The First Victim

Death's Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV

A teenage boy was roaming around a dark, black-out village.  There was no place open for him to stay.  Waking up in an unknown world was not exactly his cup of tea.  Especially when he couldn’t find anyone he knew.

“This is pointless,” he sighed, running his hands through his hair. 

The wind blew softly, carrying the smell of pine and honeysuckle.  The moon was shining bright in the night-sky, while a small group of fireflies flew around him.

It was astonishing to him how he was at the banquet for his induction, and the next thing he knew, he was in the other world.

What to do in a quiet, dark village.  He roamed aimlessly, peeking through windows, only to find the curtains drawn.

This is unbelievable, he thought.  Unbelievable.

In the darkest part of the forest, a male met his friend.

“Hyung, what are we supposed to do here?  This was too early.  He never planned this,” the younger black-haired one asked.

“I don’t know.  But he must have a plan if he even sent us here.  Nothing is ever an accident for him,” the older one looked at the other.

A blonde-haired boy and a girl came running to the men.

“What did you find?”

“He wants to see us.  Now,” the girl panted, catching her breath.

“Did he say where?”

The blonde boy who came with the girl nodded.  “Follow us.”

“Are the others with you?”

“Ani, they are with him,” the girl said. 

“Are they okay?”

“No, they are being tortured and mutilated so we have to hurry!”

“WHAT?!”

“Just kidding,” the blonde boy chuckled.  “But we have to hurry.  He hates waiting.”

“Don’t even pull something as serious as that ever again!” the black-haired boy yelled, smacking the other.

“Hey, don’t hit your hyung!” the blonde boy yelled.  “Learn some respect!”

“Aish!  Why did I even bring you along?” the girl muttered.

“Because of you love me,” the blonde boy smiled.

She scoffed.  “Far from love.  How about hate?”

“Ohhh!  She got you!” the black-haired boy laughed.

“Shut up maknae.  And hyung, stop provoking him,” the boy addressed the blonde and black-haired boys.  “Sorry, noona.  They can be weird at times.”

“I know!  I grew up with you guys.  Now shut up, and let’s go.  Everyone’s waiting for you two slowpokes,” the girl flipped her hair and rolled her eyes.

“Awww, she’s upset.  Do you need a kiss?” the blonde boy ran up to her.

“Shut up and grow up!” she pushed him away.

“Unnie?  Are you ok?” a girl with short hair asked.

“Thank goodness we’ve arrived.  Please, get this doofus off of me!”

“Yes, unnie.”  The girl with short hair came over and pulled the blonde boy away from her.

“Ouch!  Unhand me!”

“‘Unhand me?’  We aren’t living in the 17th century.  You are so weird,” the leader scoffed.

“Guys, stop.”

“What?  Why should we –”

A tall, cloaked figure stepped in front the group of eight boys and girls.  His cold aura froze the teenagers, and his yellow eyes pierced through each person.  He smelled of black – the color, the death, chaos, destruction – which gave each person a bit of evil inside of them.

“Welcome,” the cloaked man murmured, his voice eerily dark.

“Archduke,” the boy leader bowed, and his group bowed as well.  But the three girls were more reluctant.  “What are you doing?  Bow!”

The girls hesitantly bowed, and their leader looked at the ‘archduke’ while bowing.  He caught her action and became furious.  The archduke slapped her.

“Bow, and don’t give me that look!” he snarled.  She didn’t respond, only looking at him with her fierce eyes and wiped the small trickle of blood from the corner of .

“Mianhae,” she mumbled, bowing again, but her eyes said otherwise.  He raised his hand again, but the boy leader stopped him.

“Archduke, I’m very sorry on her behalf.  Please forgive her.  She just isn’t used to this situation.  We just came here today,” he apologized.

“I expect better behavior next time, or there will be punishments, and even death.  I do not tolerate people like her in this place.  Understand?”  The group nodded, and he continued to speak.  “Now, I know that you are all wondering why you are here in Arcana.  I will answer that later.  I need you to do something that is very important.  There are people here who should have never gotten here.  And they are a big threat here.”

“Who?  And how did they get here?”

“It doesn’t matter, we just need to get them out.  Hopefully they aren’t that strong.  I’ve already found one that we can change and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter