Suho: Diamonds

EXO Wedding Scenarios

Heya guys! hetacat here! Just wanted to let you know that this chapter is currently being completely rewritten since I'm simply not happy with it. You are welcome to read this version until the new one is posted but please bear in mind that this scenario is not representative of the scenarios after this one. I will advise skipping to next scenario if you want a good reading experience. :) For reasons why, please check out Chapter 5: Exams Hiatus. 

~~~~~~x~~~~~~x~~~~~~x~~~~~~

You were pulled into the room by your best friend, Baekhyun, as he pushed you towards the big mirror in the middle of the dressing room. You stood in front of the mirror, shaking as your nerves were frayed from the wedding that you were starring in in just four hours. You gulped as you looked at yourself with messy hair, eye bags from the sleepless night last night as you worried over the details, and tatty jeans. You sighed.

“How am I supposed to turn up at my wedding looking this tired, Baek?”

Baekhyun gave you a disapproving frown and shook his head as he hugged you from behind and rested his head on your shoulder.

“You’ll be amazing, just you wait!” he fist-pumped with his familiar rectangle grin in the mirror. Then you felt his warm and comforting figure leave your back as he lifted a white dress from the sofa nearby.

The dress reflected and refracted the lights of the room as if it were made of glass, or even ice. You were speechless and you gasped and brought your hands to your mouth as Baekhyun held up the dress for you to see and then walked towards you.

As he came closer you noticed that it wasn’t the dress that was reflecting the light, but the tiny crystals scattered across the chiffon on the uppermost layer of the dress. There must’ve been hundreds just on the corset bodice of the dress and it looked like the epitome of expensive.

Your eyes widened and you turned to look at yourself in the mirror and fiddled with your hair and sighed dejectedly.

“Don’t look like that… Junmyeon didn’t get this made for you to see you like that. He got this designed just for you because you deserve this much so don’t you dare think you’re not good enough because there are more than a thousand people standing in that huge room just 400m away from us that would certainly argue otherwise!” Baekhyun pouted as he started to push the dress into your hands.

He turned to leave and call your mother and bridesmaids when you suddenly grabbed his wrist, “Stay outside, okay?” you begged with the heavy dress draped over your left arm.

He smiled gently and nodded before stepping out, “Hey, bridesmaids, it’s your turn now!” You gulped.

~~~~~x~~~~~

You watched your reflection turn as the dress swayed with you. The white dress gave you a womanly air with its empire waistline just under your bust, the tight corset bodice that gave you a silhouette that most women would kill for, and then endless amount of crystals scattered across the dress.

Baekhyun was behind you picking at the long train that featured an impressive amount of crystals and small embroidery daisies. He held the veil in his two hands as you turned to face him with eyes threatening to overflow with tears.

He looked shocked for a moment as he pinned your veil on your braided up-do with white daisies woven into the braids. Then he grabbed a tissue from the tissue box near the mirror and wiped your tears, “Don’t smudge the makeup or he really will reconsider at the altar!” he teased and then looked guilty as a look of panic flooded your face.

“I’m only joking!” he hurriedly said with a small chuckle. You smiled and he pulled the veil over your head and led you out of the room towards the end of the hallway where your dad stood with a proud smile on his face.

You felt Baekhyun let go of your hand and hand you over to your dad but you couldn’t be sure as you felt your heart pound in your ears and became hyper aware of every sparkle of the crystals on your veil which shielded your face.

You wrapped your arm around your father’s and felt him squeeze your hand as Baekhyun took his place as best man next to your fiancé, Junmyeon.

Your fiancé, who looked handsome with his hair styled in its usual effortlessly messy yet organised blond nest and a black tuxedo that hugged his toned legs from all the dancing he’d done in the past.

Your suddenly felt self-conscious as he attempted to sneak a shy glance and gasped in what you hoped was pleasant surprise. Your white dress with its long train that trailed behind you and the lace veil and the constant glow of crystal made you suddenly think a lot harder about taking a step forward, even with the guidance of your father.

You walked slowly down the aisle and felt everyone’s gaze admire your dress and silhouette under the thick veil. You could feel your hands turn clammy as you crept closer to the altar and to the gaze of your fiancé whose eyes shone with nothing short of admiration and love.

Finally, your father let go of your hand and you felt Junmyeon grab your hand and you were thankful for the reassuring warmth of his hand that stopped you from collapsing under your weak knees.

You focused your gaze on your hands as he held them tightly and squeezed them to calm your nerves. You lifted your head to look at him and you were awed by his serene face that seemed calm with his shining eyes that overflowed with pride and emotion.

You opened your mouth to say something but you felt another squeeze and remembered where you were and straightened your back and tried to focus on whatever the vicar was saying. Your eyes kept straying to your linked hands in front of you and you found yourself staring at the way Junmyeon your thumb in a lazy rhythm and you weren’t sure if it was to comfort you or himself, but you silently thanked him for the movement.

Then as those special two words were about to leave his lips, you saw what seemed like a halo of light around his existence and you marvelled at how you married a man with such a comforting smile that could ease your insecurities within the blink of an eye.

You heard him chuckle lightly and shake his head and you were confused until you noticed everyone’s impatient gazes on you. You blushed and looked into his eyes once more, “I do.” You declared with absolute certainty.

Junmyeon looked nervous yet still effortlessly beautiful as he lifted your heavy veil and pulled it behind your hair and admired your features. You wore makeup to conceal your dark circles from worrying over the wedding all night long and they were still partly visible, but he shared a dazzling smile anyway as he held you close to his body.

You felt breathless as he leaned into you and he hurriedly snatched your lips into a searing passionate kiss that left you with even less breath, if that was even possible. The kiss lasted a few seconds and you could only hold onto the back of his tuxedo and focus on the way his lips engraved his taste into your mouth and claimed you forever his.

In later years you would remember the roaring crowd applauding you and Baekhyun’s proud grin as he screamed both of your names with Chanyeol’s hands drawing calming circles in Baekhyun’s palms.

 Junmyeon pulled away and gazed lovingly into your eyes with his arms still around your waist and you struggled to regain your breath with his face still so close to yours.

You tuned out the cheers of everyone and Baekhyun’s upcoming hug as you leaned into Junmyeon’s ear and whispered, “Were the crystals your idea?”

You pulled away to witness his guilty expression as he looked at you and gave you a crooked grin, “Swarovski suits you, does it not?” he whispered into the air between your faces.

“I look like I’ve bathed in diamonds, Junmyeon.” You pretended to be annoyed with a pout and a light squeeze of his right bicep since you were still in his arms.

“Maybe that’s how I wanted it to be…” he whispered as he stole another deep kiss from you and dipped you under the daisy topiaries.

“You are my little diamond after all. I think you deserve to look like a diamond just once in your life, don’t you?” he chuckled as he shielded you from the rose petals and rice being thrown at the both of you.

You shook your head with a small smile and leaned closer into his arms, “As long as the dress for the dance isn’t a disco ball, I love it.” You sighed in contentment as he hugged you and you pressed your face into the crook of his neck and breathed in his scent that was now yours.

A/N: I'm not really satisfied with the ending and the fail attempt at humour but I can't do much better with Suho unfortunately... :( If you have any suggestions on how to improve the ending, please send them my way! ;)

I apologise for the terrible description of the dress... If you need visual aid, you can imagine the dress as the one below this line. It isn't the exact dress I pictured but it's the closest I could find. ;)

Your wedding dress, designed by Junmyeon himself! ;D