Prologue

Love Does Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn’t get it.

He was crying. He’s actually crying.

Without knowing, my eyes too filled with tears as my eyebrows pinched together in worry. The tear from my left eye crawled down my cheek before my right one. Why was I crying?

I gathered my courage and forced out my voice to speak which came out hoarser than I expected it to be, “Are you… Are you okay?”

Almost too suddenly, he answered a loud harsh ‘no’. I gasped in surprised - not because of him lashing me out, but because his body trembled more and his sobs were getting louder. I could see him tightening his embrace around his legs. It hurt me a lot.

I’m broken to see him shattered.

I didn’t know why he was this upset was. I didn’t know what made him cry so much. But I knew that I had to be there for him. If not me, then who else?

The thunder growled again.

I shook off all thoughts and ran to him, swinging my arms around him. He didn’t protest. Instead he relaxed slightly but his sobs were getting louder.

I did too. I cried with him. Our bodies shook in rhythm, synced. I wasn’t sure what or why was I crying. Probably because I knew I felt his pain. Probably because I always thought he always is happy. Probably because I assumed he was problem free.

Probably because I knew he shouldn’t feel this way. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter