Chapter 4

Made Just For Me

Joonmyeon was getting addicted to coddling Jongin. He couldn’t help it, every time the boy stuttered to someone, or hid slightly behind him when people were talking to Joonmyeon, he wanted to sweep him away and wrap him up in blankets and hugs. When Jongin did something like cling to the back of his shirt like he was a shield, it just felt right.

He did worry, though, that his excessive protectiveness might be making Jongin uncomfortable. Maybe he wanted to talk to more people and Joonmyeon was stopping him? Maybe he should push him to talk more?

They were at a small café for lunch, when Joonmyeon decided to ask him about it.

“Hey, Jongin.” Jongin’s head popped up from the menu it was buried in, looking at Joonmyeon questioningly. “You know… you know, you cling to me a fair bit, right?”

A look of worry passed over his face, and he gripped the menu tightly in his hands. “O-oh… I’m sorry I didn’t mean to-”

“No!” Joonmyeon interrupted him before he could apologize any more. “No, it’s just… I really don’t mind it but I feel like I should be – I don’t know. Encouraging you to talk to people more?”

Jongin bit his lip nervously and ducked his head down slightly. “I-I can if you want me to but… it – it feels nice?” Jongin gave a small nod to himself. “Yeah. It feels nice when you’re there.”

Joonmyeon felt warmth spread through his chest and he smiled over the table. Before he could reply the waiter came over, asking for their orders. Joonmyeon hardly gave it a second thought when he ordered for Jongin – getting the omega’s favourite – and himself, thanking the waiter. When he looked back at the boy he was grinning brightly, and another bubble of happiness swelled inside him.

Joonmyeon definitely agreed with Jongin, it felt nice.

 

+++++

 

If possible, Jongin stuck to him even more after that. In his defence, Joonmyeon was probably even clingier, trying to inconspicuously scent mark Jongin at every chance he got.

“It was so funny.” Yixing wheezed one lunchtime, tears rolling from his eyes in laughter, “Jongin walked into the room and the teacher was like, ‘Oh, I didn’t know we had an alpha in the class? Is there a new student?’”

Jongin had his face – presumably bright red – buried in his arms in embarrassment.

“Jongin couldn’t answer and I was incapacitated with laughter so Sehun had to explain that Jonginnie here had gotten himself a cuddle-addicted alpha.”

Jongin’s head shot up, sending an alarmed glare at Yixing. “I haven’t ‘got’ an alpha.” He protested quietly, Joonmyeon nodding along quickly.

“We’re just friends you idiot.” Joonmyeon scowled.

The rest of his friends just laughed indulgently, and Yixing let out a withering groan, sounding far too exasperated for a high school student. “Yes, because I call my friends darling, and sweetheart. Isn’t that right Baekie-doll?”

Joonmyeon flushed red, clearing his throat. Whoops.

“Aw, don’t blush, Myunnie.”

“Yeah,” Chanyeol interjected, “that’s Jongin’s job.”

Seeming to prove his point, the boy in question flushed red. Even though it would probably fuel his friend’s jokes for a week, Joonmyeon wrapped an arm comfortingly around his shoulder and pulled his head towards his chest.

“Aaw.” Sehun cooed at the pair, dropping his head into is hands. “So very platonic.” He said sarcastically, raising an eyebrow. Joonmyeon growled playfully at him as Jongin squirmed further into him.

“Shut up.” He glared at Sehun. “Unless you would like me to bring up that ‘platonic’ make out sesh I walked in on with you and Yixi-”

“Alright!” Sehun and Yixing interrupted him at the same time. They were very obviously not looking at each other. Sehun cleared his throat and continued, “You’ve made your point.”

Joonmyeon smirked triumphantly, and the smirk turned more into a beam when he heard a small laugh from Jongin, still curled into him.

 

+++++

 

Jongin loved dance class, it was his favourite part of the week. Well, if he was being honest, dance and time with Joonmyeon. Today had been a hard lesson, but to him those were always the best. He loved when he could feel the aches in the morning, the good ones that came from pushing yourself.

He slipped his bag over his shoulder and waved back to Sehun who bid him goodbye. Looking at the time, he noted that Joonmyeon should be there to pick him up in a few minutes. Even though Jongin had initially insisted it wasn’t necessary, the other always liked to walk him to the bus stop and make sure he was safe. Jongin soon stopped arguing it when they would walk with their hands intertwined and Joonmyeon would hug him extra tight before he left.

He looked down the road outside the studio, the street pretty quiet once all the students had left. There was a slight chill outside, and Jongin cursed himself for not bringing a jumper. He wondered if maybe Joonmyeon would let him walk under his arm to keep warm? The prospect of that alone had Jongin filled with excitement to see the other boy.

His thoughts were interrupted, however, when a large shadow suddenly filled his vision. He looked up, and from the scent on the tall wiry man in front of him, he was an alpha. Jongin looked back down instinctively and curled his fingers around his bag strap, trying to make himself look as small as possible. He gripped even tighter when a bony hand grabbed at his chin and forced his head up. Jongin dared not to move as the man inhaled deeply, a sickening smile spreading over his face.

“Well don’t you smell mouth-watering.” His voice was surprisingly deep and scratchy, and it grated over Jongin’s ears like sandpaper. He flinched back, trying to pull his head from the hold. “Ah ah, don’t do that.” He scolded and his fingers dug into his jaw threateningly. “You really are such a pretty little thing. How’d you like to come home with me, hm?”

Jongin squeezed his eyes shut, not wanting to look at the hungry glint in the man’s eyes. He shook his head as best he could, feeling himself start to tremble when a growl erupted from the alpha’s throat.

“Come on, you know I’m an alpha, right?” The alpha’s long body pushed up against his, and Jongin felt tears start to form in his eyes. “You’ve probably only ever had betas. Never had a knot before, right?”

Jongin could feel a sob bubbling in his throat, but before it could come out there was a shout and footsteps and then the alpha’s body was being torn from his. Still not daring to open his eyes he collapsed onto the ground weakly and hugged his knees to himself. The shouting seemed to stop and suddenly he was being pulled into someone’s arms. He froze for a moment, but then he did sob when he realized the smell was Joonmyeon’s. He grabbed at him in relief, burying his head into his chest. It wasn’t until he felt soothing rubs on his back and softly murmured, “Hey, baby, it’s okay. I’ve got you baby” that he noticed he was still shaking.

Without much thought, he whimpered out a small, “daddy” into the soft shirt fabric. He felt the arms squeeze tighter around him and he finally started to relax.

 

 

 

Joonmyeon hugged the boy in his arms, thankfully feeling the tremors lessen throughout his body. He barely suppressed a swell of rage at the thought of that disgusting alpha all over Jongin. He had rounded the corner, on his way to pick up Jongin when he had found the sleazy body all over his perfect omega. He had yelled out in shock, quickly running over. He had yanked the man backwards, impulsively landing a punch square on his nose. The man had fallen to the ground, and Joonmyeon was about to launch another attack on him when he remembered the boy he had saved in the first place. He hissed out “don’t you dare go near him again” to the other alpha before racing over to Jongin and pulling him into his arms. He vaguely registered the scampering away, his mind completely focused on the terrified Jongin in his lap.

He hadn’t really been surprised when he had called him daddy, and now without the shock the name filled him instead with… to be honest, a warm kind of contentment.

He stared down at Jongin, and bent his head down the press his nose into the head of soft brown curls. He rubbed his cheek along his head, trying to remove any trace of the man and Jongin’s throat rumbled in satisfaction.

“I won’t let anyone hurt you, baby.” He whispered into his hair, closing his eyes and inhaling the beautiful smell. “I promise.”