Meetings and Hatred

Death's Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Please, Aerum, sit still!” my mother scolded me as I was fidgeting around.  “I can’t do your hair like this!”

“But umma!  You are pulling and yanking it out of my scalp!” I whined, as she twisted another section of my hair and pinned it with a bobby pin.  “I’m going to lose all of my hair because of you!”

“Aish!  No you will not!” my mom laughed at me.  “I just want my baby girl to look stunning tonight.”

“Stunning?” I pouted.  “I look stunning all the time!”

“You do, my girl,” my mother smiled.  “But tonight, I want you to shine.”

“Awww, umma!” I blushed.  “You’re making me mushy!”

“There you go,” my mother finished, placing the last bobby pin in and sprayed a bit of hairspray.  “You look gorgeous honey.”

Oh.  My.  God.  My mother outdid herself.  She got a white rose and placed it on the side of my hair. 

“Umma!  This looks amazing!” I smiled, and hugged her.

My hair was in a beautiful updo.  Her hands worked magic.  I gently put my hand on my hair and touched it.  

“Now, it’s time to put a bit of make up on, and then change into your dress,” my mother smiled.  “Aigoo!  I can’t believe my little girl is growing up so quickly!”

My mom quickly applied some blush and mascara and a tiny bit of eyeliner on my eyes.  Then she dabbed a light lipstick on my lips and told me to blot, handing me a tissue.  I looked stunning.

She stepped back to evaluate me.  Her eyes started to tear up.

“You are so pretty!” she smiled, while a tear escaped her eye.  I got up and hugged her.

“Umma!  Don’t cry; it’s not like I’m leaving forever.  It’s just an induction and a ball.  I’m not getting married and you aren’t giving me away!” I tried to comfort my mom.  Jinwoon peaked his head in the room to see who was crying. 

“Awww umma, it’s ok.  I’ll make sure she will be fine,” Jinwoon said before entering the hug.  His hand started to go up to my head.

“Don’t you dare think about touching my hair!” I growled, making the thorns on the rose more visible.

“Fine.  You got me!” he saw the thorns and put his hand down.  He started to squeeze me and our mom in a hug.

“Oppa!  Stop!  I.  Can’t.  Breathe!”

“Oops!  Sorry!” he smiled sheepishly, before letting go. 

“Jinwoon-ah, you have to go get ready!” our mom said.  “Wear a nice suit and please comb your hair!”

“I know umma!  I know how to dress myself!” Jinwoon whined.

“Yeah yeah,” she smirked.  Then she turned back to me.  “Your dress is in your closet and so are your shoes.  You will look stunning today.”

“Thank you umma,” I smiled and kissed her cheek before she left the room.  I locked the door and went to my closet to look at the dress.

It was a gorgeous two-piece crop dress.  It was a champagne color, which was beaded on the top with diamonds and was semi-opaque towards the bottom of the dress. 

“Umma!”

“What Aerum?”

“Isn’t this dress a bit of a risk?” I asked.

“Why?”

“It’s a crop dress, meaning you will see my stomach.”

“Is it bad that people will see your stomach?  You aren’t fat, are you?”

“Umma!”

“It’s fine, Aerum.  Trust me, you will attract attention so quickly you won’t know what hit you.”

“Umma!  This is an induction.  Not a club!”

“I never said that you were going to a club!  I just want to show off my daughter.  What’s wrong with that?  So many people have doubted the flora and fauna coven.  It’s about time they see who we really are.  And your power can easily scare them off.  Who wants to mess with the girl who can harm them with thorns?” my mom argued.

“Umma does have a point,” Jinwoon replied.  “My baby sister, getting all the guys.  But I will unleash spiders on them if they come too close.”

“Jinwoon!  I am your twin sister…not even your baby sister.  And I can handle guys just fine,” I retorted.

“What if they seduce you?  Then what?”

“Jinwoon!  Aerum!  Stop this silly madness right now,” our mother scolded us.  “Aerum, we have to leave soon.  Your appa will be waiting at the Academy already.  Jinwoon, come here.  Your hair needs to be fixed.”

“Umma!” my twin brother complained.  I snickered before I put on my dress.  I turned to the mirror to assess myself.

Wow.  I’m not going to lie, but I look amazing.  My confidence rose and I laughed in the mirror.  Who knew I could look this amazing?

“Hyung!  Can you help me tie my t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter