Chapter 2

Made Just For Me

The next week was, for Joonmyeon, torture. His mind wouldn’t stop flicking back to the tattooed omega, and it was getting increasingly more difficult to act nonchalant when he caught a hint of apples in the halls. His friends were incredibly amused by his sudden bursts of alpha pheromones that he would give off without realising. Sehun was determined to find out the root of the problem.

“Joonmyeon.” He turned around, having just come out of a meeting with the headmaster. He smiled when he spotted Sehun, and made his way over to him.

“Hey Sehun. What’s up?”

“That’s what I was gonna ask you.” He replied, crossing his arms with a raised eyebrow.

“Um… nothing?” Joonmyeon wasn’t sure if he had done something wrong, and he racked his brains trying to think of an instance where he could have offended the younger boy.

“You sure? You just feeling like letting off some alpha scent every now and again then?”

“Oh.” Joonmyeon realised what he was getting at. “It’s not on purpose! I swear, it’s-”

Sehun held up a finger, cutting him off for a moment. He looked over Joonmyeon’s shoulder, waving. “Hey Jongin.”

Suddenly, a wall of that heady scent slammed into him, and he whipped his head around to find the omega walking past, sending a small nod to Sehun. He stilled slightly, eyes glancing back to Joonmyeon before he set off even faster, shoving his hands into his hoodie pockets.

Sehun smiled lightly, turning back to Joonmyeon. “That’s Jongin, he-” he paused and sniffed the air, “you’re doing it again.”

Joonmyeon was too distracted to answer. “Did you say his name was Jongin?”

Sehun frowned at him in confusion. “Uh, yeah Jongin, he’s in my dance class…” a look of realisation dawned on his face, along with a far too wicked grin. “You like him, don’t you?”

“I can’t help it!” Joonmyeon exclaimed. “He’s just so attractive! Plus have you smelt him? It’s crazy.”

Sehun laughed (cackled). “Yeah well, you might not want to wait around. The rest of the school seems to have the same thoughts as you. Plus I saw Ryeowook trying to talk to him the other day. You’re not the only alpha, remember?”

Joonmyeon accidentally let out a low growl, causing Sehun to snort. “Don’t worry too much though, he doesn’t really talk to anyone.”

Joonmyeon wanted to sigh. “He’s one of those ‘I am mightier than thou’ omegas, isn’t he?”

The question seemed to be hilarious to Sehun, who bit the inside of his cheek to contain his laughter. “I wouldn’t say that, no.”

Joonmyeon didn’t really listen to him. Of course the most perfect person he had ever seen would be stuck up. Looking rather downtrodden, he bid goodbye to a still snickering Sehun, and head towards his next class.

 

+++++

 

Joonmyeon walked quickly into the library on Monday morning, determined to claim a computer to print off his notes for tomorrow. He froze, however, when he spotted a familiar tattooed figure, sitting in a back corner, a book in his hands. He glanced mournfully over at the last vacant computer, then back at the boy.

It’s my duty as school captain, he told himself, I have to see how the new students are doing.

Stubbornly ignoring the sniggering in the back of his mind (which sounded a bit too much like Yixing for his liking), he made his way over to the back of the library. He stopped in front of Jongin’s table; unsure what to do given the other was seemingly absorbed in his book. Feeling his resolve slipping, he was about to pretend none of this ever happened and bolt for the exit when Jongin’s eye’s flicked up. They widened slightly in shock, blinking curiously when Joonmyeon made no move to talk.

“Hey! I’m Joonmyeon.” He started, once he noticed he had been staring for too long.

Jongin nodded slowly, fingers curling around the edge of his book, and Joonmyeon could read the tattoos on his knuckles, both hands spelling the word ‘serenity’. His eyes flitted around the room, and if the boy didn’t look like he could order a hit on Joonmyeon’s family, he would have thought he looked nervous.

“What’s your name?” he asked, deciding it was best not to creep the boy out by telling him he already knew his name.

There was a small pause, before he replied, “Jongin.” in a smooth, quiet voice. He decided he liked the name even more now.

“How are you finding the school?” he asked with a smile, determined to start some kind of conversation with the boy.

“G-good.”

Joonmyeon was pretty sure he gaped.

“Did you just stutter?” he blurted out, slapping a hand over his mouth once he realised what he had said.

Jongin’s cheeks turned bright red, and if his hand wasn’t over his mouth his jaw would’ve dropped. y angsty tattoo boy was blushing.

“I…” Jongin started, before pressing his lips together and glaring down at his book.

Joonmyeon tried to backpedal. “No! No I mean, it was just a bit of a surprise.” Jongin’s eyes looked up warily and he continued quickly. “It was really cute, is all. Which is unexpected because you’re… you know.” Joonmyeon was slamming his face into a wall in his mind. Yeah, nice one, Myun. So smooth.

Jongin’s brow creased in confusion, clearly not catching on.

“Hot. You’re hot.”

And well, Joonmyeon didn’t really feel stupid for saying it when Jongin’s eyes widened and his cheeks filled with pink again. It was an omega’s nature to be submissive. It was simply hardwired into their hormones to be timid, especially around an alpha. But this, this was different. Jongin was… well, shy. He was actually-

“Adorable.” He murmured, only half realising what he was saying. Joonmyeon was startled out of watching Jongin’s full lips part when the bell sounded, the sound slightly dulled in the library. He cleared his throat, trying to figure out how to address the boy who was now frantically throwing papers into his bag. “Hey…” he said, before Jongin could leave. Jongin stared at the ground, his messy hair flopping onto his face. “If you want, you can come sit with me and my friends at lunch. It’s not just people from my year, there are a few in your year as well.”

Brown eyes flicked up in surprise, looking at Joonmyeon through brunette bangs.

The corners of Jongin’s mouth lifted, every so slightly, and he gave a quick nod before rushing out of the library.

Joonmyeon, if he was honest, had been lusting after the boy, imagining sinful smirks and confident hands. Now though, Joonmyeon realised the boy was really quite reserved. The tattoos and piercings screamed danger, but the blushing cheeks and wide eyes were so gentle. It was an intoxicating combination, and Joonmyeon felt a little drunk off it. But it wasn’t just lust this time… no, for some reason, he wanted to pick him up and spin him around and make laughter fall from those beautiful lips.

To be honest, he wanted all of Jongin.

 

+++++

 

Joonmyeon tapped his finger on the cafeteria table, ignoring the food in front of him and scanning the room.

“Hello? Earth to Myun?” Chanyeol said loudly, waving a hand in front of his face.

“Hm?” Joonmyeon turned back to his friends, noticing they were all looking at him. “Sorry, what did you say?”

Jongdae chuckled fondly, repeating the question. “I said, who are you looking for? You’ll snap your neck if you strain it any harder.”

Joonmyeon tried to subtly glance at the door again. “Oh, um…  well see I invited this year ten student to come sit with us. It’s just he always seems to be by himself and Sehun and Tao are in his year so-”

“It’s Jongin isn’t it?” Sehun interrupted, a disturbingly triumphant grin on his face. The rest of the table looked at him questioningly.

“Who’s Jongin?” Yixing asked, poking Joonmyeon in the ribs. “Wait a minute, is it that gorgeous tattooed guy you keep undressing with your eyes?”

“Yep.” Sehun answered, before Joonmyeon could protest. “I knew it! I knew you liked him when you asked me for his name.”

The rest of the table cooed at the school captain, who was groaning loudly.

“Myunnie has a crush!” Tao giggled. “That’s so cute.”

Baekhyun snorted. “I’m sorry, but have you seen that guy? Looks like one of those cocky omegas. He’s probably already best friends with the popular kids.”

“Baek.” Chanyeol laughed. “We kind of are the popular kids.”

Sehun sniggered at Baekhyun’s words. “Don’t get your hopes up too high, Baek. Jongin’s not exactly… well. ‘Cocky’, as you put it.”

“Jongin!” The conversation was cut off by Joonmyeon, who had jumped out of his seat. He walked over to the boy in question, who was standing and holding a tray of food. Joonmyeon’s table watched in awe as their friend said a few words, and led Jongin over to the table, seating him next to himself. He stared down at his food, and Joonmyeon realised he was probably a bit scared right now. He sent a warning glare across the table, be nice!!

“So, Jongin, right?” Yixing asked, thankfully not in his usual mocking tone.

Jongin nodded curtly in reply, his head lifting slightly.

“I love your tatts, man.” Chanyeol told him, grinning. “They’re really cool.”

A light pink spread over Jongin’s face, and when he stammered out a, “T-thank you” in a tiny voice, Joonmyeon knew his friends were sold.

“Oh my goodness!” Tao squealed, clutching his fork in his hands. “You’re adorable.”

The words only caused the pink to get stronger, and everyone seemed as dumbfounded as he was the first time.

Sensing Jongin’s embarrassment, Joonmyeon decided he should try and change the subject. “Well, it’s only a week into the year and I’m pretty sure Mrs Jung is ready to murder Yixing.”

The dimpled teen smiled serenely across the table. “She loves me on the inside. I just know it.”

The conversation flowed naturally after that, occasional questions lobbed at Jongin, who answered them in short sentences. By the end of lunch, however, he seemed notably more relaxed, even giving small smiles when the others cracked jokes.

When the bell rang and everyone started moving out, Joonmyeon lightly grabbed Jongin’s wrist. Jongin made no move to pull away, but his eyes were wide and his lips were parted in shock. Joonmyeon resisted the urge to open his mouth further to check if that was really a tongue piercing he just saw.

“Jongin, can I please have your number?” Jongin looked like a deer caught in the headlights, and Joonmyeon barrelled on. “We’re friends now, right? Friends exchange numbers.”

Jongin smiled a little smile, reaching into his back pocket and pulling out his phone. He opened his contacts, turning the phone around to face Joonmyeon. He quickly tapped his number in, giving it back when he was done. “Text me so I can get your number, okay?”

“Okay.” Jongin replied. Joonmyeon subtly looked over at the screen, watching him fill in Joonmyeon’s name and add a smiley face at the end.

Joonmyeon tried not to look too happy as left the cafeteria after saying goodbye to Jongin. His phone buzzed in his pocket, and he pulled it out to read the message.

From: Unknown

Thank you

Joonmyeon beamed down at the screen, quickly adding Jongin’s contact to his phone.

 

+++++

 

The first time they hung out just the two of them, was one weekend when the whole group was supposed to be going to see a movie, but miraculously everyone had bailed leaving Joonmyeon and Jongin on their own. It had been slightly awkward at first, but Joonmyeon was quick to ease the tension, cracking a few jokes and pulling a few smiles from the other. They had gone to eat after the movie, chicken because Jongin had finally caved and told the other it was his favourite. There was one piece of chicken left at the end of the meal, and Jongin had refused to touch it.

“Joonmyeon, you insisted on buying the tickets and the food,” well, that was true, “at least eat the last piece of chicken.”

As lovely as Jongin’s pleading voice was, Joonmyeon refused to be swayed, and Jongin had ended up giving in and eating the chicken. It was when he was finished, however, that Joonmyeon had leant across and swiped a crumb from his lip, and Jongin had giggled, that Joonmyeon knew he was ed.

Since then, the pair had been hanging out a lot together, sometimes going to see movies, sometimes out to eat. No matter where they went though, much to Jongin’s annoyance, Joonmyeon always insisted on paying. Joonmyeon’s family was extremely well off, but he had never flaunted it. He never had a reason to. Except now, with Jongin. He wanted more than anything to treat him to all the things he liked, to see that beautiful smile on his face. And sure, not everything that brought the boy happiness had a monetary value – his obsession with stars, for example. But the pure elation on his face when Joonmyeon had bought him a new vanilla scented candle was very hard not to get addicted to. At first he had protested whenever Joonmyeon paid for things, saying that it wasn’t even for him, why was he buying it? After two months of this, though, the younger was resigned to the fact that he liked to buy him things, and Joonmyeon was ecstatic that he heard almost no objection anymore.

It was a normal day, and the two were lounging about on Joonmyeon’s huge bed, Jongin the soft sheets in awe. He never seemed to get over the fact that Joonmyeon slept on something so comfy.

“Jongin?” Joonmyeon asked quietly, shifting his head on the pillow to get a better view of him. The boy looked breathtaking as usual, hair fanned out in an unruly halo, framing his beautiful face. His complexion contrasted deliciously with the white sheets, and the tattoos seemed so bold and intense on his skin. Perfect, he thought. “I’ve been wondering… why did you come to the school?”

Jongin’s transfer had never come up, and while it could be nothing, Joonmyeon wanted to know all the same. If he was honest, he wanted to know everything about Jongin.

Jongin sighed, and rolled over onto his side to face Joonmyeon. “My old school, they-they asked me to leave. Technically they can’t expel you for low attendance.” Jongin’s voice was usually quiet, but today Joonmyeon had to strain his ears to hear him.

“Why did you have low attendance?”

Jongin brought his thumb up to his mouth, biting the nail. Joonmyeon reached out a hand and touched it lightly, making him stop. “My mum was really sick for a while. And we’re… we haven’t got – I mean don’t really have a lot of money.” Jongin looked worried, like the older boy was going to kick him out or something. Joonmyeon lifted his hand again, twining his fingers between Jongin’s own, and he relaxed instantly. “So I got an extra job to pay for everything but… the shifts were often during the day and I had to miss a lot of school. Mum got better and I was able to go back and pass the year but I still missed too many days.”

Joonmyeon could feel his heart breaking. Jongin was so kind, so lovely, and yet the world had been so to him. “What about your father?”

Jongin tensed up, and he may have been taller than Joonmyeon, but right now he looked so small. “I-I’ve never met him. I don’t know who he is. My mum has had a few boyfriends but… they always leave.”

Something snapped inside of Joonmyeon, and with the hand he was gripping, he pulled the slightly trembling form into his arms. He wrapped one arm around his back, and threaded one through his hair, it soothingly. He was not letting him get hurt again. He was going to keep him safe. “Don’t worry, Jongin. I’ll look after you.” The boy in his arms relaxed, hands clutching the front of his shirt. “I’ll take care of you.”

 

+++++

 

The boys were basically inseparable now. The only time they were apart – aside from classes – was when Joonmyeon had captain duties and when Jongin had dance or work. Luckily, today was a Saturday, and neither had anything on. They were currently in the park, the warm sun blanketing them. Jongin’s head was in Joonmyeon’s lap as the older boy read a book. The younger had been very quiet all morning, and Joonmyeon told him to have a nap. He reached a hand down absently to play with Jongin’s hair, and gasped in shock when his forehead was burning hot.

“Jongin! Are you okay?” he asked frantically, sweeping the hair off his face. The boy grimaced, opening his eyes and squinting against the sunlight.

“I don’t feel very well.” He said with a small groan.

Joonmyeon cupped his face with both hands, eyes running over his face that he noticed was a little pale. “Why didn’t you say anything? Come on, I’ll call your mum.”

“No! She has work today, it’s fine.” He sat up slowly, wincing as his head throbbed. “I’ll just go home and sleep.”

“No you won’t, I’m not letting you go anywhere by yourself.” He stood up, and bent down, slipping his hands under Jongin’s arms to lift him up to his feet. Joonmyeon was surprised at how light he was, and it was easy to manoeuvre him so he was leaning onto him for support. “Come on, we’ll go back to mine.”

Thankfully, Joonmyeon’s house was only a five-minute walk from the park (or ten minutes with a woozy Jongin). He slipped his key into the door, pushing it open and carefully pulling Jongin after him. Jongin’s wolf ears had appeared on the walk, and they were pressed flat to his head. He was sweating as well, with most of his weight on the older boy and his head in the crook of his neck, letting out small pained whimpers every now and again.

“Joonmyeon! You’re ba-” Joonmyeon’s mother had heard the door opening and came out of the kitchen to greet her son. Right now though, she was staring at the scene in front of her. “Is he okay?”

“No, he’s really sick. Can you please bring some medicine up to my room?” Joonmyeon continued to gently move Jongin toward the stairs, in the end deciding to just lift him into his arms, the boy clinging to him like a koala. Joonmyeon would have cooed if he wasn’t so worried.

“Of course sweetie.” She was confused as to who this new omega was, but the boy looked very sick, so she saved the questions for later.

Carrying Jongin was easy, and Joonmyeon sent silent blessings to whoever decided to make alphas incredibly strong. Once they reached his bedroom, he sat him down carefully at the edge of the bed, before quickly pulling the sheets back. He hurried back and pulled Jongin’s shoes off. Noting that the boy looked ready to pass out, he hooked his hand under his neck and knees, lifting him up and laying him down on the bed. There was a knock on the door and his mother, Yoon-Hee, walked in quietly holding a bottle of medicine and a wet hand towel. Joonmyeon smiled gratefully at her, pulling the blankets up around Jongin’s neck.

There was a whimper of complaint and Jongin tried to kick the blankets off, only to be stopped by Joonmyeon. “It’s too hot.” He whined, his ears flicking in irritation and pouting when he couldn’t throw them off.

Joonmyeon tried (and failed) to suppress a smile, smoothing Jongin’s hair off his face. “Sorry. You have to stay warm.” Joonmyeon didn’t like that Jongin was sick, but he loved the way he was behaving – all soft and needy. The way he turned his face to nuzzle into the older boy’s hand was a far cry from his usual behaviour, and Joonmyeon sincerely hoped some of it would stay.

Yoon-hee cleared from the end of the bed, and Joonmyeon whipped around to see her standing with an amused expression on her face. Ignoring it, he quickly took the equipment out of her hands. The cold wet towel was greatly appreciated by Jongin, who sighed contentedly, a small smile on his face. The medicine was less well received, as Joonmyeon had to hold his head up as he poured the right amount through his lips. Once everything was done Jongin settled on the bed with his eyes closed, trying to inconspicuously pull a bit of the blanket back.

“Joonmyeon?” he looked up and met his mother’s gaze, and she tilted her head towards the door. Taking the hint, he followed her outside, softly shutting the door behind himself. “So, who is he?”

“Jongin.” Joonmyeon answered quickly, anxious to get back inside. Seeing the raised eyebrows on her, he continued. “He’s in year ten at my school. And mum, I know he has a lot of tattoos and stuf but don’t worry he’s not in a gang or anythi-”

He was interrupted by a snort. “Oh please, he’s practically a kitten. If he’s a gangster I’ll have no fear walking the streets at night.”

Joonmyeon smiled at this. “Wait so… do you think he’s alright?”

She grinned wickedly. “Why, you going to ask for my blessing or something?”

“What? No! I – we’re not even dating or anything I just-”

“You’re not dating?” she stared at him in disbelief.

“Yes! I mean, no we’re not dating.” Joonmyeon cleared his throat. “Why would you think that?”

“Well, something about the way you smiled all adoringly while he was snuggling into your hand kind of looked extremely coupley.”

He huffed defiantly, not wanting to argue because he really liked the idea of them dating.

“Also, you’ve been spending practically ever waking hour with him. Your scents are all over each other. I was going to ask if you were dating someone because basically all of your clothes smelt like an omega.” Yoon-hee had her ‘I-know-best’ face on, but Joonmyeon could see the telltale signs of a smile breaking through.

His suspicions were confirmed when she beamed at him, leaping forward to squeeze him into a hug. “I’m so happy my Myunnie has a boyfriend!”

He squirmed out of the hug. “Mum, he’s not my boyfriend!”

“Okay, you tell yourself that.”

“Mum, I swear to god.” Joonmyeon slapped a hand to his face in anguish.

“You’d better get back in there, Jongin is waiting.” She said with a sly grin. He began to walk back into the room with a resigned sigh. “Oh, and I expect a formal introduction later!”

Joonmyeon very maturely stuck his tongue out in her direction and shut the door, his mother’s laughter dulled by the wood.

He made his way back over to the bed, happy to see Jongin was asleep. Now that there was a bit of calm, he looked closer at his wolf ears. They were chestnut brown, a touch lighter than his hair. They were also slightly larger than was normal, but it was endearing rather than awkward.

He brought his hand down, his fingers softly along one of the ears. It twitched against his hand, and Jongin’s nose scrunched up. He was about to pull his hand away when Jongin’s own hand came up, forming a feather light circle around his wrist. With his eyes still closed, he pulled it over to his face, bringing the palm over his mouth.

“Thank you daddy.” He whispered, soft lips moving against his skin.

Joonmyeon froze, his pulse pounding in his ears.

The hold on his wrist relaxed, and Jongin snuggled deeper into the pillows, completely oblivious to the gaping man above him.

 

 

 

AN

Lets all marvel at my awkward writing

ooooh 

aaaaah

Thank you to my beautiful 8 subbies!!! you guys are wonderful <3

thank you for reading!!!

hopefully ill see you next chapter

xxxxxx