Chanyeol: Petals

EXO Wedding Scenarios

You couldn’t find it in you to refuse Chanyeol’s begging to take you on a tour of Seoul despite the upcoming deadline of your college thesis being only a week away and being in the great position of having nothing done so far.

It’s not that you didn’t want to go, it’s just that a part of you wanted to actually work. Although, about 99% of you craved Chanyeol’s attention and his loving gaze.

Despite not being able to match his towering height, his eyes still perfectly met yours as he had somehow found a way to pour out his love for you with only his eyes.

And let’s not even mention that kilowatt smile that could probably burn an angel’s eyes.

And it was during those moments that you fell even deeper in love with the man-child called Chanyeol that become your partner, in both love and life, over three years ago now.

It had been during the height of his career when EXO had broken multiple records with their EXOluxion tour that he confessed to you in front of his group members as you all celebrated the success of the concerts in your hotel room.

You took a moment to reminisce the moment which you had engraved into your memory.

~~~~~3 years ago~~~~~

You laughed loudly as Jongdae cracked another joke about Yixing’s eagerness to show his abs and you felt Jongin hit the nearest thing to him, which happened to be your left arm as your entire right side was pressed against Chanyeol who was trying to get you to breathe.

“Yah! You really need to stop laughing and breathe! I swear your lips are turning blue!” Chanyeol joked with a bright grin but you couldn’t deny the worried tone of his voice.

“Okay, okay!” you whispered breathlessly as you clutched your stomach and pinched Jongin’s thighs to get him off your arm before you gained a thousand bruises. Then you stood up from the sofa you had been on with Chanyeol and Jongin and began to stretch out your arms and yawned.

“I think it’s time for me to go to sleep now so get out of my room, you bunch of rowdy buffalos!” you jokingly crossed your arms as you eyed every over-excited boy in the room. Sehun rolled his eyes and crossed his arms and then lifted an eyebrow.

“Says the person who suggested we all gather in here to celebrate!” he questioned and you saw Tao swallow down a giggle as he high-fived Sehun discreetly, but you still saw it.

You rolled your eyes, “Whatever! Just get out; I’m tired and you guys have another concert tomorrow!” You saw Yixing and Junmyeon nod in agreement and they lifted themselves from their seats on the floor and suddenly almost everyone stood to leave, except for Chanyeol.

You made eye-contact with him and you heard Junmyeon ask, “You coming, Chanyeol?” as he was about to leave the hotel room.

Chanyeol stood up and looked towards the group, “Actually, I have something I want to say…” he said quietly and you saw him bite his lips nervously and fiddle with the hemline of his baggy hoodie.

You saw Junmyeon put on a panicked and distraught face before Chanyeol realised what it sounded like, “I’m not leaving!!” he hurriedly shouted, albeit loudly, and shook his hands violently in front of him.

The members all seemed to release a breath of relief that they didn’t realise they were holding and they all stood against the wall of the room with you sitting on the bed and Chanyeol standing between the door and the bed with the sofas behind him.

Chanyeol started fiddling with his sleeves now and you faked impatience as you frowned and looked at Chanyeol with expectant eyes. You noticed the way his hair looked messy and tousled after a long night of dancing and the way his skin was still a little damp from the shower he took just a little while ago and you suddenly began to appreciate his tight jeans.

He blushed furiously and turned towards you, thus turning his back towards the rest of the members. “I, uhh… I…” he seemed to be lost for words and Baekhyun could be seen holding back his undoubtedly loud laughter with his fist. Chanyeol quickly heard the small chuckles escaping his blocked mouth and blushed even deeper and ducked his head.

Then he suddenly brought his head back up with a determined grin and put his arms behind his back as he uttered words that you would treasure for the next three years, “I love you and I want you to be my girlfriend!” he declared loudly with a bashful face but strong and confident words.

The members behind him began to shift from foot to foot as they waited for your response as they already knew that Chanyeol had been holding back a crush for ages anyway. It wasn’t exactly a surprise for you either, but that didn’t make it any easier to calm your rising pulse and blushing face.

You took a few seconds to gather your thoughts, which made Chanyeol’s confidence falter as he began to mess with his hoodie again. It’s like you were deciding on what to say since you had also, admittedly, had a crush on Chanyeol as well. It’s just that you wanted the moment to be special, and since you weren’t necessarily a wordsmith, you needed time to think of the perfect words of acceptance.

In the end, you settled for what you thought was clever but after reflection in the next few weeks was undoubtedly a stupid thing to say, “As long as you can be my boyfriend, I’m more than happy.”

And before you knew it you were wrapped in his tight bear hug with your face pressed against his chest and you drowned in the warmth that his arms provided as they enveloped your body.

~~~~~1 year ago~~~~~

You both laid on the fully made bed of your room facing each other as he caressed your cheek with a sickeningly sweet smile, “How many times can I do this until you get sick of it?” he whispered as you closed your eyes.

“I’m going to go ahead and break maths and say a measure of time and not quantity… An eternity.” You whispered with a small chuckle and a small giggle and a shiver as his other hand pulled you closer to him by the waist.

“I’d be a fool to deny that…” he whispered as he teased you with his breath over your face as he lips hovered over yours and your mind wandered to the trailing hand by your waist.

That night was a night you’d never forget and it was a night where you and Chanyeol became even closer.

~~~~~x~~~~~

You chuckled with as you remembered your past moments together with fondness and you felt the man beside you squeeze your hand on the bus, “What are you chuckling about?” he questioned with a small smile as you moved your gaze from the window and to his face that seemed radiant as the sun shone into the bus.

“Your cheesy- confession in front of all our friends!” you teased as poked his nose and he blushed and covered his face.

“It was the only way I could think of at the time! I was super nervous! Why do you keep teasing me about it?” he whined and pouted once you pulled his hands away from his face.

You gave him a cheeky grin and kissed him gently and he tried to pull you in to kiss you deeper but you pulled away and shook his head. “Don’t even think about it! You’re making me trek all over Seoul and you want a deeper kiss? You’ll have to work harder for that one!” you teased with a grin and leaned back into your seat and focused your gaze back onto the window, fully aware of his pouting face.

~~~~~x~~~~~

“Chanyeol, I’m so tired! Can we just go back home?” You whined into the crook of his neck as you both sat on a bench in a park in the middle of Seoul, or in your case, sat on Chanyeol. Night had already fallen and you had already spent well over ten hours wandering Seoul.

Whilst you appreciated the thought put into the sightseeing trip by Chanyeol on the anniversary of your relationship as he took you to places that you both had been to and wanted to go to; you weren’t exactly a person with great endurance.

He chuckled and you appreciated the deep vibrations of his chest as he spoke, “We won’t be going home tonight…” he trailed off as he started playing with your left hand. You took notice at how he kept eyeing your ring finger.

“…What do you mean?” you asked, afraid of the answer. You felt his chest rumble again as he chuckled and he intertwined his fingers with yours in your left hand and pushed you off him gently.

You stood on your two feet, looked worriedly at Chanyeol and a panicked when he threw you a small smile, still with his hands entwined in yours, and dragged you deep into the city once more.

“Chanyeol!” you shouted and started resisting his pull but quickly gave up as you were reminded of his monster strength compared to yours.

He took you near a main road and called a taxi cab silently whilst you threw him worried glances. Once a taxi arrived, he pulled you in and you saw him whisper something to the driver.

“Chanyeol, this isn’t funny anymore… I’m seriously freaking out here…” you whispered and he looked worriedly at you as if he had just noticed you panicking. His eyes widened.

“Oh god! I didn’t mean to make you worry… Just trust me. Please trust me!” he pulled you into his lap once more and you saw the sincerity in his eyes as he caressed your cheek; which you realised last year seemed to have become a habit of his.

You bit your lip, nodded, and rested your head at the junction between his chest and his neck and closed your eyes. Chanyeol began to your hair gently, a nervous habit of his, and you briefly wondered why.

~~~~~x~~~~~

The cab ride was uneventful after that since the both of you had spent the entire half hour journey breathing each other’s scents and enjoying the warm presence of the other. A comforting atmosphere surrounded the both of you as Chanyeol stopped the taxi in front of the most expensive hotel in Seoul, Lotte World.

The building was imposing in all its grandness and you firmly believed that the driver had taken you to the wrong destination.

Chanyeol squeezed your hand and looked at you from the side with a gentle and comforting smile, “We’ll be going here, tonight.” He articulated as he gently pulled you into the lobby. You heard him ask for the key for a pre-booked room but you were too busy focusing on the glass chandelier illuminating the lobby.

“Come on…” you heard him say quietly in your ear as he took your hand again and led you to the lift towards the end of the lobby. And within a few seconds, you felt like you were flying through the skies in the glass lift that offered a breath-taking view of Seoul.

The ride seemed to last an eternity until the lift suddenly stopped and the doors opened, revealing a dark corridor. You looked at Chanyeol behind you and he put an arm around your waist to comfort your anxiety.

You stepped out of the lift and Chanyeol gave you a torch and lightly pushed you from your waist, “Go on!” he said excitedly. You looked confused and he gave you a reassuring and nervous smile and you felt him pull his arm away from your waist. You were about to turn around to confront him but he grabbed your shoulders to keep you facing forward, “Trust me, baby. Just go.” He said gently and you felt him let go once more.

You hesitantly switched on the torch and pointed it at the ground and began to walk forward. You could hear Chanyeol following behind you at a short distance, as if watching over you. After a few steps you noticed that the marbled floor was littered with rose petals in a line leading to a door on your left.

You turned left and were about to twist the doorknob when you noticed that there was something on the door. You pointed your torch and gasped at the photograph of your first date at an amusement park and chuckled. You sent a glance to Chanyeol who was, no doubt, behind you with a thankful smile.

You finally turned the doorknob and followed the rose petal path once more until the path started being lit by small tea lights scattered around the rose path every few metres. You switched off your torch and found Chanyeol’s hand and handed it back to him. Before he could pull away, you took his hand firmly and you couldn’t feel him pull his hand away so you held onto it.

You followed the tea lights and rose petals and noticed the photographs scattered across the dimly lit room. There were some that were taken by Chanyeol without you noticing, and some taken with the rest of the group, and even some from before you had started dating.

You looked at each one of them before moving onto the next. After about twenty minutes of silence, you could feel Chanyeol start to fidget as you moved agonizingly slowly through the petal path. You chuckled and squeezed his hand, you could already guess what this was leading to.

The path stopped in front of a giant flat-screen TV which seemed to be playing a constant slideshow of even more pictures of you and Chanyeol. You groaned at the pictures which were obviously taken without your permission as you always had a less-than-desirable facial expression.

You felt Chanyeol hug you from behind and wrap his arms around your waist as he rested his chin on your head. You caressed his hands and he pulled your hands into his and you felt him sigh in contentment.

He suddenly pulled away as a video of his love confession all those years ago came on screen on the lone TV in the now well-lit room as he switched on the lights to reveal walls filled with even more pictures and the various love letters each of you had sent to each other when Chanyeol had been overseas.

You moved your hands to cover your mouth as you finished watching the video and admired the collage of pictures and letters that covered the walls of the large room. You felt your eyes water and tears prickle your eyes and they slowly spilled onto your cheeks.

Chanyeol stepped closer to you and he began to kneel on the floor as he took a small box from his pocket.

You started sobbing and he gave you a crooked smile as he opened the small velvet box, revealing a platinum-coloured ring with a modest diamond in the middle surrounded by engravings of what you assumed were your names but the tears in your eyes had blurred your vision.

Chanyeol cleared his throat.

“I know you don’t like expensive things, so I didn’t get you anything too big. So, if you’ll allow me to…” he waited a moment for you to wipe your tears and silence your sniffles.

“Will you give me the honour of marrying you?”

He didn’t wait for your answer as he grabbed your left hand and looked into your eyes, still kneeling, asking permission before he slid the ring onto your finger.

You quickly nodded as you couldn’t trust your voice to not betray you and release the sobs that you knew were hiding in your throat.

He gave you a small and thankful smile and slid the ring on before kissing each of your fingers on each hand and ending it with a kiss to your right hand.

He stood up and embraced you once more.

And then you were not one, but two partners in love, life, and eternity. 

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I know I had a lot of fun writing it and I may have died whilst writing that final scene... >.> I think Chanyeol would be a hopeless romantic just like this!! Feel free to post what you thought of this scenario in the comments below and even suggest things for future chapters!

I loved writing this chapter so I hope you enjoy reading it! :3