The Invitation

Death's Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jeong Aerum!  Wake up this instance!” my mother yelled from the kitchen.  “If you get another detention, I swear you will be grounded till the end of the school year!”

“Umma!  You are making too much noise!” my twin brother, Jinwoon, mumbled from his room.  But my mom and I could hear with our superior hearing.

“Jeong Jinwoon!  Get down here as well!  You need to get ready!” my mom scolded.  “JEONG AREUM!”

“YES UMMA!  I’M COMING!” I shouted from under my covers.

Pop!  My mom was in my room and ripped the covers from my bed.

“Umma!” I whined, but she left just as she had come in.

Pop!  She was in Jinwoon’s room now.  Prepare for the death scream.

“UMMA!!  GIVE IT BACK TO ME!” Jinwoon roared, reaching blindly for his blankets.

“Get up, you lazy bum!” our mother hit him on the head with it.  “You have ten minutes to get ready!  Or you will both be grounded.  I swear your dad and I are ready to send you to another school if you both get another detention again!”

“Aish!  Ok umma!  We’re going!” I gave her the death stare before heading into the bathroom.  I snuck a peak into Jinwoon’s room, and frowned when I spotted his cactus.

“Jinwoon, how hard is it to water a cactus?” I shook my head before I revived his cactus with a wave of my hand.

Oops!  I didn’t get to introduce myself.  I’m Jeong Aerum, the Flora Princess.  You’re probably wondering what a flora princess is.  My power is being able to control animals and plants, especially briar patches and roses.  Anything with thorns, I love.  I find it amazing how something beautiful can also be dangerous and protective of itself. 

“I don’t have time to water it,” Jinwoon shoved me as he walked into the bathroom we shared.

“You only need to water is once every two weeks!” I lifted my hands in exasperation.

“Well, I know you will revive it again for me,” he winked.

“Next time I won’t!  You and your stupid cactus can die!” I waved my toothbrush in his face.  He smacked it away and the glob of toothpaste fell on my new plaid pajamas.  “JEONG JINWOON!”

“JEONG AERUM!” he screeched in a high-pitched voice, mocking me.

“Stop it oppa!” I smacked his arm.

“Stop it oppa!” he screeched and slapped my arm.

“OPPA!  THAT HURTS!” I shouted and threatened him with the growing briars in my hand.

“Whoa there!” he put his hands in the air to surrender.  “Put your thorns down!”

“Look at my arm!” I yelled, pointing to the red mark.  I made the thorns grow another foot.

“I’m sw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter