too hot, too red

Love Does Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: Short Chapter

Again, I'm here to just listen to something I know I could never understand. I groaned at the clock. Five more minutes. Five more minutes which felt like forever. I turned my head slightly which my head rested on my hand. Taitam was also dreading. And the boy beside her... was sleeping. "Miss Hong, please wake baby Cameron up." 

The class laughed. Taitam secretly glared at the boy's sleeping head and gave a kick on his leg. The boy didn't budge which made her groan. She stepped on his foot. The boy jolted up, half asleep. 

"Morning Cameron."

He nodded, his eyes still half closed which made him look like he had a horizontal lined eyes., "Morning Mrs. Sim." 

"Pay attention." Mrs. Sim gave him one last scowl before turning to the white board, writing the notes for us to copy down. 

I didn't turn back to the front. I kept staring at the boy. Something about him makes me just... stare. He messed his hair— silently chewing on nothing— and lazily sat up. And he looked at me. 

He looked. 

He caught me staring at him.

For a while, I was dazed. My heart skipped a beat. I frowned, what was that? My mind remembered to what my mother had told me— love at first sight. I mentally shook my head. Couldn't be. I barely knew him. I don't even know him.

He froze, eyes still half open. His eye bags were wrinkled slightly with his eyes puffed and red. His mouth was lightly opened. Then , for a millisecond, he flashed a smile. A charming one. My eyes expand at the thought. Get a hold of yourself. I raised a brow before turning my head to the front, rolling my eyes acting like nothing happened. 

But I felt my cheeks burning. 

Finally, after a long 300 seconds that felt like 3 million seconds, the bell rang. I turned again and gave Taitam a look to hurry pack her her stuff. After the teacher dismissed us, we rushed out of the door without wasting another dreadful second in a hell like class.

We sat at at the same spot. Exactly the same spot as before. I slightly banged my tray which frightened Taitam slightly. I muttered a silent 'sorry' and sat. 

Not long, Yoshiko and Yuzhen came. Yuzhen is the first to point out that I was red, making Taitam telling her about how hard I slammed my tray; but she exaggerated. 

"So, who's the guy?"

I frowned at Taitam, "What guy?" 

She gave me a skeptical look and sighed, "The one that's making you this way." 

"Pft, no one. I'm just frustrated." 

"Mhm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter