Chapter 11

You're My Friend, but I'm Your Enemy

I would have updated a bit sooner this week, but I had a bit of writers block, and since my birthday was on Wednesday, I felt I needed a little break xD anywaaay, I see you guys are happy for Jihoon and Ukwon all while knowing it won't work out. Thanks for being so motivating! Your comments mean everything to me! 

------

"So, you talked to your mom?" Minhyuk asked, rather surprised that his fiery-haired friend did such a thing. "How'd it go?"

Jihoon smiled brightly, spinning around in the computer chair that was in the office-like room of Minhyuk's home. "We're on good terms now, and so much weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I don't think I've ever felt this good." 

"That's good, I'm glad to hear." Minhyuk nodded, leaning against the wall. 

"Its all thanks to Yukwon, really. He's the one that wanted me to talk to her." Jihoon nodded.

"And how is your relationship with him going?" 

"Amazing, honestly." The red-haired boy couldn't stop himself from smiling, as he thought about his precious Kitty. "I really thought he would end up liking you instead of me." 

Minhyuk kept quiet, knowing if he told Jihoon that Yukwon had also liked him, things would take a turn for the worst. So, he only smiled and congratulated Jihoon. "I'm really happy for you guys." 

"Thanks, Minhyuk." Jihoon nodded. "Things have been going a little too well for me lately. I wanna say its the universe blessing me with good fortune, but I can't help but feel like this is just some build up to something terrible that's gonna happen in the future." He sighed heavily, and prayed that wasn't the case. 

"I'm sure thats not it. I think you've just been hit with so many unfortunate events, that you feel like its a setup." Minhyuk shrugged. "Just enjoy it. You deserve it, man." 

"You're right." Jihoon finally agreed. Maybe all of this wasn't a bad thing. Maybe there was no reason for him to be suspicious of all the things that have recently been in his favor. Maybe he was overreacting. "Well, I gotta go. I'm going over Yukwon's to meet his mom." 

"Good luck, Hot Tamale." Minhyuk snorted.

"Call me that again, and I'll have to kill you." Jihoon said with a crooked smile. 

---

After knocking on the front door of Yukwon's house, Jihoon brushed his fingers through his bright hair and patiently waited for someone to answer the door. 

"Oh! You must be Jihoon." An unexpectedly cheerful woman answered the door, which Jihoon assumed was Yukwon's mother. "Yukwon stepped out for a bit, but he'll be back." She informed while inviting him inside.

--- 

"Oh, hey. What are you doing here?" Minhyuk answered the door and was greeted by a kitty with a worried expression. "Is everything alright?"

"I don't know." Yukwon shrugged. 

"Come in, we can talk about it." Minhyuk stepped aside. "By the way, you just missed Jihoon. He was on his way to your house. Meeting your mom, huh?"  

Yukwon nodded, and stepped inside, following Minhyuk up the stairs and into his room. "So, what's up?" He asked, sitting on the edge of his bed. 

"I don't know, Minhyuk. I really don't." 

"Does it have anything to do with Jihoon?" 

"I'm not sure. I'm just really worried that I'm gonna hurt him." Yukwon admitted without realizing it. 

Minhyuk snickered a bit, while nodding. "That's natural. But, if you give him the love and attention he needs, and show absolutely no interest in anyone else, then you've got nothing to worry about." 

"I just feel like I'm gonna make a mistake and mess everything up." Yukwon rested his face in his hands. 

"Mistakes happen." Minhyuk mentioned. "But, I have to ask. What mistake is that?" 

"I don't know. He's just so broken and hurt already. I don't want to contribute to that hurt. I want him to think of me and smile the whole time, not cry or frown. I don't want him to think bad of me." 

"He won't." Minhyuk assured him. "His heart's too big for that."

"I can't help but be really scared, though." Yukwon sighed. "I like him a lot." 

"Good." Minhyuk stood up and patted the top of Yukwon's head. "You need a hug or something?" 

Yukwon looked up and Minhyuk towering over him. "A hug from you would only conflict with the feelings I have for Jihoon." He admitted. 

"Fair enough." Minhyuk snorted. 

"Well, I guess I should get back home. I really don't know what I would do without your help." 

---

"And then, Kwonnie would dress up in my clothes and arrange a small fashion show for me." Yukwon's mother sat beside Jihoon in the living room, sharing stories about the kitty when he was younger.

"Mom, are you really telling him that?!" Yukwon asked once he walked in and overheard her. 

"Why not? I didn't have anything else to talk about since you left before he got here." His mother retorted. "Where'd you go anyway?" 

Yukwon paused, not knowing what to tell her. He shrugged and said, "Had to return a book I borrowed from a friend." He nodded, and joined the two on the couch. 

"So, Jihoon, has anyone told you how much Kwonnie talks about you?" His mother asked while receiving a glare from Yukwon. 

"No. Is it a lot?" 

"Nonstop." She responded.

"Well, I can tell you, I talk about him to my mom nonstop too. I wonder if she ever gets tired of it. She always seems so fascinated." Jihoon said. 

"Maybe Yukwon should meet your mother if he hasn't already. I'd also like to meet her if we're being honest."

"Maybe the four of us could do something?" Jihoon suggested.

"Oh! That sounds like fun!" She exclaimed. 

"We could go out for dinner or something. I say that's the easiest way to get to know a person." Yukwon spoke up.

"Yeah, but we can't just do dinner. Let's do a movie too."  Jihoon nodded. When the others agreed, he said, "I'll ask her whenever I go home." He nodded.

"Oh, that reminds me, I need to talk to Jihoon alone." She nodded and shooed her son away. When he left reluctantly, she began to talk. "So, Yukwon managed to bring up some things that may or may not me a touchy subject for you."

"Really?" Jihoon asked. 

"He told me about the situation with you and your parents. I'm glad to hear you were able to work things out with your mother." 

"Me too." Jihoon sighed. "My dad still won't talk to me. I don't care though."

Yukwon's mother smiled before placing her small hand on his shoulder. "Its not my place to speak on another family's problems, but, I can help you take your mind off of things like that." 

"How?" Jihoon asked.

"Plants!" She said with a wide smile. "My number one stress reliever." 

"Stress reliever?" 

"Yes! They lift your mood with their beauty. Would you like to go out and get some? You could pick some flowers out for your mother as well." 

"I guess it wouldn't hurt." 

"Great, I'll go get Kwonnie."