it begins here

Love Does Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The song was loud.

I was hesitant when I entered the gates but I braved myself. It took me a while to recognize the song. I knew the song; heard it in the radios, but never bother checking its name. Although it was hip hop, I had a theory that I would come across the title some day.

I have been in this school for about a month or two yet I still feel intimidated whenever I’m here. I feel like skipping school, but this is the school of my dreams. I’ve been dying to join here since forever. I had a thought maybe it’s because I started learning music a year ago and that I might be as good as the other seniors or schoolmates. But the reason I was in here because I wanted this badly and I knew what I want to do. The teachers seemed to believe in me to let me in.

At the corner, just by the fountain, a group of seniors were dancing to the song with people crowding around them. Around the area, groups of student are scattered everywhere – like a typical high school.

But this high school isn’t typical.

From the outside (and most of inside), it’s a normal typical international high school of performing arts. But actually, it’s totally almost rule-free. You’re free to come anytime and do anything that’s trouble-free.  We don’t have uniforms and academic classes are anytime (you can join any classes of any time as long as it’s your grade).

This place is equals to heaven.

So far I have only befriended three girls; Taitam, Yūzhen and Yoshiko. They were the first ones to approach me, though I don’t know how. We have similar interest but completely different weird tastes. We wanted different curriculums but agreed to have Band as our first choice.

Yūzhen and I got into band. Taitam got in Vocal (singing; where they focus more on vocalists’ inner voice and experiment more on their voices) and Yoshiko got into Dance.

I bumped into Yūzhen and immediately, she dragged me towards the music room. Yūzhen is the type to be punctual and we were kind of late. When we were there, fortunately on time, there was a talk and discussion and I obviously didn’t pay any attention.

After an hour of discussion, we were free to do anything… for the day. But I had math in the evening. I had no other choice and places to go but to stay and get to know people in the curriculum more. Knowing Yūzhen, she won’t even bother which is why I stayed by her side.

I look around. People were already befriending; laughing at jokes or stories. I kind of envy them. If only I was a social butterfly, it would be easier for me. And it would be easy to convince Yūzhen to tag along with me.

“Grraahhhh.”

Yūzhen and I turned to where the voice came. A boy, with dark brown hair stood with a similar poker face as Yūzhen’s. But his looked like he’s a lost child while Yūzhen looked more sophisticated.

Before I could answer, Yūzhen snapped, “Get away, childish fool.” I turned to Yūzhen, blinking. Did she just….

“Not until you say the magic word!”

Yūzhen rolled her eyes at the boy’s sudden stern, tensed up face, “Are you a magician? You got the wrong room. This is music.”

The boy shook his head vigorously, “My name is Ryuu. Ryuu Fujita.”

I giggled.

I could tell Yūzhen was judging me but I finally get what the boy was talking and acting about. I crossed my arms, ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter