taxi stopped and Kyungsoo gave you a gaze of apology, kissed your forehead and pulled away. You blinked and exhaled to calm your beating heart.

You saw the door open briefly as Kyungsoo left the car and suddenly the door next to you opened, with Kyungsoo standing there with a shy smile and a hand extended towards you.

It was then that you noticed he was wearing a black tuxedo with a black bowtie and his hair styled into slight gelled curls. He looked like the human embodiment of classy style.

You shook your head and grabbed his hand as he pulled you out of the taxi and into…

A field.

It was a beautiful field littered with bushes of roses of Sharon that seemed to reflect the moonlight and glow.

You were speechless as your eyes explored the seemingly never-ending clearing and you noticed a blanket laid out a little way away from you on the ground.

You looked towards Kyungsoo with grateful eyes and he gave you one of his angelic smiles as he led you towards the blanket hand-in-hand.

Once you reached the blanket, he pushed you to sit down and he sat next to you with his legs stretched out. You felt a little nervous as he began to remove objects from the hamper basket that you hadn’t noticed he was carrying.

He noticed your nervousness and frowned, “Relax!” he scolded you. After you stiffened even more with your hands in your lap, his serious façade cracked and he began to laugh. “Your reactions are priceless…” he shook his head and continued to chuckle.

You pouted and punched his arm lightly, “Yah!” you complained. He still laughed but he patted the top of your head instead, “So cute…” he whispered and shook his head.

And so you spent a beautiful moonlit night having dinner with Kyungsoo, the stars shining for your young love and partner. Your life couldn’t get more perfect.

You suddenly appreciated the long taxi ride, not only did you get to spend some precious minutes with Kyungsoo, but you were also far away from the city, allowing for a sky full of stars and galaxies encircling the moon.

And before you knew it, you were sitting in his lap with your back to his chest and his head next to yours on your shoulder.

You were enveloped in a peaceful silence as Kyungsoo sighed with his eyes closed and his arms wrapped around your body.

Your eyes were turned to the sky as you lazily his hands over your stomach.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked quietly in your ear, his warm breath creating goosebumps all over your body.

You continued looking at the stars and you felt his hands leave yours and move around slightly.

“I’m thanking whichever god is in charge of the stars for allowing ours to cross paths…” you stated as a soft breeze made your hair blow.

You felt his arms encircle your body again. He kissed your shoulder and you felt his hands open your own hands and push something into them.

It was a small red box.

“Open it.” He whispered simply into your ear, arms still wrapped around your waist.

You swallowed and opened it, revealing a silver ring with a small diamond seemingly floating on top of it.

You gasped and tears began to escape your eyes. Kyungsoo happily helped you by removing the ring from the box and sliding it onto your ring finger.

“Be mine?” he asked quietly as he kissed the side of your face, his lips lowering towards your jaw and then the corner of your lips.

You nodded, words failing you, and he turned you to face him in his lap and kissed away your tears before passionately kissing you.

~~~~~x~~~~~

“I think that was the most perfect proposal a woman could ask for, so either Chanyeol had an amazing epiphany or you really thought hard about it…” you said as you ran yours hands down his face in an attempt to relax him and his furrowed eyebrows.

He searched for something in your eyes with a satisfied smile on his lips, “It was a combination of those two methods.” He finally revealed.

You smiled and he smiled back, finally relaxed and ready to face the guests waiting outside that hallway.

“You ready?” you asked as you stood up, dragging him by the arm as you did so.

He nodded with a grin, “Ready.” He answered with absolute confidence.

~~~~~x~~~~~

Kyungsoo had rushed to the hospital the fastest he could, given the traffic situation in Seoul, as soon as he got the news of your admittance.

The reception lady must have been terrified as she faced the nation’s favourite idol with a worried frown on his face, demanding what room you were in.

You believed that Kyungsoo probably shook the hospital to its core with his loud and frantic footsteps down the ward.

He reached your room and a nurse greeted him just as he was about to enter the room.

“How is she? Did it go well?” he asked loudly, his shaky voice betraying his attempts to conceal the panic and emotion.

The nurse smiled, “Yes, she’s in there. Just walk in.” she pointed at the door and Kyungsoo wasted no time in storming into the room.

He was greeted with your red and sweaty face with hair in a messy bun. He was panting from the panic, but his heart stilled when he saw the lump of blankets in your arms.

He looked up at your face and he broke out in a massive grin as he walked towards the bed.

You smiled tiredly and revealed the face of the child in your arms.

Yours and Kyungsoo’s child.

“Her name is Haemi… Do Haemi.” You whispered as he grabbed the child with a gleeful face and rapidly dampening eyes.

“Haemi…” the name rolled off his tongue as if it was always meant to be said.

“You really gave your mother a hard time, huh?” and you both smiled at each other.

It couldn’t be more perfect.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Did you enjoy it? I hope you did!