Chapter 9

You're My Friend, but I'm Your Enemy

Okay, I'm so sorry for disappearing like that! And more importantly, I'm sorry for leaving you without any updates. So HERE YOU GUYS GO. Its a short chapter, I know, buuuut I'm updating this from my phone so bare with me please. ANYWAY, ENJOY! Also, I forgot to proofread sooooooooooo

--------------

 

"So, wait," Kira started before shoving a handful of popcorn in . Both Kira and Yukwon were sitting in her room. "Hot Tamale kissed you, but you like his friend?" 

"Something like that.." Yukwon sighed, and buried his face in one of the pillows on Kira's bed. 

"What are you gonna do?" Kira asked.

"I don't know, Kira." He groaned and rolled onto his back, to look up at the ceiling. "I think I should just leave both of them alone before I ruin something." 

Kira popped another handful of popcorn before asking,"But, why? It's not that hard to figure out. Did you like it when Hot Tamale kissed you?" 

"Yeah..?" 

"And has that other guy, whatever his name is, shown you any signs of liking you?" 

"Not really." Yukwon sighed. 

"So, why are you even thinking about this? You like Hot Tamale and he likes you. Forget about that other guy." 

 

"But-"

"There are no buts. If you try to go after what's-his-name, then you'll probably make a mess of everything." She explained. "Don't wreck their friendship just because you wanna be stupid."

Yukwon rolled his eyes and sighed heavily. Maybe Kira was right. The last thing he wanted was to hurt Jihoon, or ruin the friendship between him and Minhyuk. But, it would prove to be hard since he liked both of them quite a bit. "I knew you were good for something." Yukwon teased.

"Rude." Kira tossed a handful of popcorn at Yukwon, who only laughed. 

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" Yukwon snorted. "Thanks, though. I needed that." He admitted.

---

After receiving such helpful advice from Kira, Yukwon decided to pay Minhyuk a visit. Even though Kira made things clearer for him, he still held strong feelings for both Jihoon and Minhyuk, and he was still unsure of what to do.

"Long time, no see. Where've you been?" Minhyuk asked once he opened the door, seeing that it was Yukwon. 

"I was sort of busy with school stuff." Yukwon lied. "Anyway, I kind of need to talk to you." 

"Well, okay. Come on in." Minhyuk invited the kitty into his home and shut the door behind him. "How's Jihoon? I haven't spoke to him since he was in the hospital." 

"Why? What happened?" Yukwon asked.

Minhyuk stayed quiet while he led Yukwon up the stairs and into his room. "Well, uh," Minhyuk started. "He's upset and wants his space." 

"I really hope he's okay. I feel so helpless not being able to do anything." Yukwon sighed and sat on the edge of Minhyuk's bed. "Anyway, I kind of wanted to confess something to you." 

Minhyuk knew that his confession could only be one of two things. Either Yukwon was going to confess his feelings for Jihoon, or his feelings for him. The last thing he wanted was for Yukwon to like him and not Jihoon, because he didn't want to lose Jihoon as a friend and it already seemed like that's what was happening. "Can I say something first?" Minhyuk asked, trying to stall the confession. When Yukwon nodded, he joined Yukwon on the bed and he began to speak. "Jihoon really likes you, and you know it. But, the more he likes you, the more he thinks you're going to end up liking me. He's been through so much heartache in the course of two years, and he doesn't believe people like him for him anymore. He just thinks people use him to get to me, and he's constantly blaming me for it. He really likes you, Yukwon. He goes through enough because of his parents. Please don't add on to it. He needs you right now, so if you're confession has to do with me, then save it. I don't want you to like me. I don't want you to be anywhere near me if it means you're going to pick me over him." And after all that was said, they sat in silence for a moment.  

"I... I don't know what to do Minhyuk." Yukwon drew in a deep breath before speaking again. "I like both of you." 

"You can't let Jihoon know that. He'll only hear that you like me." Minhyuk nodded. "Please, drop your feelings for me. I know it's a lot to ask, but for me, my friendship with Jihoon means more than some crush." 

Yukwon stayed quiet, and looked down at his hands. He understood what Minhyuk was saying, but he couldn't get rid of his feelings for him that easily. "I'll try, for the sake of you guys' friendship. And, I want Jihoon to have a reason to be happy. I haven't seen him smile in a while." 

"Thanks for understanding." Minhyuk nodded.

----

The next day, Yukwon had planned to find Jihoon and have a private talk with him. But, Jihoon was nowhere to be found throughout the school. That was probably because he was too busy avoiding Yukwon. Jihoon dipped and dodged through the halls, avoiding his precious kitty. 

He would've skipped out on school completely, but Jihoon was desperately trying to graduate because of Minhyuk. Jihoon didn't want to be held back, nor did he want to drop out. He wanted to prove that he was capable of something, and he wasn't going to let his feelings for Yukwon, nor his anger towards Minhyuk ruin that.

It was now the end of the day and Yukwon had yet to run into the fiery-haired boy he'd been searching for all day. 

"Why do you look so mad?" Kira approached Yukwon.

"I can't find hot ta- Jihoon.. I can't find Jihoon."

"I saw him a few times today. He seemed like he was avoiding someone and in a huge rush at the same time." 

Yukwon sighed. "He's probably avoiding me. He was really upset the last time I saw him." 

"Why?" 

"Because he thinks me and Minhyuk are together, I think." And as he said that, Jihoon turned the corner, but halted as soon as he locked eyes with Yukwon. 

"Oh look, it's Hot Tamale." Kira politely waved at Jihoon, before taking her leave. 

After that, the two stood in silence, and before Yukwon could open his mouth to speak, Jihoon his heels and started to walk away. 

"Jihoon, wait." Yukwon followed behind him. "It's been weeks since you've said anything to me. Why are you doing this?"

Jihoon ignored him.

"stop." Yukwon grabbed Jihoon by the arm so he would stop walking.

"What?" Jihoon asked, harshly.

"Are you being serious right now? Why are you ignoring me? Dodging me in the halls? Do you really hate me that much?" 

"I don't hate you."

"Seems like it." 

"Or, maybe it seems like I'm trying to in' concentrate and pass my classes so I can graduate on time." jihoon scoffed. 

"I doubt that's the reason why youre avoiding me, but okay." Yukwon shrugged. "I really like you, but you're pushing me away." 

"It's only temporary. It'll only be long until you fawn over Minhyuk like everyone else. I wont matter to you for much longer. " 

"Don't say things like that. You put yourself down before you even have a chance."Yukwon nodded.

"I put myself down as a means of survival- as a means of protecting myself." Jihoon explained. "I fall so easily for people and no one bothers to catch me, Yukwon." 

Yukwon shook his head. "It's kitty to you, not Yukwon." 

"You can be Minhyuk's kitty from here on out."

"Stop! Stop pushing me towards him, when I want to have something with you!" Yukwon pushed Jihoon, but barely managed to move him.

 

"Your feelings won't last. They never do." 

Yukwon, acting on impulse, slapped the red-haired boy across the face. "Shut up, and listen to me. Please." He pleaded. "If you keep pushing me away then that's when I'll end up supposedly fawning over Minhyuk. Jihoon, I like you. So, please don't be this way towards me, because it hurts." Yukwon admitted, looking down at his feet, trying to hide the fact that he was crying. 

Jihoon was surprised- but not because Yukwon had hit him, but because Yukwon admitted how he really felt. 

"Say something." Yukwon sniffled.

"I can't. I don't know what to say." 

"Say you like me too." Yukwon finally looked up to Jihoon. 

"I do like you. I like you so much it hurts, but there'll always be that feeling that you'll pick Minhyuk over me."

"I won't do that." He reassured the latter. "So, do you wanna give it a shot?" Yukwon asked while gently taking Jihoon's hand. 

 

Because of Yukwon's sudden question, Jihoon's skin grew hot and his face grew red. "W-what are you saying?"  

"Do you want to be my boyfriend?" Yukwon asked.

"Y-youre asking me out?" 

"Why not? We like each other, right?" Yukwon smiled up at the boy. "So, what's your answer, Hot Tamale?"

"I'll say yes if you agree never to call me that again." Jihoon laughed, which caused Yukwon to laugh also.

"Okay, I won't call you that anymore." He smiled, and held his hands out. "Now can I have a hug? I've been waiting for one." 

Jihoon couldn't help but smile. He missed his kitty, and he was glad Yukwon wasn't upset with him for acting the way he was. He wrapped his arms around his dear kitty and held him in a tight embrace.